Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I’m not sure of the “terms” we’re using lol but I shot this video today at Hollywood Studios of the “spur”? “second”? line.
There are two cabins waiting on the spur line as the third cabin comes into the spur the first of the two cabins goes back on the “main” line.

I shot this video at the beginning of May. We watched the second line for a quite awhile. There did not seem to be a pattern to when the cabins went into the second line. It looks like the cabins are diverted to the second line (maybe by the Skyliner operator?)

I know I saw some times at one point on how long it would take to get from POP to CBR and CBR to HS and CBR to Epcot, but I can not find anything now. Does anyone have the times or know where I can find them. Thanks

I shot this video at the beginning of May. We watched the second line for a quite awhile. There did not seem to be a pattern to when the cabins went into the second line. It looks like the cabins are diverted to the second line (maybe by the Skyliner operator?)

Probably because it's still in testing, it may not operate that way when it's actually carrying guests.

I know I saw some times at one point on how long it would take to get from POP to CBR and CBR to HS and CBR to Epcot, but I can not find anything now. Does anyone have the times or know where I can find them. Thanks

The official times from Disney:

•Disney’s Caribbean Beach to Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 5-6 minutes
•Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Pop Century Resort or Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: under 6 minutes
•Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Riviera Resort: 5 minutes
•Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to International Gateway at Epcot: 15 minutes
•Disney’s Riviera Resort to International Gateway at Epcot: 9 minutes

The official times from Disney:

•Disney’s Caribbean Beach to Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 5-6 minutes
•Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Pop Century Resort or Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: under 6 minutes
•Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Riviera Resort: 5 minutes
•Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to International Gateway at Epcot: 15 minutes
•Disney’s Riviera Resort to International Gateway at Epcot: 9 minutes
So...if a person wanted to go from IG to DHS it would be ~20 minutes? IG>CBR = 15 minutes plus CBR>DHS = 5 minutes. Plus some transfer time at CBR as well. Right?

I understand your first point but disagree with the second. I don’t think construction has anything to do with it. If it did the Epcot line wouldn’t open until Spring 2020 when Ratatouille opens.
I’m sure they will open the Epcot line this fall, but not until the work expanding touch points and security are done at the IG, and that might not happen in time to open it simultaneously with the DHS line.

Agreed, although for the Epcot (Skyliner) comparison-there are no Minnie Vans at IG.

These same issues below, could be happening to Skyliner Resort guests if they choose IG and these types of storms hit.

Making it worse, they can not walk to the room (like DHS to Epcot Resorts) if they even wanted to.

The question/solution as discussed below, is how often the Epcot buses will be going to Skyliner Resorts.

My guess is they will often plan to have buses available those summer months late afternoon, if not always full time.
Disney has never said that they are stopping buses to the resorts that are on the Skyliner. Some people speculate this will happen but I'm one who doesn't believe this will happen.

Guests at the Skyliner resorts will do as we always have and when we feel it's an appropriate time we'll head to the front of the park and take a bus back to our resort just as we do now.

I seriously can't wait for these to open! IF I snag a SWGE preview, I have two rooms booked. One for CBR and one for CSR, the choice will depend on whether or not the gondola is open!! (And you know, that pesky detail of getting a preview! LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter