Disney Transportation - boats, buses, everything!

shrinky215

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know of a good site that has EVERY bus, boat and monorial destinations/stops displayed? I am planning to spend our first night taking a little tour of disney and the resorts without spending a day on our park hopper pass (as I'm sure many people have done) and would like to know where I can get to from where. Thanks for any help!

The Monorail Resorts (Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian) all have bus and boat service. The other resorts mostly have bus service with a few also having boat service.

There are no bus routes that connect from one resort to another. You would have to take a bus from one resort to one of the parks or Downtown Disney and switch to one for the resort you wish to visit.

I am not aware of any site that actually shows the full panoply of options and destinatiosn, but here's a summary:

1. The MK monorail stops at Cont, TTC, Poly, GF, and MK. There is a sister monorail that simply goes between MK and TTC. Also, large river boats run between TTC and MK. Smaller boats run MK to GF to Poly. There is I believe also a boat that runs Cont to MK (but I am not certain about that). You can take a bus from GF, Poly, or Cont that goes to AK, Downtown Disney, MGM, and waterparks (DD busses were only after 4 but reports say that is being changed to all day; also there are three different stops at Downtown Disney--Marketplace, Pleasure Island, and Westside).

2. At TTC you have a monorail that runs to Epcot and back. You can also catch busses there that run to Downtown Disney, AK, MGM, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, and to WL and FW. There is also a bus between MGM and Epcot, MGM and AK, and Epcot and AK. There is a bus from MGM that goes to Wide World of Sports (and you need to go to MGM from any resort and catch that bus to get to Wide World of Sports).

3. WL and FW are in the lake next to the one the MK monorail resorts are on and the lakes are connected by a channel. A boat runs the route of Cont to FW to WL. There is also a boat between WL and MK and FW and MK (and often it is the same boat that makes both stops). It is possible to walk from WL to FW (an unlighted path) To get to Downtown Disney, AK, Epcot, MGM, waterparks, you take a bus from those two resorts.

4. At the Epcot Resorts -- BW, YC/BC, and Swan/Dolphin -- there is a boat that runs MGM to S/D to YC/BC to BW to Epcot (and back in reverse order); you can also walk to MGM and Epcot from those resorts and walk from one resort to another. To get to Downtown Disney, AK, MK, or the waterparks, you take a bus from those resorts.

5. Port Orleans and OKW are near the lake where Downtown Disney is. You can take a boat from either of those resorts to Downtown Disney (I believe those are running again, they were stopped for a while after 9/11) or you can take a bus. Disney Institute is the same but is currently closed. To get anywhere else you take a bus.

6. For all other resorts (SOG, AKL, AS, CBR, and Coronado Springs, and soon to be Pop Century) trips anywhere are by bus.

7. Trip to parks and waterparks by bus from any resort that requires taking a bus is directly to the parks gate area--meaning for example the busses go directly to MK and not to the TTC.

8. As noted above it is possible to take the monorail among the MK resorts (Cont, Poly and GF) and possible to take a boat between GF and Poly. It is also possible from GF and Poly to go to MK and take boats to WL and FW (and vice versa), and there is the boat route for Cont, WL, and FW. Also, as noted above, you can walk among the Epcot resorts or take a boat. There is also a bus that runs between Coronado and BW. Other than that to get from one resort to another requires taking one transport to a park or Downtown Disney (and only Downtown Disney after the parks close) and then taking another from there to get to the other resort. That can be the trip from h___ as it can often take over an hour and thus many recommend doing a cab if you want to go between resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter