Disney still can’t supply upgraded magic bands

I've got the Haunted Mansion and Stitch one for Xmas.
You’ll be lucky if you get them at all. I ordered DH the Vader band day 1 of premium release. Paid. Instructed to pick up at resort.

2 weeks before the trip got an email. Oops they sent them all out to domestic customers. Call an international number for shop disney. Had to choose one sight unseen.

Delivered to VGF convention centre. Charged $6 USD delivery fee. Never again. Oh & he hates the band. Didn’t even bother linking it.

We have a trip coming up in February, our first since the upgraded bands were introduced. I decided to check it out today just to see what was available. There are only 4 options for upgraded bands. Is that normal?

**I just looked again and now there are 6. Two more were added.

This is my current experience; not what I experienced back in June

You know, I’ve looked and been unsuccessful so many times now, I’m finding that I don’t even want the bands anymore. Maybe that’s because I don’t “need” them in the first place. So I guess I should be thanking Disney for ultimately saving me money!!

You know, I’ve looked and been unsuccessful so many times now, I’m finding that I don’t even want the bands anymore. Maybe that’s because I don’t “need” them in the first place. So I guess I should be thanking Disney for ultimately saving me money!!
We also tend to pick up a bunch of magic bands in the park for special occassions (F&W, Halloween, etc) so it's probably a good thing to limit extra purchases. I'm probably only going to use the bands from reservations for puck replacement when the batteries die on our special ones.

On day 3 of our trip I got the email saying the bands weren't going to be at the front desk after all. We had been using some of our old bands and just hadn't gotten around to going down to the front desk yet. Glad we brought the old ones with us!!

After months and months of checking daily, I was able to get all of the bands we wanted today. Two Galaxy Edge LR bands for hubby and son, white castle band for daughter and the teal colored LR castle band for me. WooHoo Had only 7 days left to choose and we leave in 37 days.

Just got the grey SWGE and the green Holiday bands for our December trip. Didn't NEED them, but I WANTED them, LOL.

Truthfully, I wanted the Holiday band. DH doesn't know about his, but it didn't seem quite right to get a plain one for him (even though he keeps his in his pocket).

I was able to get what we wanted but did have to check back several times and finally got them one night very late.

Still waiting for Captain America for DD. Have tried at least 10 times and no luck.
DH wanted Donald. I only saw that one once.
I love the holiday one, but we aren't going for the holidays, so I will wait and see how it is going next year when we are going.

We’re trying for the holiday band. Got it in the cart twice, then came up sold out.

We’re trying for the holiday band. Got it in the cart twice, then came up sold out.
Keep trying. I think you will get it. My Holiday Band just shipped, so they do have them and get them in every so often. First time I've ever wanted a MB that wasn't free. :)

Keep trying. I think you will get it. My Holiday Band just shipped, so they do have them and get them in every so often. First time I've ever wanted a MB that wasn't free. :)

My friend and I were talking last night about it, we’re going the first week of December. It’s such a racket, they always come up with something new you want! Kind of like the Dooney purses (but far less expensive!).

I felt so lucky today, almost. First thing this morning, after weeks of trying, my second choice came up. There were like 32 choices too, but, of course when I went to check out it was no longer available. Surprise, surprise. So I go back and try this afternoon, still tons of choices, and my first choice was up. But guess what? I go to check out, and nope, not available. I try a few times a day too.

Update: Tried again today, both favorite choices available until I got to check out, then they were sold out.

Last edited:
I got (mostly) what we wanted today. I got the Pirates band and my wife and daughters all got the Minnie ears. I have another res so hopefully we can get my SIL the Haunted Mansion and my mom the small world.
The small world was listed but when I selected it it came up as out of stock.
We have two more weeks!

I just got my magic band stickers in the mail. OH MY... super cute. No hassle, and unique.
I got myself the one that looks like the MK park map. I love it.
Sorry Disney, I took my money somewhere else. You need to get back in the game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!