Disney themed home office

DISFANSHAN

DIS Veteran
I hope I am posting this in the correct place......there doesn't seem to be much traffice here on the home interior board!!!!
Anyway, we want to redecorate our home office and thought what better theme to use than Disney!!! However, we are not sure exactly how to go about it. We have a few ideas (one is to make one entire wall a Mickey head, or maybe Mickey ears, then we would hang pictures from our trips on the walls. We would also hang shelves to display the figurines, plates, and other souveniers from our trips). We want it to be more on the grown-up side, not child-like.
Any ideas??!!!????

No, there never seems to be much traffic here...

We started finishing our basement and added a bathroom and office down there. We went with the Haunted Mansion theme for our office. I have posted pictures on here. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1576493&page=2 It still isn't done...

I think the Mickey head wall would be really cool. Another idea I have seen on here is to put Mickey ears from the parks in shadow boxes with other memorabilia and pictures. This keeps the dust off the ears which can be hard to clean and they are hard to display otherwise. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1504978 There is a picture at the bottom.

Good luck with the office and let us know how it turns out.

Just finished looking at the pics of your Disney rooms - they are awesome!! See how you "themed" your office, that's what I want to do with my office but I can't decide on a "theme". DH's cousin would be doing alot of the designing of the room, and any drawing/painting on the walls. He asked me what my favorite part of Disney World is. My answer, Cinderella Castle. But I, like you, have a DH and 2 DS's who wouldn't appreciate a big princess castle on the walls as much as I would!!! So I am kinda stuck in a creative rut right now. DH asks me at least once a day, "So what are we going to do with the office?" and I just can't come up with anything I "love" that the three of them would agree on. I do kinda like the idea of Mickey's ears, but it's a small room, and to take up an entire wall with a solid black drawing isn't too appealing to me. I don't know!!!! I am ready to rip my hair out!!!!!!

Maybe just go with a Magic Kingdom theme. Then you could work in the castle and some of their favorite things from MK also. Or do you have a favorite Disney movie or resort that you could use for a theme? Or do you have ant special Disney activities that you all enjoy like pin trading? You could add in some creative pin displays. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1633415

Maybe ask them what their favorite part is.

Oh my goodness Mickeywanabe! You are sooo creative!!! I'm hooked! Just reading the thread and wondering what you would do with DS8 disney baseball hats! :) Now I'm going to have to go to Hobby Lobby and get one of those shadowbox frames for his Mickey Ears, but I totally love the photos you added:cool1: Thank you for sharing such great ideas!!!

Were working on a Disney theme for our twins playroom. And turing our computer room into POTC themed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter