DISNEY TESTING GUEST RELATIONS AT TTC THRU JUNE 2, 2018

I am saying that legally they would be required to stop an attraction (aside from those designed where they can't stop them), as it is a reasonable accommodation and ADA does specifically state that if a reasonable accommodation is requested and there is no other accommodation that could be provided to meet the guests needs, then they must comply with the request. Now for some guests slowing the attraction down may be sufficient, for others, such as those with service animals it would be dangerous to not stop the attraction and it would be reasonable to request that say Haunted Mansion be stopped to allow the guests to load. Yes, the cast members may not like it, but legally in some situations such as this they would be required to comply.

As SueM states, yes it is a reasonable request. However, if the business believes it could be dangerous to other customers, or detrimental to operation of the business, they are allowed to refuse providing the requested accommodation. So no, they are not necessarily legally required to stop the moving walkway at an attraction to allow access for someone with a disability. There have been reports of such refusals at WDW, particularly at very busy times in the park.

Enjoy your vacation!

Yes, I actually agree but the FP kiosks are manned by GR so they could easily be handled there as well and probably should be.

Not always - they are supposed to have GR there, but they don't always do. I guess they could train more CMs though.

I am saying that legally they would be required to stop an attraction (aside from those designed where they can't stop them), as it is a reasonable accommodation and ADA does specifically state that if a reasonable accommodation is requested and there is no other accommodation that could be provided to meet the guests needs, then they must comply with the request. Now for some guests slowing the attraction down may be sufficient, for others, such as those with service animals it would be dangerous to not stop the attraction and it would be reasonable to request that say Haunted Mansion be stopped to allow the guests to load. Yes, the cast members may not like it, but legally in some situations such as this they would be required to comply.

As SueM states, yes it is a reasonable request. However, if the business believes it could be dangerous to other customers, or detrimental to operation of the business, they are allowed to refuse providing the requested accommodation. So no, they are not necessarily legally required to stop the moving walkway at an attraction to allow access for someone with a disability. There have been reports of such refusals at WDW, particularly at very busy times in the park.

Enjoy your vacation!

I think having the attraction stop more than 2 times during a ride cycle affects the purpose of the attraction. We've been on SSE and HM and had them stopped at least 4 times. Now, it could have been a ride malfunction, etc, but there's a point where the attraction isn't entertaining (the point of being there) and thus there should be a limit on how many times it an be stopped for guest access during one ride cycle. I think having a guest wait until the next ride cycle would be a good compromise, but then that could cause a backup of people waiting. Maybe load two parties that need it stopped at a time? I do think WDW is trying to make more accessible attractions now that we have a more mobile aging population. Hopefully more TSMM loops for stress free loading, etc are in the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter