Disney to Start Charging Cancellation Fees!!!!

nellypooh1

Mouseketeer
So I called Disney this morning since I was having trouble making my reservation online. Disney's website kept bringing up a screen that "they couldn't process my transaction at this time." So, I look this morning and have FIVE of the same reservation! When I called Disney the lady informed me of their new cancellation policy. If not cancelled more than 30 days out, there is a $200 fee, with additional handling fees!!! And they will not send me an email regarding reservation or other cancellations! I'm thinking they're changing the language under their terms and conditions!

So I called Disney this morning since I was having trouble making my reservation online. Disney's website kept bringing up a screen that "they couldn't process my transaction at this time." So, I look this morning and have FIVE of the same reservation! When I called Disney the lady informed me of their new cancellation policy. If not cancelled more than 30 days out, there is a $200 fee, with additional handling fees!!! And they will not send me an email regarding reservation or other cancellations! I'm thinking they're changing the language under their terms and conditions!

Did you book a package or room only? If so there's already a cancellation fee on packages inside the 30 day mark.

This is what the T&C on the website says about cancelling:
  • For cancellations made 2 days to 29 days prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus a cancellation fee of $200.00 per package and minus any cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, non-refundable air transportation, non-refundable runDisney race registrations, travel insurance premiums and other amounts owed, will be refunded. No refunds are given for cancellation of any personalized products or experiences.
Is that new?

This is what it says on my room only reservation confirmation for 4 nights

CANCELLATION POLICY
In order to receive a refund of your deposit, including credit card deposit transactions, notification of cancellation must be received at least 5 days prior to your arrival date. To cancel or modify a reservation, call (407)-W-DISNEY(934-7639) or you can cancel or make changes to many reservations online by visiting DisneyWorld.com/MyTrip and signing in to your Disney account. If your reservation can be canceled or changed online, it will have a Cancel or Modify Reservation link next to it. Just select the link to start the cancellation or change process. If you don’t see the Cancel or Modify Reservation link, please contact us at (407) W‑DISNEY (407‑934‑7639). Additionally, if you are holding any other types of reservations, such as dining, those reservations will not be cancelled unless you cancel them or advise us to cancel them.

This is what it says on my room only reservation confirmation

CANCELLATION POLICY
In order to receive a refund of your deposit, including credit card deposit transactions, notification of cancellation must be received at least 5 days prior to your arrival date. To cancel or modify a reservation, call (407)-W-DISNEY(934-7639) or you can cancel or make changes to many reservations online by visiting DisneyWorld.com/MyTrip and signing in to your Disney account. If your reservation can be canceled or changed online, it will have a Cancel or Modify Reservation link next to it. Just select the link to start the cancellation or change process. If you don’t see the Cancel or Modify Reservation link, please contact us at (407) W‑DISNEY (407‑934‑7639). Additionally, if you are holding any other types of reservations, such as dining, those reservations will not be cancelled unless you cancel them or advise us to cancel them.
When did you book your room? I specifically asked for a confirmation email and she said they would not send one.

• For cancellations made 2 days to 29 days prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus a cancellation fee of $200.00 per package and minus any cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, non-refundable air transportation, non-refundable runDisney race registrations, travel insurance premiums and other amounts owed, will be refunded. No refunds are given for cancellation of any personalized products or experiences.
Is that new?
We have been going to Disney regularly and staying on property without any cancellation fees for about 18 years now.

Hasn't this been the policy for packages for a while now?
Pay in full by 30 days prior and if you cancel between 29 days out and 7 days out you lose your $200 deposit and beyond that you lose the entire amount?
Maybe they are just now having this policy cover room only reservations as well?
Potential emergencies is what travel insurance is for.
Personally I opt out of it because I've never run into a situation that I'd have to cancel.
For a European trip or a cruise I would not hesitate on travel insurance and in fact did end up using it once.

Is that new?

This is what I was referring to earlier. This is the package cancellation policy.

Yes, so I wonder if this is coming along with the new parking fees.

I'm not sure about that... If I go to book a room at All Star Sports, for example, later this year (2 nights in May), the cancellation terms are as follows, accessible from the View the Terms and Conditions of Your Order link on the reservation page:

eRu1DID.png

It's the same as I've always known it to be, within 5 days. Of course this is online and not over the phone.

If you get wrong info probably CM, I end the call and call back to get a different CM. I also believe she’s quoting package. But, since your multiple booking were due to glitch web site they should waive any associated fees. You may have to ask to speak with a manager.

Is that new?
No, that is the long standing PACKAGE cancellation policy

When did you book your room? I specifically asked for a confirmation email and she said they would not send one.
You never get a confirmation email for your bookings? It's not a cancellation email but the cancellation policies are included with the confirmation email. Nothing has changed and there is always a fee involved if you cancel within 5 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter