Disney Springs opening

Im not getting excited. The Florida governor opened the state up May 4th for retail shops and restaurants at 50% capacity. Disney isn't opening, only third party vendors and restaurants will open May 20th at Disney Springs. It might just be me, but it sounds more like Disney "wasn't allowed" to not allow third party vendors to open.

:confused3 Gotta start somewhere. But if the parks are still closed, who's going to be walking around DS?

IF by design Social Distancing Compliant FW opened and S.D. was required on the bus to DS, DW and I would keep our June and July reservations providing I recovered enough from the cracked scapula, 2 cracked ribs and punctured lung due to being hit by a wild hog last week while riding my bicycle and I could drive the motor home. DW and I are soon to be 70yo and with her low WC and my cancer we would be wearing a mask when out of the RV and would enjoy walking around a some what empty DS.

IF by design Social Distancing Compliant FW opened and S.D. was required on the bus to DS, DW and I would keep our June and July reservations providing I recovered enough from the cracked scapula, 2 cracked ribs and punctured lung due to being hit by a wild hog last week while riding my bicycle and I could drive the motor home. DW and I are soon to be 70yo and with her low WC and my cancer we would be wearing a mask when out of the RV and would enjoy walking around a some what empty DS.
See ya there! :car:8-)

June is our 47th Anniversary and July my first ever trip to WDW for a birthday visit and 70th to boot. ALWAYS there in Sept. for DW's birthday.

Congrats on the 47 years, DW and I will be celebrating 47 this September, hopefully be at the fort in Oct.

A little test, start and we will see how it goes. I agree, mostly locals but interesting to keep an eye on it regardless. I would not want them to open all at once.

My only concern is, except for giving the hospitals a breather/space, the virus is still here :guilty: Hoping with restrictions, distancing, limitations it all works out.

Wait...
Hit by a hog while you rode your bike?

Forget murder hornets, I think we got a bigger problem brewing here.

DS opening is a start, but only for shoppers. I hate shopping.

A pig hit a bike...
giphy-1.gif

:confused3 Gotta start somewhere. But if the parks are still closed, who's going to be walking around DS?

Does this ring a bell? "If you build it, they will come..."

If instead you asked, "But if the RESORTS are still closed, who's going to be walking around DS?", I would have to agree with you.

As mentioned above, it is a very small start, and one of a few positives. Hope the small opening is successful, and perhaps can lead to more of DS opening (maybe some of the Disney-owned places). Then maybe they'll be ready for some resort openings, and hopefully some controlled openings of the parks this summer. Baby steps to get things headed the right direction - but with a finger on the pulse of how contained the virus is (or isn't).

A boar ran into your Bike? Did it's tox screen say it was okay for BACON? Asking for a friend.

Come the 20th what I see from reports I have read is that TENANTS of Disney Springs are being ALLOWED to open, in keeping with Florida's Phase 1. I have seen nothing about DISNEY OWNED PROPERTIES. My gut tells me that Disney won't open THEIR Properties till the risk level is lowered and their liability level is diminished.

nDH and I were talking about how (relatively) easy it would be to be SD compliant in a fully self-contained RV. No need to use public restrooms/showers and easy enough to stay in your own site 6 ft away from your neighbor.

We're hoping that the Natl/State/County Parks and other campgrounds think about that in their reopening plans and that maybe they might be allowed to reopen to RVers a bit sooner than the 'regular' reopening to all campers.

On the other subject....isn't DS supposed to reopen with reduced 'capacity'? I've only been twice but if IIRC it's not 'enclosed' in any way so how are they going to limit visitors? I guess they could limit onsite vehicle parking, but that won't stop people arriving by other means.

nDH and I were talking about how (relatively) easy it would be to be SD compliant in a fully self-contained RV. No need to use public restrooms/showers and easy enough to stay in your own site 6 ft away from your neighbor.

We're hoping that the Natl/State/County Parks and other campgrounds think about that in their reopening plans and that maybe they might be allowed to reopen to RVers a bit sooner than the 'regular' reopening to all campers.

On the other subject....isn't DS supposed to reopen with reduced 'capacity'? I've only been twice but if IIRC it's not 'enclosed' in any way so how are they going to limit visitors? I guess they could limit onsite vehicle parking, but that won't stop people arriving by other means.

Well at this time the only way to arrive at DS would be by your own vehicle or maybe city buses if they stop there. Not sure. But since Disney itself is still shut down there are no buses from resorts taking people there.
How does one eat with a mask on ?? And is anyone using the WHO guidelines for putting a mask on and off ? Saw a fella at the Dr yesterday using a hunting face cover that he slid around his neck, then pulled up over his mouth. In doing so may have the outside now inside where he is breathing.....

Funny how 6 weeks ago when shutdown first started and Social Distancing became the appropriate norm the issue of wearing masks first came up. CDC at that time was NOT recommending using them as they wanted the more effective masks ie surgical and N95 varieties for MEDICAL person. They did provide instructions on how to make a mask out of a bandanna with the proviso that a mask made from 1 or 2 layers of cotton cloth will only be 1 percent effective. Now I am no mathematician but if something is only 1% effective that must mean it is also 99 percent ineffective. You can make it up 79% by adding new and unwashed FLANNEL but it needs to be a very good seamless layering between the materialsFB_IMG_15877317119001.jpg

Last edited:
Funny how 6 weeks ago when shutdown first started and Social Distancing became the appropriate norm the issue of wearing masks first came up. CDC at that time was NOT recommending using them as they wanted the more effective masks ie surgical and N95 varieties for MEDICAL person. They did provide instructions on how to make a mask out of a bandanna with the proviso that a mask made from 1 or 2 layers of cotton cloth will only be 1 percent effective. Now I am no mathematician but if something is only 1% effective that must mean it is also 99 percent ineffective. You can make it up 79% by adding new and unwashed FLANNEL but it needs to be a very good seamless layering between the materialsView attachment 493809

WHO still recommends you only need a mask when tending to covid patients.

Cloth masks ineffective to keep you from catching it. They do however decrease the chances of an infective person spreading virus by about 75%.

WHO still recommends you only need a mask when tending to covid patients.
CDC on Homemade Cloth Face Coverings
CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.

We primarily follow CDC recommendations here.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!