Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Sure, but I’d rather not debate whether the cabins will have AC or if they will have buses or not much further than we have. We are going nowhere in this discussion really.

I for one enjoy the mindless ramblings that go nowhere. I find them relaxing. I'm just happy that Disney discussions are going on and people that aren't as up to date on the info keep it flowing.

Telling people to stop rehashing or supposedly going in circles when they just ask for updates or share their opinions is unwelcoming to me.
We answered the posters questions and responded to those opinions but now it’s become a going in circles type discussion. This discussion about going in circles is going in circles too. There is really no need to keep discussing the AC and bus debate when we have no further info. Answering and asking questions will always be welcomed.

I for one enjoy the mindless ramblings that go nowhere. I find them relaxing. I'm just happy that Disney discussions are going on and people that aren't as up to date on the info keep it flowing.
More power to you then but endless nonsense drives me nuts. I pride myself on keeping this board one of the most on topic boards on this site. I’d like to keep it that way.

We answered the posters questions and responded to those opinions but now it’s become a going in circles type discussion. This discussion about going in circles is going in circles too. There is really no need to keep discussing the AC and bus debate when we have no further info. Answering and asking questions will always be welcomed.
And sharing opinions. That should be welcomed on a discussion forum. Without being told to stop because others have already shared their opinions.

But you’re right. Now this discussion is going in circles. I’m done. :thumbsup2

More power to you then but endless nonsense drives me nuts. I pride myself on keeping this board one of the most on topic boards on this site. I’d like to keep it that way.
There’s a reason why traffic has slowed more on DIS than some other spots. Keeping things on topic is one thing — NOT easy, and much appreciated. Stopping people from sharing opinions within the board’s rules because some are bored with it is another IMO.

There’s a reason why traffic has slowed more on DIS than some other spots. Keeping things on topic is one thing — NOT easy, and much appreciated. Stopping people from sharing opinions within the board’s rules because some are bored with it is another IMO.
I’d like to point out I’m not stopping anything. I’m trying to drive the discussion in a better direction. If you have an issue with what I do or how I do it I suggest you talk to those above me.

Hey @rteetz, just a quick shoutout to thank you for sharing your knowledge and perspective while moderating the Rumors and News forum - all are appreciated. Please don’t let the few who constantly need to have the last word, or simply be argumentative, undermine the value you contribute.

Now, so that my post stays relevant to the thread, I’ll happily ride the Disney Skyliner once it’s running. With our without air conditioning.

There are more posts on this thread than all the other Rumors/News threads combined, so far today.

To me that just means it's just a high anticipation project that many like talking about.

Nothing new yet still #1. ::yes::

Now that we have the air conditioning talk all wrapped up, can someone tell me if hey will still have busses from the hotels on the Gondola route too. pirate: ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Hey @rteetz, just a quick shoutout to thank you for sharing your knowledge and perspective while moderating the Rumors and News forum - all are appreciated. Please don’t let the few who constantly need to have the last word, or simply be argumentative, undermine the value you contribute.

Now, so that my post stays relevant to the thread, I’ll happily ride the Disney Skyliner once it’s running. With our without air conditioning.

I can't wait to ride the Skyliner. Heck, I might even be coerced into buying at Riviera just to ride it all the time :)

Diesel powered backups are pretty standard. Some systems have multiple but that is usually the last resort emergency option, at least for the lifts I'm usually on. And at least one day I've experienced where the entire resort lost power, they used the diesel back ups for the entire day.

No question on diesel gensets being a backup source, but I do wonder if they will be at each transfer station or via a master genset dedicated to serve the gondola loop (I think this could be preferential as I think each station will act as independent traction motor).

I deal with nonsense all day, so Disney nonsense is refreshing. You do seem to keep the stuff going though which helps a lot.

You forgot to ask if they will paint all the towers...

No no, the more important question is if people who are pushing strollers will have the mental capacity to board a very slow moving gondola cabin while pushing the stroller at the same time. (please people don't answer this question, I'm being obnoxious)

No question on diesel gensets being a backup source, but I do wonder if they will be at each transfer station or via a master genset dedicated to serve the gondola loop (I think this could be preferential as I think each station will act as independent traction motor).

As far an I know the station at CBR is where he cables are driven from, the bull wheels at the other stations provide no drive power. With that said, the cars do have to disconnect from the cable at each station, even the turn stations, so power is needed to run the drive wheels at each station, so I assume they would need backup power at each station.

As far an I know the station at CBR is where he cables are driven from, the bull wheels at the other stations provide no drive power. With that said, the cars do have to disconnect from the cable at each station, even the turn stations, so power is needed to run the drive wheels at each station, so I assume they would need backup power at each station.

I checked with Lift Blog on this and he said that the tires in the stations are generally driven through a gear system from the cable, so they don't need their own power.

I deal with nonsense all day, so Disney nonsense is refreshing. You do seem to keep the stuff going though which helps a lot.

I think I feel the same way ... while I love my job I also enjoy my mental breaks from it and love discussing (even if a bit of a repeat) interesting Disney topics that are about exciting new things to come - but also get and appreciate @rteetz wanting things to not get bogged down

I checked with Lift Blog on this and he said that the tires in the stations are generally driven through a gear system from the cable, so they don't need their own power.
Yeah, that is how I thought it worked, but wasn't completely sure. I believe liftblog.

Quick question for those who have used other similar systems. Since each cabin detaches from the cable when going through the station for loading, is there an area where they can take a cabin out of service for cleaning and then later bring it back on line? Or do you think it will be a completely different system mode done overnight only where each cabin is cleaned one by one as it goes through the station? I am just wondering how they might handle accidents in cabins like vomit, spilled drinks, etc. Would these cabins be marked for no entry all day or immediately taken off system for cleaning and then brought back on anytime?

Quick question for those who have used other similar systems. Since each cabin detaches from the cable when going through the station for loading, is there an area where they can take a cabin out of service for cleaning and then later bring it back on line? Or do you think it will be a completely different system mode done overnight only where each cabin is cleaned one by one as it goes through the station? I am just wondering how they might handle accidents in cabins like vomit, spilled drinks, etc. Would these cabins be marked for no entry all day or immediately taken off system for cleaning and then brought back on anytime?
Yes, they can have a maintenance loop that can pull a gondola off the line. I posted a video showing it in Breckenridge way way up thread.

It was when people were speculating about how hanicap people would load and I was showing it was possible to have two loops, which is what they ended up doing. I believe the secondary loops will operate pretty much the same as the maintenance loops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter