Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Hi, not sure where to put this thread.

I am staying at BW. A few moments ago we saw 2 buses go through with Epcot on emblem. Then as we were leaving BW saw 3 buses in a row entering BW with Skyliner resorts on the emblem.
Skyliner was stopped briefly and then started working again, but didnt look like it was a long stop. Has anyone heard anything?
They do run buses daily with skyliner on them. They aren't as frequent as normal buses but they do run between the skyliner resorts.

Anyone witnessed an ECV or wheelchair loading or unloading at the Riviera station? Do they stop the line completely or just slow it down more? I’d think they’d stop, but still wondering.

I remember seeing a video posted here a long time ago, but I can't remember which website it was from.

Anyone witnessed an ECV or wheelchair loading or unloading at the Riviera station? Do they stop the line completely or just slow it down more? I’d think they’d stop, but still wondering.

I don't think they are expecting extended delays; there have been several < 30 min stops and people have complained that the speaker system they have in the cabins didn't function properly. This seems to be in response to those complaints, and it's a good one, I think.
Except that WDW doesn't have similar notices posted on either the buses nor the monorails. Therefore, they recognize that the Skyliner will continue to experience regular lengthy stoppages. They also want to ease the pressure on concierge services as it's easier for them to listen to irate customers over the phone rather than having to deal with them in person. Defusing angry customers over the phone is a brilliant solution!

Except that WDW doesn't have similar notices posted on either the buses nor the monorails. Therefore, they recognize that the Skyliner will continue to experience regular lengthy stoppages. They also want to ease the pressure on concierge services as it's easier for them to listen to irate customers over the phone rather than having to deal with them in person. Defusing angry customers over the phone is a brilliant solution!
Honestly I think they just "get away" with the already lengthy stoppages of the monorail... as long as the doors don't fall off. With the focus on the new gondolas and the problem they had the first week, people were taking to social media so strongly that they had to do something. I don't really think they expect regular lengthy stoppages, but are rather responding to feedback. I do agree that the phone is a good solution to cutting down on complaints.

The routine experience with the monorail and buses is that it takes forever to get anywhere, and a highly variable amount of time. If you're going from CBR to HS via bus, that can be 20 minutes waiting, 20 minutes stopping at every stop in the resort, and 20 minutes driving to HS.

Even taking the monorail somewhere you need to wait for it, wait for other trains to clear the track or be taken out of service, wait for a second train at park close when they're packed, transfer at the TTC, etc. Taking the Monorail from Epcot to MK took quite a while the last few times I've tried it.

Therefore, people expect to budget for these wait times. Taking the skyliner? You get where you're going in 10 minutes. Even transferring at CBR only adds around 5 minutes even at busy times of day. Therefore, even a 10 minute stop can make you late.

Yep and they are now being evacuated off Epcot line at Riviera.
I rode it briefly two weeks ago and had lost my healthy fear... Now I’m booked at CBR and thinking I’ll just take the bus to the bus to the thing.

I think it's odd they use the term "evacuation" when it's really guests disembarking at a proper stop and then being told to catch a bus... isn't that right, or am I missing something?

Purely anecdotal - we just left after 10 days at WDW, staying at Pop. We had no issues whatsoever with the skyliner for the first week of our trip. No delays, no closures - and we used it a lot.

The past three days have been a totally different story. We experienced full-line closures or long stoppages every time we used the Skyliner. Wonder what’s going on...

Last edited:
There are also photos on twitter of multiple cabins being unusable due to doors either not shutting completely (small crack between doors) or not shutting at all (completely open).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter