Disney Snow Globe Collections

GaSleepingBeautyFan

DIS Veteran
I've gathered a collection of about 10 big disney snow globes over the years and 5 small ones.

If I had to pick my favorite, I think it would be my Villians one that is fairly old with Chernabog leaning over the globe with the evil queen from Snow White inside the globe and it plays Grim Grinning Ghost.:love:

I saw more than I want but I'm out of display space so I'll have to come up with more display space or else be satisfied with the ones I have.

Anybody else collect the Disney snowglobes?

DD was collecting them each trip would get a new one.

But she decided she needed more room in her room and took down the Train Garden she had them in so they are in the closet until we build some shelving.

I have the NBX one in my room now.

You can see them in The TINK ROOM in my Sig.

I collect them! Unfortunately I have long since run out of room on my coffee table and end tables. Some are now on the floor in front of an old timey stereo, two are on a cushy arm chair, and a couple are in boxes. Here are a few of my favorites out of the ones I own. Would post all of them, but not all of them are on this site. That site ( http://users.skynet.be/neverland/index.html )is very handy; it's a database of past and present Disney snowglobes. It consists of photos and descriptions of a lot of snowglobes; helpful if you are into collecting and want to see what used to be sold.

http://users.skynet.be/neverland/dbimg/big/0010ba.jpg

http://users.skynet.be/neverland/dbimg/big/0110ba.jpg

http://users.skynet.be/neverland/dbimg/big/0866ba.jpg

http://users.skynet.be/neverland/dbimg/big/0132ba.jpg

http://users.skynet.be/neverland/dbimg/big/0550ba.jpg

The Mulan snowglobe was the first I ever owned. it was a Christmas gift from my dad and came from one of the Disney Stores back when they were still owned by Disney. The Lion King one I have is the best snowglobe I have ever seen of that movie; I love it. :cloud9:

I started buying them for my wife back when we were dating (10 years ago) and continued buying them for her up until last year when, like everyone else we ran out of space!

I bought some folding shelves just for my snowglobes! (from Bed, Bath and Beyond.) I've got probably close to 30 (just adding up the money is a little scary). I generally get one for Christmas each year, then for a while I was buying one a trip. But I prefer park-related globes, and they seem to really be shying away from those or making them all look really similar. Has anyone else noticed that park snow globes tend to be 1) good guys grouped around the castle or 2) villians grouped around the evil queen?

For a while they had those great snow globes like the Dumbo one - Mickey, Minnie and Donald riding in Dumbos - the whole thing looked just like the ride; or the Haunted Mansion one with the three hitchhiking ghosts in the globe in the middle. Disney - if you're listening, more like these, please!! A girl can only have so many snow globe where the castle is the main feature...

I too have a collection of Disney snowglobes. My question to you all is what do you do when one of your snowglobes get a water bubble in it? :scared1: My second question is why do some snowgobes get water bubbles in them to begin with? :confused3

I've been lucky and haven't gotten any bubbles in them yet. Maybe google can answer that question.

I've been having a problem dusting them all - it takes forever with the cosmetic brushes I use to get in the tiny cracks. :rotfl2:

I have a few and the Villians with Chernabog is in the top two, but I have to go with the St. Pauls Catherdral LE one from Mary Poppins that plays Feed the Birds as my top favorite.

I have collected these for years, and have over 30 of them. Unfortunately, we haven't found a way to display them in the apartment. To keep them safe, they are safely tucked away in the closet in their boxes till we get a new place.

I was wondering why the snowglobes have looked so cheap lately. Is that because of the change of ownership? This is the first time in years that I didn't get a snowglobe (two or three is more like it) at Christmas. :sad2:

I have about 15. I had more but 3 of them got mold on the inside and I didn't know what to do about it so I got rid of them. :sad1: I haven't gotten any for awhile because I just haven't seen any recently that I thought were that special. They all seem kind of the same. The last one I got was the Lilo and Stitch one with them in the hammock. I too have bubbles in some of mine. I would like to know how to prevent them from becoming moldy again. BTW my favorite one is the Aristocats.

I have about 50 of them. They take up a whole wall that I lined with bookcases...and yes, I have no more room and just found 4 more that I want! I wanted 1 snowglobe from every movie and it had to feature the most characters from that movie. I have a few miscellaneous ones too. I could post pics later....

I love snow globes..has anyone EVER seen the ORIGINAL Lion King snow globe anywhere...mine broke when we moved 2 years ago and i was so upset..it was my favorite, and one of my Villian snow globes broke as well..
I started collecting them about 15 years ago..thankfully only 2 broke...

I have about 30 of them too. I have most of them in a curio cabinet, but like everyone else I have ran out of room. I probably have about 5 still in their boxes. I need a new curio!!

We have about 20 or so and they seem to be in just about every room in the house. Most are in the livingroom but I have them a lot of the other rooms as well. I like a little touch of Disney where ever I look.

I have a TON of authentic Disney Snowglobes Im in the process of selling. Is anyone looking for anything in particular? I have a little over 20 left.....please let me know :)

Thanks!!!!

I am looking for the original Lion King snow globe..mine broke and i would love to replace it....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts