Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Wonder if they will still open the DHS line in time for Star Wars, but the official full opening will be Sept 29? Hoping for that! At Pop 9/24-10/1 and was planning my Epcot and DHS days earlier in the trip :/ Happy though that I’ll definitity get to ride it while there!
If that's their plan, they're not announcing it. I won't be holding my breath even though I'd love for that to be the case!!

My bro is going end of August and a link he just sent me (already forget the site) still says "according to construction personnel there is a chance some lines may open in late August" - in their sharing the opening date. Just like everything WDW, we will know when it happens

You don’t suppose that the August 28th date that everybody thought was a done deal is actually going to be a soft opening date? Supposedly cast members were saying August 28th and then there was another reliable source. Maybe? I hope!

You don’t suppose that the August 28th date that everybody thought was a done deal is actually going to be a soft opening date? Supposedly cast members were saying August 28th and then there was another reliable source. Maybe? I hope!
That date was only the HS line, so maybe they'll do a soft opening?

Man, this September trip has just been a bucket of guesses. I was so hoping that since SWGE was opening early that they'd at least have this up and running. I was looking forward to it. But we're early September, so not looking good unless there are very early soft openings. I thought for sure they would need this running to at least HS when SWGE opened to handle the crowds.

My bro is going end of August and a link he just sent me (already forget the site) still says "according to construction personnel there is a chance some lines may open in late August" - in their sharing the opening date. Just like everything WDW, we will know when it happens
It could happen but I wouldn't count on it since this is Disney's official announcement. I'm hoping for soft openings during our mid-September trip but honestly not thinking it will happen. So many things have not happened the way I anticipated when I first started planning this trip almost 1 year ago.
1. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway - thought it could be open but delayed until 2020
2. Skyliner - was almost positive this would be open. Nope!
3. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - thought we'd avoid this 'late fall 2019' opening by arriving Sep 7. Nope again! Will be in the thick of it.

We've been blessed to visit Disney more than normal in the past 18 months and was really hoping after watching the Skyliner progress that this time it would finally be open! 😭 Looks like we'll need to wait until our Sep 2020 trip to ride it now. 😭

I was really hoping the DHS line would at least be open for my one night stay at Pop in September. Don't know if I should just keep the reservation or change it to something else.

I was really hoping the DHS line would at least be open for my one night stay at Pop in September. Don't know if I should just keep the reservation or change it to something else.
We have good rates at POP but depending on early fall discounts we may change our 7 nights to something else. I was really counting on the Skyliner to be open. I really thought with the opening of SWGE that the Skyliner would be necessary for transporting guests to/from DHS. I can’t imagine the busses alone will be able to handle it but I guess only time will tell.

We'll be at CBR September 28th - October 3rd - not sure how I feel about being the guinea pigs but I'll take it!

Also we were debating between AK and HS our arrival day bc I figured it would be faster to get to HS from CBR by taking the gondola, but if we have to take a bus either way we can do AK and not worry about doing HS on a Saturday.

People delaying trips until after the Skyliner is up is entirely possible.

So this means 1/2 of the Extra Extra EXTRA Magic Hour days will have Skyliners, and 1/2 will not. I wonder how that will play out?

I figure by October 1, there will even be guides to exactly what minute to board at what station to see specific fireworks shows.

We have good rates at POP but depending on early fall discounts we may change our 7 nights to something else. I was really counting on the Skyliner to be open. I really thought with the opening of SWGE that the Skyliner would be necessary for transporting guests to/from DHS. I can’t imagine the busses alone will be able to handle it but I guess only time will tell.

Yeah we only had one night booked at Pop solely to do the Gondolas to DHS just to get to ride them lol so now I'm thinking we should probably switch somewhere else!!

Booked CBR Aug 28th-Sept 2nd specifically for the Skyliner option (it was listed as a transportation option at the time of booking) - it was between there and Port Orleans Riverside, any thoughts on switching our accommodations?

Booked CBR Aug 28th-Sept 2nd specifically for the Skyliner option (it was listed as a transportation option at the time of booking) - it was between there and Port Orleans Riverside, any thoughts on switching our accommodations?

I mean, I guess there's a chance they'll soft-open the CBR->DHS part, but if you prefer POR now's as good a time to switch as any. It's included in the new room sale for Disney Visa cardholders (now through Sept 28).

Oh, well-like everyone else here, I'm so disappointed for my trip in mid-September. Just before I came here, I was checking the menus at CBR, having figured I'd be able to take the gondola from DHS or the IG to CBR and eat there.

Well, I WAS bummed until I told DH and he reminded me that since I'm going about 10 days before the "official" opening, I have a decent chance of it being in soft openings when I'm there. Fingers crossed!

It could happen but I wouldn't count on it since this is Disney's official announcement. I'm hoping for soft openings during our mid-September trip but honestly not thinking it will happen. So many things have not happened the way I anticipated when I first started planning this trip almost 1 year ago.
1. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway - thought it could be open but delayed until 2020
2. Skyliner - was almost positive this would be open. Nope!
3. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - thought we'd avoid this 'late fall 2019' opening by arriving Sep 7. Nope again! Will be in the thick of it.

We've been blessed to visit Disney more than normal in the past 18 months and was really hoping after watching the Skyliner progress that this time it would finally be open! 😭 Looks like we'll need to wait until our Sep 2020 trip to ride it now. 😭

We’ll be there mid September this year and going back in September 2020 too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter