Disney Springs QS on a busy night

WanderlustNZ

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

I will be visiting DS the Friday night before Xmas and are fully expecting the area to be very busy.

I have an ADR for Morimoto (later than I’d ideally like), but I think I’d rather not have a time we need to stick to and instead just sit down for a quick meal if and when we feel like it.
We will have been eating around the World at Epcot for lunch, so may not feel like anything. But if we do, the Polite Pig looks like it might be a good option.

My question is: What are QS crowds like on a busy night at Disney Springs? If there’s a high chance that we might have to queue for ages at a door and then struggle for a seat once we get inside, then I might keep the ADR. Likewise, if tables are generally quite easy to come by, I will cancel the ADR.

Thanks in advance.

I cannot answer specifically for DS on the Friday before Christmas, however I have been in Disney that night on prior years and it is crazy at dinner time. I book ADR's if I am at all concerned about queuing for dinner.

WE will be in WDW that week and I am fully booked.

Our last trip was not at a particularly busy time (December 8-13, well before Christmas), but we wanted to eat at Wolfgang Puck Express for dinner during the "typical" dinner hours on a weekend night, and the line was out the door. My DH wanted to turn around and just get something from a random kiosk, but I wanted WPE, so we stayed. The line moved pretty quickly (we maybe waited about 10 minutes, which gave us plenty of time to decide on entrees), and we didn't have a hard time finding a table after ordering. I don't know if Polite Pig will be the same (I didn't want to eat there due to poor reviews - have you checked them lately? Maybe they've gotten better), but I wanted to share my experience in case it helps!

The crowds will be pretty intense. A regular Friday night is busy enough. I’d stick to an ADR and just order appetizers if not that hungry. You could try checking on OpenTable as most spots accept reservations through that service as well and it sometimes shows times not available on the Disney app - although OT doesn’t open booking 180 days out - it may not have Dec loaded just yet. Another OT benefit is it doesn’t have the credit card guarantee and 24-hr cancellation policy. Have fun! I bet it will be very festive!

The crowds will be pretty intense. A regular Friday night is busy enough. I’d stick to an ADR and just order appetizers if not that hungry. You could try checking on OpenTable as most spots accept reservations through that service as well and it sometimes shows times not available on the Disney app - although OT doesn’t open booking 180 days out - it may not have Dec loaded just yet. Another OT benefit is it doesn’t have the credit card guarantee and 24-hr cancellation policy. Have fun! I bet it will be very festive!

This is an excellent suggestion. Thank you. I just checked and dates are only available until September, but you are right, lots of 7/7:30 times available in the dates I can see. I will stalk open table in a few months and try and get a better time.

I cannot answer specifically for DS on the Friday before Christmas, however I have been in Disney that night on prior years and it is crazy at dinner time. I book ADR's if I am at all concerned about queuing for dinner.

WE will be in WDW that week and I am fully booked.

We are just there from Wednesday to Saturday, so unfortunately we only have 3 Disney days this trip.
I love ADRs and have 4 booked (inc. Morimoto), but are just a bit concerned about them taking some of our flexibility and limited time away.

Our last trip was not at a particularly busy time (December 8-13, well before Christmas), but we wanted to eat at Wolfgang Puck Express for dinner during the "typical" dinner hours on a weekend night, and the line was out the door. My DH wanted to turn around and just get something from a random kiosk, but I wanted WPE, so we stayed. The line moved pretty quickly (we maybe waited about 10 minutes, which gave us plenty of time to decide on entrees), and we didn't have a hard time finding a table after ordering. I don't know if Polite Pig will be the same (I didn't want to eat there due to poor reviews - have you checked them lately? Maybe they've gotten better), but I wanted to share my experience in case it helps!

Lines out the door is what I was worried about. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I have seen mixed reviews of Polite Pig, but to the most part the food still appeals. In saying that, we would have had BBQ for dinner the night before at Trails End, so there is a good chance we won’t feel like it that night. I really struggle trying to decide what and when I think I’m going to eat this far in advance.

We are just there from Wednesday to Saturday, so unfortunately we only have 3 Disney days this trip.
I love ADRs and have 4 booked (inc. Morimoto), but are just a bit concerned about them taking some of our flexibility and limited time away.

I understand. I would research where you can use mobile ordering. I have not used it however I have read it is a wonderful option.

I’d stick to an ADR and just order appetizers if not that hungry.

I think this is the way we may have to go. Would be more than happy with just a small plate of sushi or a couple of Bao buns.

On a completely unrelated note, I see that Morimotos sushi is all described as coming with a spicy mayo. Does anyone know what they mean by spice - chilli or wasabi?
I only ask because I avoid Wasabi like the plague.

I understand. I would research where you can use mobile ordering. I have not used it however I have read it is a wonderful option.

This is another great idea. I know it’s an option for Satuli Canteen in AK so plan on using it there, but I have no idea where else you can use it. Some research is needed. :goodvibes

We were at DS on a Wednesday night in February and QS lines were nuts. Blaze, D-Luxe and Morimoto Asia Street Food all had lines out the door and wrapping around the building. We tried to hop on MDE and Book a table but there was nothing until later. Getting chicken fingers at D-Luxe for my son took about 35 minutes; Morimoto for us took about 40 minutes. I have to imagine a weekend night near Christmas would be even worse so I would just work on getting your ADR time moved up. You’ll be glad to have it once you see crowds.

We were at DS on a Wednesday night in February and QS lines were nuts. Blaze, D-Luxe and Morimoto Asia Street Food all had lines out the door and wrapping around the building. We tried to hop on MDE and Book a table but there was nothing until later. Getting chicken fingers at D-Luxe for my son took about 35 minutes; Morimoto for us took about 40 minutes. I have to imagine a weekend night near Christmas would be even worse so I would just work on getting your ADR time moved up. You’ll be glad to have it once you see crowds.

Thank you - that is all I needed to hear.

I will keep my reservation and look out for a better time. :thumbsup2

We had luck the first week of January (still Xmas break for many last year) by going around 5:00. We waited maybe 10-15 minutes at Blaze and had no problem finding a seat. By the time we finished our salad, our pizza arrived. At the Polite Pig we just beat the crowd and walked right in with no line at 5:00.

If it helps we ate at Morimotos in April, it was excellent!

Thanks, good to know.
The flavours of Asia, particularly Sth East Asia, are my family’s favourite and I do like that Morimoto has a range of prices on their menu so when can get something cheaper and/or smaller should we choose.

We had luck the first week of January (still Xmas break for many last year) by going around 5:00. We waited maybe 10-15 minutes at Blaze and had no problem finding a seat. By the time we finished our salad, our pizza arrived. At the Polite Pig we just beat the crowd and walked right in with no line at 5:00.

Thank you. I would definitely get to DS earlier if we could, but our time is so limited that I guessing 5 will be closer to the time that we leave EPCOT. Plus, given our lunch plans, we might not be too hungry at 5.

I actually had original plans to go to DS at 10am, stay for lunch, then head over to EPCOT about 1ish and stay until closing, snacking around the world for dinner.
But then I read that all the Christmas storytellers perform during daylight hours and the main reason we want to go to EPCOT this trip is to enjoy the Xmas atmosphere. (I’m not too worried if we don’t do too many rides).

The main reason I want to go to DS is so my DH and DS can do Void. (They are massive Star Wars fans, but we won’t be getting to HS this visit). I’m also keen to check out the Xmas tree walk and get to the Xmas shop in DS which I loved last time.

Anyway, do people think I’m doing DS and EPCOT the right way around, as I could always revert back to my original plan?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter