• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Store park hopper tickets?

luckcooky

Earning My Ears
This will be my first trip to DLR using park hopper tickets purchased from the Disney Store.

A few questions:
(1) I was surprised to see printed on the back of the tickets ""Please retain the original receipt as proof of activation." Does this mean they will ask to see the receipt everytime I use the tickets to go into the park???

(2) I plan on using the Disney Store park hoppers to upgrade to annual pass. Will they ask to see the receipt as well at the AP center?

(3) Silly question: Do the Disney Store tickets work for Fastpass? I mean it's a plastic card, not the typical paper ticket.

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. Sorry if this is a repost. I tried searching the forum but kept on getting error messages.

luckcooky said:
A few questions:
(1) I was surprised to see printed on the back of the tickets ""Please retain the original receipt as proof of activation." Does this mean they will ask to see the receipt everytime I use the tickets to go into the park???

(2) I plan on using the Disney Store park hoppers to upgrade to annual pass. Will they ask to see the receipt as well at the AP center?

(3) Silly question: Do the Disney Store tickets work for Fastpass? I mean it's a plastic card, not the typical paper ticket.

1. I think they only want you to save the receipt in case they didn't activate it properly at the Disney Store. I have never had a problem with them -- no one will ever ask for the receipt -- unless they didn't activate it.

2. I have upgraded as well and you do not need the receipt. If you are not getting the annual pass that is good 365 days a year, make sure you upgrade on your last day -- that way you don't have to worry about black-out days.

3. They work great for fastpasses -- and they are nice because they don't get bent or smushed.

Have a great trip!

Thanks, kristenhh!! Phew...you took a load off my mind! I had this horrible image of me fumbling with 5 Disney Store hopper cards at the turnstile and having to pull out the receipt out of my wallet every time I go in and out of the park. I pictured this sea of people building up behind me at the gate and ready to crash into me like a tsunami :crazy:

I'm also glad to hear AP center doesn't ask for receipts. I REALLY didn't want to dig through the mountain of receipts unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks again!

What kind of tickets does the Disney Store sell? ie Number of days, etc.

I'm wondering if I can get one day park hopper passes there.

And...if anyone knows...can you get the So Cal discount on tickets when you get them at Disney Stores in So Cal?

thanks

MadeToLove said:
What kind of tickets does the Disney Store sell? ie Number of days, etc.

I'm wondering if I can get one day park hopper passes there.

And...if anyone knows...can you get the So Cal discount on tickets when you get them at Disney Stores in So Cal?

thanks

Last time I was there you could just do 3 day park hopper tickets. I have never seen it less than 3 there. They do not sell the Southern California discount tickets there. The best deal for those is at Costco. OR you can buy them at any of the gates- don't pay for shipping from citypass.com though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter