disney springs for miles and miles

dalt01

DIS Veteran
this has probably been discussed ad nauseum, but i dont keep up like i used to. i look at all the disney springs add ons and they keep coming............i think maybe disney went "a bridge too far" or am i just out of touch with the demand for boutique shopping and dining choices that are needed???

Last edited:
With the third party hotels recently added like Four Seasons, the boutiques and $$$ restaurants at Disney Springs, and the cabins at Fort Wilderness and the Poly, Disney seems to be focusing on the upper end clients. I'm sure they know how much is too much.

@dalt01 - On the shopping, I totally agree - at least for ME personally. Of all the stores I've seen, there are very few I would (1) Be interested in, (2) Find something to fit a "plus sized person" like myself, (3) Be able or willing to afford.

As far as dining - I LOVE all the different price levels, styles, cuisines, etc. There are several I definitely want to try. Some of them pricier than I'd like to spend on a regular basis, but definitely worth a "splurge".

P.A. Your doggie looks ADORABLE!! Is he/she a Bichon Frise? That's my favorite breed! :)

Last edited:
@dalt01 - On the shopping, I totally agree - at least for ME personally. Of all the stores I've seen, there are very few I would (1) Be interested in, (2) Find something to fit a "plus sized person like myself, (3) Be able or willing to afford.

As far as dining - I LOVE all the different price levels, styles, cuisines, etc. There are several I definitely want to try. Some of the pricier than I'd like to spend on a regular basis, but definitely worth a "splurge".

P.A. You doggie looks ADORABLE!! Is he/she a Bichon Frise? That's my favorite breed! :)
jasper has been gone for 4 years..........i just dont have the heart to remove the pic. he was a Bichon, we have 2 more now, both rescues

The shopping is not for the US visitors. Sure I shop there when in town (love Stance and we may wait to buy a gift somewhere else until we get there so the surprise isn't ruined) but most of the people spending the big bucks are the ones where the US prices are much cheaper then they would get at home. Sure some go to the outlets but others will stay on property because it is easier. Add that to locals who again could go to the outlets but now have a lot of options in one place that are the "now" line instead of several seasons old and they might shop there.

jasper has been gone for 4 years..........i just dont have the heart to remove the pic. he was a Bichon, we have 2 more now, both rescues
Awwww - so sorry, I hope Jasper's running free in a great big field with his favorite toy on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. And very nice you're sharing the love with 2 rescued fur babies! :)

Though I agree that most of the stores are a bit out of my budget, I do like the many options. It never fails that when I enter that Disney bubble my self control needs to be wrangled in lol. I have been known to splurge on something a little more expensive than I'm normally comfortable purchasing because I'm on "vacation." Yes, it's a problem, yes, I'm working on it lol.

When it comes to the dining options I agree with @SorcererHeidi It's nice to be able to splurge every once in a while, especially on vacation. So I like the many different options available at Disney Springs.

Though I agree that most of the stores are a bit out of my budget, I do like the many options. It never fails that when I enter that Disney bubble my self control needs to be wrangled in lol. I have been known to splurge on something a little more expensive than I'm normally comfortable purchasing because I'm on "vacation." Yes, it's a problem, yes, I'm working on it lol.

When it comes to the dining options I agree with @SorcererHeidi It's nice to be able to splurge every once in a while, especially on vacation. So I like the many different options available at Disney Springs.
I have this issue even at Disney stores. I really don't spend much money at other places but I step into the Disney Store and loose my mind.

The biggest thing that irritates about Disney Springs is the close resemblance to a premium outlet mall... In some parts I feel like I'm walking through the Orlando Premium Outlets; it doesn't feel like I'm in Disney at all at times and that's what truly upsets me. In my opinion, I just feel like they took out all the pixie-dust Disney magic when they turned Downtown Disney into Disney Springs.

As an out-of-towner I had to use Disney Springs last May when my daughter and I went to WDW and I realized that I left all my toiletries and watch at home. I was really glad that I could go to Sephora and a couple of other shops to take care of replacing (though it cost me more than I was planning to spend). I think it is so pretty and enjoyed the restaurants, too. They are taking shops away at the Disneyland Downtown Disney and putting more dining in, so I'm glad that they won't be doing that at Disney Springs.

In my humble opinion... i think Disney Springs is THE best spot on Disney property. I love every square inch of that place lol

I'm a huge fan of Disney Springs and I'm not much of a shopper. I think it's beautiful my husband and I both look forward to spending some time there during our trips. The dining options are excellent and, if I do feel like shopping, there are stores there that I don't have close to my home. I also live where it's cold a good portion of the year, so we just don't have beautiful outdoor shopping malls like that. I like that it's more upscale and I think they've balanced it nicely, in terms of upscale shopping while still having more affordable spots as well.

Not a shocker here, but I absolutely adore Disney Springs especially the new areas like Town Center and The Landing. It's fun to walk around and enjoy the live entertainment, grab a snack or meal, and go shopping. There are some really unique stores, and I always have a relaxing day (or two, or three...lol) at the Springs.

Not a shocker here, but I absolutely adore Disney Springs especially the new areas like Town Center and The Landing. It's fun to walk around and enjoy the live entertainment, grab a snack or meal, and go shopping. There are some really unique stores, and I always have a relaxing day (or two, or three...lol) at the Springs.
all i think about when i am there is...."now where the heck DID they put that bus stop?"

This Disney Springs is one big snooze for me. I live in Southeastern PA, so I can go to the King of Prussia mall for this. And waiting for the buses I feel like at home as opposed to Disney. Feels like any other premium outlet mall, perhaps just a little nicer.

The DS experience would be complete if they would put in a Chick Fil A and a liquor store. Think of how many people would be getting on their bus with a case of beer and feed their family of five for under $50. Mmm soggy waffle fries and warm Corona at Pop.

I have to agree with the OP; the area is overgrown like kudzu with too many stores. I used to like shopping in this area when it had just a few stores, but now the area is so big (and expensive) that I usually avoid shopping there. I miss the old Pleasure Island clubs; the comedy one was my favorite.

I love all the options. I also agree that it has started to look like "just another mall" with stores I can go to at home.
I love the Disney specific shops, those are fantastic. Great choices for restaurants too. It's so nice to have something other than the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter