Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Pretty cool the splicing of the haul rope has occurred without anyone noticing, or did it? Several have shared recently of the number of lines in place to prepare for the haul rope positioning. Now apparently the haul rope is in place, spliced, and connected to turning bull wheels. Pretty amazing how fast that all occurred!

Pretty cool the splicing of the haul rope has occurred without anyone noticing, or did it? Several have shared recently of the number of lines in place to prepare for the haul rope positioning. Now apparently the haul rope is in place, spliced, and connected to turning bull wheels. Pretty amazing how fast that all occurred!
I’m surprised at how quick it’s occurrd as well, but I remember someone way back in this thread pointed out that this is a pretty simple project terrain wise for the people installing this. Normally they have to contend with elevation changes and such when dealing with these projects

While this is a competing lift company. It gives you a good idea of the process. Worth the 4 minutes it takes to watch it.
I got the impression from the video that the splice takes about 2 days total. So the timeline we are seeing seems right on track.

Splicing a thick stranded wire (someone said 2"?) is not a small task, not done in the space of minutes, but over a day or more.
The link talks of installing a gondola system in Vail CO

I am interested to know if the Epcot line will need more than one splice, considering there is a limit to how large the spool of cable can be.

This has probably been answered already but how will the loading of ECV scooters and strollers work with how continuous of a process this should be? I feel like a big part of how slow the bus transportation can be is how each bus needs to load a scooter or two and people need to load up their strollers. Will there be a way for people to board a gondola without holding up the rest of them? Will this special boarding only be used for scooters or people with strollers as well?

This has probably been answered already but how will the loading of ECV scooters and strollers work with how continuous of a process this should be? I feel like a big part of how slow the bus transportation can be is how each bus needs to load a scooter or two and people need to load up their strollers. Will there be a way for people to board a gondola without holding up the rest of them? Will this special boarding only be used for scooters or people with strollers as well?
All of the stations except Riveria have two turn arounds. The expectation is that the back one can fully stop for scooters. I doubt strollers will be an issue for the normal loading areas.

Nobody has definitive answers yet. We believe some cars will be pulled offline to allow for loading of ECV scooters. My guess is that just as like the buses, strollers will need to be folded so this should not cause any additional load time as guests will be carrying them on.

Nobody has definitive answers yet. We believe some cars will be pulled offline to allow for loading of ECV scooters. My guess is that just as like the buses, strollers will need to be folded so this should not cause any additional load time as guests will be carrying them on.
Folding strollers on busses is a state law, that won't apply to gondolas. I doubt they will require people to fold their strollers for the gondolas.

You'd have to think post Pulse and Las Vegas that Disney will screen before the gondolas. No way they want to give an experienced rifleman an elevated platform that is moving at 10-15 mph.

I really loathe that we, as a society, have come to the point where you are right on this but sadly, we have and you are. That said, I thought the windows didn't open. Are the vents in such a position that one could fire out of them?

Part of me thinks there is no way someone could get a rifle past CM's and get it on a gondola but the Las Vegas shooter managed to get an arsenal in his room and no one noticed sooooo..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter