Disney transfer MCO to port

josefina022

Earning My Ears
New to DCL! If you do the Disney transfer from the airport to the port, do you get to select what time shuttle you want? Thinking of staying at the Hyatt inside the airport the night before and then just taking the transfer over.

You don't pre-book a time. You head down to the shuttle area (close to DME, but off to the side). They will check you in and give you a character. So you generally decide when to head to the shuttle but then there may be a wait depending on how many people are there as it is first come/first served. We did this from the Hyatt a few weeks ago. We didn't rush to get the first shuttle but headed down closer to 10 am. We had to wait for the bus that was already in the process of loading and then another bus before our bus started loading.

Being it's your first time cruising with DCL, I'd definitely do the shuttle out of MCO, and stay there the night before. We did that being we live too far away to fly in the day of embarkation, and it was so handy to let the Hyatt staff know that we were cruising DCL in the morning. They (Hyatt) took care of our luggage, making sure it got to the ship on embarkation day.

If you book the Hyatt with Hyatt.com you won’t automatically get the luggage transfer service from hotel room to the truck going to the port. You have to call DCL no later than 3 days prior to sailing to have them list you as needing luggage transfer service. We had to pay Bell Services $10 for luggage assistance.

Yeah staying at the hotel at the airport the day before the cruise made it less stressful. Just head down the next morning straight to the buses and head over to Port Canaveral. Have fun!

If you don’t want the hotel to take your luggage down, you can just take it yourself. When you check in for DCL transport they will take your luggage and put it right on the truck going to port. I am not very trusting that someone else will get my luggage out of my empty hotel room. I’d rather do it myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!