Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I'm quite certain it is the case, because I was confused by it as well. Frankly, doesn't make any sense to me. I get that it would be difficult to sequester the people, but I feel like you could do it, albeit with a slightly longer walk, but ultimately shorter wait time to get in the park.
Yeah it just seems like it could be solved if they applied some effort to it. As someone who’s done that transfer under the current configuration it’s an absolute pain

This changed about a year ago. Security for the TTC is before the ticket gates. Everyone in the monorail had been cleared.
Yeah but isn’t there a stretch at Epcot that goes through an uncleared zone? Which necessitates the monorail passengers going through another security check?

not sure if someone already shared, this was taken today at DHS
46150219_262818074433414_8801925347277799424_n.jpg

Yeah but isn’t there a stretch at Epcot that goes through an uncleared zone? Which necessitates the monorail passengers going through another security check?
I thought it changed at Epcot, but apparently it hasn't. However, the person I replied to was talking about MK. If you get on the monorail anywhere, you have been cleared and you don't have to go through security again at MK.

I guess you would also need bag check at Riviera since you could go right from there to EPCOT without stopping at CBR

And unless I am totally misremembering I am pretty sure last trip we did not have to do bag check at EPCOT when coming via monorail from TTC
Just there a week or so ago. They were doing bag checks for monorail riders. Also scans for those without bags.

I thought it changed at Epcot, but apparently it hasn't. However, the person I replied to was talking about MK. If you get on the monorail anywhere, you have been cleared and you don't have to go through security again at MK.
Gotcha, I misread your post. I actually really enjoy the system in place for MK, it’s just a shame that Epcot hasn’t configured itself to be convenient as well

Isn’t work being done in the front of Epcot to fix this issue? I feel like I saw it in a picture update somewhere. Hope I’m not making it up! Lol

Isn’t work being done in the front of Epcot to fix this issue? I feel like I saw it in a picture update somewhere. Hope I’m not making it up! Lol

Well, there is supposed to be work done to the actual entrance to the park and there is the on again/off again rumor of the hotel to be placed at the front and involve the monorail station

Well, there is supposed to be work done to the actual entrance to the park and there is the on again/off again rumor of the hotel to be placed at the front and involve the monorail station
I was trying to locate it, but I thought I saw a little wall up around the one side in a photo update. Maybe I am just mixing it up with all the other construction there haha

I was trying to locate it, but I thought I saw a little wall up around the one side in a photo update. Maybe I am just mixing it up with all the other construction there haha

always stuff going on - might have been for Guardians Coaster or the Space Restaurant ... I also think there may have been some concrete work done so could have just been for that

Pretty sure no work for the "big" changes to the entrance have started yet

What a big bummer. We just got back last night and i was impressed with the progress. We're booked for June at Pop, mainly because of this. I detest how bad the transportation at Disney has gotten, was really looking forward to this being open when we are there.

Exactly the same as us. At least I don’t have to hope it opens for our trip any more. So very disappointed though. Seems like they could open it sooner if they wanted to. They obviously don’t want to. Bummed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter