Disney Stock Market on DIS Boards?

Pluto 32

Mouseketeer
With so much going on in the Walt Disney Company from Star Wars Galaxies Edge to the purchase of Fox, Marvel etc. what are peoples thoughts of having a board specifically for Disney shareholders?

I don’t own that many shares in Disney but I would like to grow my account and I could definitely use the insight into the stock market with a product that I know and I am passionate about like so many of you are.

~ Marty

Last edited:
I'm new here but am inundated with the current amount of boards. What kind of posts would this board contain?

I’m thinking topics such as how many shares to buy, when to buy, maybe talk about things that are happening with in the company so people can speculate future stocks. I think it would be a good environment for people who are not familiar with the stock market but want to be invested and just need to learn more about it. I mean with Disney vacation club and everything else that Disney takes away our money but here is something where we can actually make some money in the future and still help what we all love to grow.

Don't see it of much value here. There are probably many other forums already online where you can discuss the stock market. People looking for stock market advice probably wouldn't be searching out a disney forum for that purpose.

Listening to other's opinion on such things wouldn't be of much value to me. Everyone has an opinion on investing and you have no idea if they actually know what they are talking about since so many people online try to sound like experts regardless of the subject.

I found this thread searching for Disney stock info, so I might be the exception but I would be interested in a thread!

I don't have any real shares but have kind of wanted some ever since I "had" them in a school project. I think it would be a fun board.

I know this is a bit late, but I'll post this any way.

Disclaimer, I work in financial accounting(not investment management, I don't advise/manage money, other than my own). My knowledge of the markets is better than average. I don't have inside information and don't want it.

You can find information on Disney's stock here:

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/investor-relations/
and any financial website.

To buy Disney stock, you need to buy through a broker or directly from Disney's transfer agent here:

https://shareholder.broadridge.com/disneyinvestor/
There are fees and costs associated with trading securities, and potential tax consequences. learn what they are before you decide to do anything.

Years ago I purchased shares in our joint account based on their fundamentals and I liked where they were going. (plus in general, I liked the company, their products and their people) Two+ years ago I bought shares in my Kids' custodial accounts for several reasons. 1. We were going to WDW in 2018(we can't wait for 2021 for when we are going back) and I wanted to get them interested in how public companies work. 2. By buying securities of companies they know and "interact" with, I'm hoping the get them interested in responsible personal finance. (Other examples of stock I bought for them is Hershey, Coca-Cola and Kraft Heinz) These are not their only investments. Their accounts are as diversified as I can manage given their age and future needs and size. All 4 of these investments has given some lessons on how the markets work. Some good, some not so good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter