disney trip(for a beginner)

kevin35

Earning My Ears
Im off to paris in july 2004 with a party of 7 adults and 5 naughty children and i wanted a few(i mean alot of tips)on how to go about finding best methods of travel and who too book with?im in leicester(england)oldest child is 15 and youngest child is 40 months and wife was worried that the rides would be a little too big for him,also which hotel caters more for families?.
With the holiday being in peak holiday time how early should i book?,ty for any help kevin:Pinkbounc

Hi Kevin, welcome to the DIS boards.

The best place to start if you are new to Disneyland Paris is to buy this book. The author, Simon Veness, is a regular contributor here, and his book is probably the best guidebook to DLP. You'll also find a wealth of experience on this board, so please feel free to ask any questions you have. Another good place for unofficial reviews is this website.

Simon's book has good reviews of the hotels at DLP. They are all child friendly, so the choice will depend mainly on your budget. My favourite of the moderate price hotels is the Sequoia Lodge, but that's only becuase I like the themeing. The other hotels are also nice. DLP hotels often fully book during the summer months, so don't wait until too late to book. There are very rarely any discounts to be had by booking late, so I would bookas soon as as the brochures come out and you know your dates for travelling. There is not that much variation in prices across the independent operators and the official DLP UK office. You can pick up DLP brochures in most travel agents, and check the official DLP website for a guide to prices.

If you are planning a visit in July try to go after the 10th of the month. Around about this date (I'm not sure exactly when in 2004) DLP goes to its extended sumer opeing hours (9am-11pm for Disneyland, 9am-8pm fo the Walt Disney Studios). Having these extar hours at the end of the day means it is possible to take a midday break without missing out on too much time to ride the attractions, and means you also get nightly parade and fireworks everyday.

There are a very wide range of rides and attractions, some of which have height limits so it may be that your youngest may not be tall enough for everything at DLP. However, this should not be a problem as there will be plenty for him to do.

Please feel free to ask any more questions.

Regards

Rob

We've only stayed at Camp Davy crockett but I can definately recommend it , Especially for those with a young family.

The cabins sleep upto 6 & you have the extra of a kitchen which may be helpful for the family with the little one.

The pool on site is one of the best .

The site is wooded & vey peaceful.

The drawback is that it is only accessable by car, there is no Disney transport.

It takes no time at all to get there from the parks & is easy to leave the park & go back for an afternoon break.

Parking at the parks is free too.

Hi :wave: ,

Like Rob said, all of the on-site hotels at Disneyland Paris are great for children. There are always characters wondering around and the theming of them all is great. Also, remember to book as early as you can as the on-site hotels book up very fast.

If you have any young children or elderly then The Disneyland Hotel is perfectly situated, virtually in The Disneyland Park meaning that it only takes 2 minuites from your room to the park, and makes it ideal for a mid-afternoon break. It also just 3-5 minutes walk from The Disney Studios.

Newport Bay Club, Sequioa Lodge and Hotel New York are all situated around Lake Disney and are about 10-15 minutes to the parks (New York being nearest) through The Disney Village (full of Disney shops, restaurants, bars etc.).

The website link that Rob gave has some great information and photographs of the resorts to help you choose.

There are many rides for younger children at DLRP. We first took DS when he was just 1 year old and we still founds lots for him to do and meeting the characters was just magical for him at that age.

Richard. :)

Well im glad i joined this forum as u have helped me out alot already,just wanna say thanks kevin:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter