Disney still can’t supply upgraded magic bands

This looks like a great marketing idea but their execution is just a failure. They are missing out on $$$$$$$. I know we are not alone in giving up. We decide to purchase the puck holder for your watch band from another vender with our 10 bucks. Done with it!

I don't think it's marketing - it's just a way of dumping excess stock in lieu of having it sit on the shelf at the outlet store. Thus, I doubt they care much if people aren't able to order them sometimes. I mean, wouldn't it be easier to simply have a button where people could decline the free band in favor of a promo code for the disney store if they really wanted to sell them? That seems like an easier solution, IF it were really important.

The prime giveaway is that the same bands you can't order through MDE are often available on the disney store at full price. Thus, they're just offloading excess stock. Nothing wrong with that, IMHO, but they should at least make it work. Then again, we use the DVC site, so we're more used to web site issues than others ;)

EDIT: Upon 30 seconds of further thought, they probably do have to sell them through MDE so they can link them. With a promo code, we could just order them for $10 and sell them on ebay or give them to someone else. Now they could, theoretically, implement a way to link them and fulfill them through the disney store web site, but they probably don't want to break that site too. :laughing: :rolleyes:

they really need to fix the process. guests should not be allowed to get a MB for July 2020 in August 2019. There should be code in the development to regulate that. for example, you can get a premium band 30 - 45 days before arrival.

I don't think it's marketing - it's just a way of dumping excess stock in lieu of having it sit on the shelf at the outlet store. Thus, I doubt they care much if people aren't able to order them sometimes. I mean, wouldn't it be easier to simply have a button where people could decline the free band in favor of a promo code for the disney store if they really wanted to sell them? That seems like an easier solution, IF it were really important.

The prime giveaway is that the same bands you can't order through MDE are often available on the disney store at full price. Thus, they're just offloading excess stock. Nothing wrong with that, IMHO, but they should at least make it work. Then again, we use the DVC site, so we're more used to web site issues than others ;)

EDIT: Upon 30 seconds of further thought, they probably do have to sell them through MDE so they can link them. With a promo code, we could just order them for $10 and sell them on ebay or give them to someone else. Now they could, theoretically, implement a way to link them and fulfill them through the disney store web site, but they probably don't want to break that site too. :laughing: :rolleyes:

it is not about unloading stock. they are ordering new bands every week and adding them to the inventory. why would they add halloween in august when they were not even available on shop disney yet?

they really need to fix the process. guests should not be allowed to get a MB for July 2020 in August 2019. There should be code in the development to regulate that. for example, you can get a premium band 30 - 45 days before arrival.
That’s the way it should go, but currently you have to grab them when you see them, because they are always out of stock. Total FAILURE and we are months into this. Stock issue should take less than 30 days to fix. They still don’t want our money.

Had the minnie bow in my cart and it took it and then at payment it was gone again :(

I did get the white castle one.....not my favorite, but at least something

I finally got 2 Dole Whip's for my DD's and a "Most magical place" for my DW. I got a basic blue. This was after months of stalking. It was frustrating the entire time. It is not like there is a shortage of bands for sale in the parks. After this long it is hard to believe they haven't made more inventory available for the upgraded bands.

I had so much trouble with them before our mid-July trip, that I contacted Disney and after some conversations with them, they allowed me to order them through Shop Disney. They weren't personalized, etc., but we were able to get them that way. Not sure if they are still doing it. Frankly I am not surprised, but quite disappointed, to hear that still haven't fixed this debacle.

I ordered Thumper on Sept 2. Today I received a plain, gray band. They just can't get this right.

I called yet again yesterday.... only to be told that the error message means the bands that I wanted are out of stock (that's the story they are told to say). Sorry nothing we can do about it. I pointed out that the solid bands never have a problem at all... even at roll out. Why do these ones? I'm willing to give Disney my money and they don't want to take it. It doesn't seem like it should be all that difficult. Most people are booking these bands far out from their vacations... why can't they just make to order so to speak, as people order them? Anyways, I talked with/at this cast member for almost a 1/2 an hour explaining that it seemed to be something wrong with my browser or the website or the system or ME, but sometimes it says right away to pick another band the one chosen is out of stock, but most times it lets me get all the way to purchase and then gives me an ERROR. It doesn't matter which band, I try them all, even ones I don't actually want. It doesn't seem right that I can try multiple times a day for MONTHS, every band offered is out of stock ALWAYS. It just doesn't statistically add up.
This is not very Disney of Disney. I mean it's only a Magic Band, but if this was my first trip to Disney and I was experiencing this, I would be wondering what kind of service and organization I was giving all my money to.
What number did you call for assistance? My CC was charged for a premium magic band that I ordered but I got a free gray one instead.

Had the minnie bow in my cart and it took it and then at payment it was gone again :(

I did get the white castle one.....not my favorite, but at least something

I chose it because it was the best I could get at the time. It’s much prettier in person and it won’t stick out like a sore thumb in my pictures. Goes with all my outfits. So there is an upside to that one.

So in reading, I’ve been wasting time waiting on the Galaxy Edge one to come back. Knowing that I might choose a special one, and they send me a solid one, I would be pissed. Mainly because the time I have wasted on this (my fault) but I would expect to get what I ordered. Grr Disney! 😬

I just got my upgraded bands for our Christmas trip. One was the Cinderella's Castle and the other was the Figment F&W band. I finally found something decent about a week ago and ordered them. Delivery was quick.
My previous trip I got a Sorcerer Mickey and again, it was delivered about a week after I ordered it.

We have a trip coming up in February, our first since the upgraded bands were introduced. I decided to check it out today just to see what was available. There are only 4 options for upgraded bands. Is that normal?

**I just looked again and now there are 6. Two more were added.

We have a trip coming up in February, our first since the upgraded bands were introduced. I decided to check it out today just to see what was available. There are only 4 options for upgraded bands. Is that normal?

**I just looked again and now there are 6. Two more were added.
It fluctuates and they change inventory almost hourly at 48 minutes past the hour. Sometime more. Sometimes less. Be sure to refresh the page. Welcome to your new obsession. Lol.

It's really not a technical endeavor to have a site that can dynamically update the front end website based on the availability of an item in an inventory database. Pretty basic, in fact.

That's my chief complaint here. Don't waste people's time by letting them get 3/4 of the way through the ordering process for something that isn't there. Over and over again.

It's clear Disney short changes their IT budget big time. They're either understaffed or outsource to less qualified places for pennies on the dollar. You reap what you sow.

I gave up trying to order after the third attempt. I ordered skins off Etsy and my kids are perfectly happy.

Outsourced - I know the vendor. Several states sued them for failed IT systems

We have months to go for the next trip but I am astounded by the choices - there are only 4 -5 beyond the regular colors and half of them are the $15 not the $10. We were able to get Darth Vader and the white (I already forgot castle?) one for our trip a few weeks ago with just a little stalking. At least there were many to choose from. No there are 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!