Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

We have speculation and probablies galore. Do you think there will be full disclosure? The Orlando Sentinel got the 911 calls released.
I doubt that Disney is going to release anything more than they have to report. It's not like with the monorail crash where they had to call in the transportation safety board to investigate it because there was a death of an operating. This was as Disney called it an incedent that resulted in guests being inconvenienced. Making any statements otherwise would be the equivalent of pouring gasoline onto a burning building, just like how making any announcements other than the ones they did would be the equivalent of yelling fire in a crowded theatre.

I doubt that Disney is going to release anything more than they have to report. It's not like with the monorail crash where they had to call in the transportation safety board to investigate it because there was a death of an operating. This was as Disney called it an incedent that resulted in guests being inconvenienced. Making any statements otherwise would be the equivalent of pouring gasoline onto a burning building, just like how making any announcements other than the ones they did would be the equivalent of yelling fire in a crowded theatre.
I don't think Disney will release anything else either. The 911 calls likely came from a governmental entity. Like a county or municipal dispatching center. It's a lot easier to get information like this from governmental agencies than private companies due to state law FOIA equivalents.

Now that it is back open, if you have ridden or are riding let me know which number, color, and if it is a character or not. This was I can work to complete the full list of cabins.

Got bored at Epcot and took a risk ;) Recorded info as some went past while I was waiting.

117 teal
201 red chip n dale
034 orange toy story
130 yellow groot and ??
038 dude from Frozen one side and snowmen other; 082 blue but same
147, 154, 245, 341 yellow

So Epcot to HS and vice versa is about 20mn. Walking very quickly also takes 20mn. Epcot to CB I was with another solo female, there was almost no line. CB to HS was with about six other people, waited about three minutes. HS back to CB was by myself, which I was surprised by as there was about a four mn line. CB to Ep was with a group of two and another solo traveler. Only slowed down once, almost to a stop, from HS to CB.

We have been assured multiple times in this thread that it is simply impossible, impossible, for a gondola to fall.
Nothing is impossible. Many things are improbable or extremely improbable. In aviation, issues that can cause a plane to crash have be extremely improbable, not impossible.

And actually killing someone on a plane only has to be improbable.

So remember that next time you fly.

Watched a video last night where a group went from DHS to Epcot, one walked and the rest rode the Skyliner (you can search You Tube for "Race to Epcot, Skyliner vs Footpath).

The walker won the race hands down, but by the time he got there, he was puffing and ready for a bench and his water bottle. Time on the clock for him was between 17-18 minutes (started from DHS exit, ended at IG Skyliner station). Skyliner wasn't much longer. Riders had no waits at DHS or CBR station, and I don't think they stopped at all - it was dark out so hard to tell. Anyway, I enjoyed seeing someone try this.

Watched a video last night where a group went from DHS to Epcot, one walked and the rest rode the Skyliner (you can search You Tube for "Race to Epcot, Skyliner vs Footpath).

The walker won the race hands down, but by the time he got there, he was puffing and ready for a bench and his water bottle. Time on the clock for him was between 17-18 minutes (started from DHS exit, ended at IG Skyliner station). Skyliner wasn't much longer. Riders had no waits at DHS or CBR station, and I don't think they stopped at all - it was dark out so hard to tell. Anyway, I enjoyed seeing someone try this.
I suspect when the MK/GF walkway is open you’ll have people walking that route, not because it’s faster or less effort than the monorail when the monorail runs smoothly, but rather, because it will be 100% more predictable than the monorail 100% of the time.

Personally, I’d rather take the Skyliner for a leisurely trip, but if I had a FP or ADR? My legs, I trust. Mass transit, not so much.

Stayed at POP last week and rode the Skyliner multiple times...so relaxing....so different than power walking or the bus experience...not sure how it will be once Riviera opens
So glad you enjoyed it! We cannot wait to ride!

I don't anticipate Riviera will change it much for guests at Pop other than adding more people to the lines when leaving Epcot or DHS but I can't imagine it will be a lot of people.

I could be wrong but I'm not anticipating that Disney will add guests to already occupied cars as the gondolas go through Riviera. Is that happening now? When you board at Epcot or CBR, do they ask guests is they are disembarking at Riviera?

We rode in the middle of the day yesterday, from Epcot to DHS and DHS back to Epcot about 2 hours later.

We were really impressed how quickly we got there (17 mins). We didn’t wait in any lines. It was very hot and humid, but when the gondolas are moving it was nice and cool. Going through the Riviera station was quite warm though, the second the breeze stopped it was muggy. We rode gondolas both with pictures and without, the ones with pictures seemed much worse on video, in person it was fine.

DH and I both agreed it was fun to do it and check it out, and it’s a great addition to those resorts. Also agreed we both 100% prefer walking using our own feet from the Epcot resorts, and it’s probably not a frequent thing for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!