Disney Skyliner: Sooner than you think?

I know it may not be 100% known but from the progress I have seen and the rumors on most of the disney boards and blogs and that the construction update just came out this week, I am going to still believe it will be ready before summer if there are not any big issues/delays. I guess we will see :)

I know it may not be 100% known but from the progress I have seen and the rumors on most of the disney boards and blogs and that the construction update just came out this week, I am going to still believe it will be ready before summer if there are not any big issues/delays. I guess we will see :)

I hope so! We are going in September. Wondering if the sky liner will keep Disney from offering free dining or room discounts at CBR. I’m banking on one of those happening

Okay this whole discussion of bag check just got me thinking. Is there a flaw in the system for bag check? Last trip in September we came out the front gate of Epcot and if I recall correctly entered the monorail station outside of bag check. Got on the monorail took it to TTC and then got on the resort monorail to eat at Kona at Poly. If we had stayed on for two more stops we would have been at MK inside bag check. So theoretically we could have had a car at Epcot, grabbed something and got on the monorail to TTC and into MK without a bag check. Am I remembering this correctly? We were there the last week of September.

Okay, Never mind I looked at a google satillite view and the entrance to the monorail station is still inside the secure area so you cannot get on the monorail without going through bag check.

Okay this whole discussion of bag check just got me thinking. Is there a flaw in the system for bag check? Last trip in September we came out the front gate of Epcot and if I recall correctly entered the monorail station outside of bag check. Got on the monorail took it to TTC and then got on the resort monorail to eat at Kona at Poly. If we had stayed on for two more stops we would have been at MK inside bag check. So theoretically we could have had a car at Epcot, grabbed something and got on the monorail to TTC and into MK without a bag check. Am I remembering this correctly? We were there the last week of September.

Okay, Never mind I looked at a google satillite view and the entrance to the monorail station is still inside the secure area so you cannot get on the monorail without going through bag check.

Haha. That is what I thought too. I could've sworn that the monorail station at Epcot was outside of the bag check area but I think it is sort of to the side but still in Epcot as you said.

After the visa room offer opened we switched from POR to CBR for the huge savings for Easter week, while on the phone with the CM changing my ressie I was making small talk about the resort and mentioned that it would be exciting to stay there once the skyliner was opened and she answered with "well then you are in luck, it will be up and running by the time you are here" I will remain cautiously optimistic. I got lucky with Pandora opening 2 weeks before my trip in 2017, maybe I will get lucky again.

Hey everyone, just wanted to share some info my wife got this weekend (and sorry if this is the wrong forum or if this has been posted already).

She was on the phone a few times adjusting our vacation plans for next summer and when they asked why we chose Caribbean Beach (they seem to ask what about the resort interested you) she told them we were sort of banking on the fact that the skyliner would be ready by August and the cast member on the phone told her they thought it would definitely be ready by then and most likely much earlier. They told her that they get updates every week about resort construction so they can alert potential visitors if they can expect any at the resort they are looking to stay at. They then told her the update they got this week said the construction at CBR was set to be competed by Jan 30th, 2019, so guests would not have construction notices for stays after those dates. Now I know this does not mean the entire system will be finished being constructed, or there wont be some more work such as painting and obviously test runs of the gondolas, but from what they said (and our estimations as well) it would seem that the skyliner could be ready for guests sometime in March/April (and definitely ready by August for our trip, yay!).

I don't know about everyone else but this is exciting news for our family but also makes our decision of which resort to stay at a little harder than before.

Unfortunately, phone CM's are notorious for giving incorrect or made up info. I think it's really unfortunate that the CM told your wife this when they obviously did not have solid info and you were banking on the Skyliner when you made your resort choice. Disney just announced the Skyliner will be open in "Fall 2019". https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disney-skyliner-will-open-in-the-fall-of-2019/ I would not count on August falling into that ambiguous "Fall" opening date.

Funny story - we once had a server at HBD who went on and on about a new attraction she "knew" was coming to DHS. After talking about it almost every time she came to our table, when it came time for the check she said, "well, I get all my info off Facebook, so it may or may not be true". At least she admitted she didn't really know if what she was telling me was accurate!

Funny story - we once had a server at HBD who went on and on about a new attraction she "knew" was coming to DHS. After talking about it almost every time she came to our table, when it came time for the check she said, "well, I get all my info off Facebook, so it may or may not be true". At least she admitted she didn't really know if what she was telling me was accurate!
What was she talking about? Was her information correct? Just curious.

I'm very disappointed about skyliner also. I was hoping for July

Unfortunately, phone CM's are notorious for giving incorrect or made up info. I think it's really unfortunate that the CM told your wife this when they obviously did not have solid info and you were banking on the Skyliner when you made your resort choice. Disney just announced the Skyliner will be open in "Fall 2019". https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disney-skyliner-will-open-in-the-fall-of-2019/ I would not count on August falling into that ambiguous "Fall" opening date.

Man that is really surprising considering not only did they run the first cables from CBR to HS this week but did the first test run of a gondola-less bracket I guess you could call it that) moving along the cable back and forth. Seems like they are so much further along than a Fall 2019 opening would imply. Oh well, I guess there could be a soft opening in the summer still but I wont hold my breath (I already changed from CBR to POFQ anyway :))

Last edited:

Yeah. I wait until I hear news from an official source, such as a bus driver.

What was she talking about? Was her information correct? Just curious.

I'm very disappointed about skyliner also. I was hoping for July

It had something to do with an Indiana Jones show replacement which has yet to come to fruition. It was just really funny because, unless I read an official announcement from Disney, I take everything I hear with a grain of salt. I just thought it was so odd a CM was making these proclamations. Another guest may have taken her word as truth since she is, technically, representing WDW in her capacity as a CM.

Man that is really surprising considering not only did they run the first cables from CBR to HS this week but did the first test run of a gondola-less bracket I guess you could call it that) moving along the cable back and forth. Seems like they are so much further along than a Fall 2019 opening would imply. Oh well, I guess there could be a soft opening in the summer still but I wont hold my breath (I already changed from CBR to POFQ anyway :))

I think there definitely could be a soft opening. I'm assuming "Fall 2019" is a way to CYA in case there are delays, etc. Fall 2019 technically goes through December of next year, so they've given themselves quite a lot of time to fulfill their "promise" to guests. Heck, it could open on December 21, 2019 and they will have reached their goal!

because, unless I read an official announcement from Disney, I take everything I hear with a grain of salt.
And when you get an official announcement from Disney, add an additional few weeks or months to it.;)

I would think bag check would be pre boarding cause if it isn’t there is going to be such a huge backup cause isnt the whole purpose of these things being able to move a crazy amount of people per hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter