Disney Springs Hotels

bunsbuns

Earning My Ears
I'm staying in Holiday Inn on Hotel Plaza Blvd (one of the non-DIsney hotels on Disney property). Does anyone have any tips or tricks for staying in these hotels? I've already gathered that I'll lose some perks, e.g. Magical Express, registering for fast pass 60 days out, etc.

However, practically, can we still get in on any of the perks since we're staying at Disney? E.g. what about the magical hours? Can we still get into any parks early? If so, can we get on rides or no?

TIA!

(P.S. I've already read that we will be able to get into parks even at level 3 closure, so hopefully that's correct because I'll be there NYE)

Last edited:
Only one or two of the Disney Springs hotels gets Extra Magical Hours. So it depends which hotel. Most likely, your answer is no on getting in early at all.

Only one or two of the Disney Springs hotels gets Extra Magical Hours. So it depends which hotel. Most likely, your answer is no on getting in early at all.
Edited my OP. I understand that technical the hotel doesn't get magic hours, but I was wondering what happens in reality since we'll be on site and can get into the disney park shuttle. If anyone who has stayed in one of those hotels can chime in, that could be very helpful :)

What I read elsewhere regarding capacity closures, is that if you're already in the park on the hotel plaza disney bus you get in, which is why the Hotel Plaza Blvd folks get in. I'm wondering if a similar thing might apply to early magic hours as well.

Last edited:
I'm going to move this to the Orlando Hotels board; you'll find more discussion on the Disney Springs hotels there. :)

I'm going to move this to the Orlando Hotels board; you'll find more discussion on the Disney Springs hotels there. :)
Okay, got it. Thought that meant hotels outside of disney proper, but I'm new to the site.

Edited my OP. I understand that technical the hotel doesn't get magic hours, but I was wondering what happens in reality since we'll be on site and can get into the disney park shuttle. If anyone who has stayed in one of those hotels can chime in, that could be very helpful :)

What I read elsewhere regarding capacity closures, is that if you're already in the park on the hotel plaza disney bus you get in, which is why the Hotel Plaza Blvd folks get in. I'm wondering if a similar thing might apply to early magic hours as well.

Disney Springs shuttles are not Disney Resort shuttles. Two different bus services. Your shuttle will run within the hours available to your hotels.

If you choose to walk to a Disney resort, say Saratoga, and catch their bus for EMH .............

In morning you need a MB that will scan you are in a Disney hotel to enter, you won't have that and won't be let in.

In the night EMH, they don't make any one leave, but to go on an attraction, you must scan your MB with your hotel to enter, you won't have that.

You get no perks, your resort is no different than completely offsite hotels in terms of perks, other than location. The phased closings really are not a perk since there are a wide range of who qualifies. An AP holder can get in to the parks even after Disney Springs guests are blocked out.

If you choose to walk to a Disney resort, say Saratoga, and catch their bus for EMH .............
lol
In morning you need a MB that will scan you are in a Disney hotel to enter, you won't have that and won't be let in.
Just the info I was looking for! I couldn't find anyone talking about what actual happens for magic hours. I wasn't sure if it was like a gate check thing for cars or what. Apparently the MB will know :)
(EDIT: I've been to Disney many times but before MB were around)

My one piece of advise with regards to the Holiday Inn is walk next door to the Hilton to catch the bus. It stops at the Hilton first and often fills up by the time it gets to the Holiday Inn.

My one piece of advise with regards to the Holiday Inn is walk next door to the Hilton to catch the bus. It stops at the Hilton first and often fills up by the time it gets to the Holiday Inn.
Thank you! Great advice.

I had also looked into taking Disney buses to or from Saratoga springs to go to parks , but it doesn't seem like it'll save any time. I've been reading that those buses are a little less reliable schedule-wise too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter