Disney Springs Hotel and Disney Dinning Plan (DDP)

davedray

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody! I have only ever stayed in a Disney Hotel (Pop and The Floridian) but am looking at these Disney Springs Area Hotels, and they seem pretty nice, and a good value still including the 60 day FP+ and EMH. My question, can you stay at ones of these hotels and get the DDP? I love the freedom of prepaying for my meals and only thinking about tips! Not a deal breaker, but just looking into it. Thanks!

The dining plan is currently only offered when staying at on site resorts.

I've been reading about a "Disney Discount Dining Card". Not sure if the hotel you are staying at is part of this deal. It works, if staying a certain number of nights, and the card can be used at quick service restaurants. You may want to get more info on this. (I al ways stay on site, but this may help you save a little).

No DDP at DS hotels, just take the $100/nt savings & apply it to food. Like you said not a deal breaker, more of a deal maker actually. Enjoy making ADRs at non-DDP places & lounges, eating appetizers as entrees & sharing an occasional dessert. I think once you experience no DDP you'll enjoy it as much as the rest of us that switched over.

Happy planning!

I was thinking of that too-we've done the ddp the last few years, but last year we were off property visiting a resort, wanted to eat lunch there, but didn't because we felt like we had to get back to Disney to use our credits up. For 3 adults this summer it's around $1600 for a week, seems like alot of $$.o_O I was thinking about getting a Disney gift card, just for meals. If there is anything left over on it, I can save it for next time, or buy more stuff, lol!

Please clarify exactly what you mean. You can make ADRs at any restaurant that takes them, whether or not you're on a DDP.

That's correct, you can make ADRs at any location that accepts ADRs. The last half of this sentence suggests the OP, who may be trying out a non-DDP visit, make some ADRs at locations that don't accept the DDP. Namely Swan/Dolphin locations like Il Mulino or Bluezoo or the sushi restaurant there. The OP can now experience eating anywhere they like without being tied down to the 'accepts DDP' only list of restaurants.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the conversations! I like the idea of getting gift cards (is probably get them from sams, or my DD school scrip program for extra savings). And I do like the idea of going to non DDP places like Swan and Dauphin. Thanks for talking this out with me. It opens up a lot of possibilities!

Thanks all for the conversations! I like the idea of getting gift cards (is probably get them from sams, or my DD school scrip program for extra savings). And I do like the idea of going to non DDP places like Swan and Dauphin. Thanks for talking this out with me. It opens up a lot of possibilities!

One thing I do too is purchase my gift cards over time with my Disney visa, then I have reward $$$ from the DV to spend, that was earned on $$$ I'm going to spend at WDW. If I simply used my DV at WDW w/o the GC step, I wouldn't have the reward until after the trip.

You also might want to pop to crossroads say, and eat off-site so maybe keep some of your designated food money as cash to give you this freedom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts