Disney: Swithoff and 15monthold Twins

richost

Earning My Ears
We will be going to WDW in late august. Our Family consists of Mom,Dad,6 yr old, and 2 15month old twins (as of August)

How should we handle switching off at the rides that my 6 year old wants to ride w/ Mom & Dad.

Our main concern is we won't be able to bring our stroller online...thus one parent will be left with two toddlers.

Also, is there a list of which rides work best with switching off and which don't

thanks

rich

I think your best bet is to just take turns taking your 6 y.o. on the rides and the other parent take the babies to do something else (other rides, diaper change, shop, have a snack, go get fastpasses for another ride, etc). Then other parent (the one who took care of the babies) can get in line with the 6 y.o. or go back to the ride some other time if the line is too long at the moment. This way the only one who has to do extra time in line is the 6 y.o., but, hey, they're getting a second ride right?

IMO the childswap system is useless except in 2 cases: the baby you are swapping is so young they don't care where the are or you fully intend to bring a child on the ride and just before it's time to get on, they chicken out .

actually, we used the babyswap a lot, and my dd was fine with it- she was 3 at the time. We did try and limit making her wait in long lines as it's not much fun for her to wait in a v. long queue and then not do anything at the end of it. But by using Fastpass and riding early in the morning, or during parades etc, we were able to do a lot of rides with the baby swap.

However - you can't take your stroller, so it will be difficult with 2 babys. You could ask the first CM that you see if they can help you, sometimes instead of waiting inline they give you a FastPass for the parent holding the baby. Other times they send one parent directly to the end of the ride, which may be more stroller friendly - so it's always worth asking.

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter