Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I could be wrong but I'm not anticipating that Disney will add guests to already occupied cars as the gondolas go through Riviera. Is that happening now? When you board at Epcot or CBR, do they ask guests is they are disembarking at Riviera?

When we rode we weren't asked anything at CBR or Epcot, but there was a CM right there when your door opened at Riviera to check where you were going so they could tell you if you needed to stay on or get off here. Nobody was waiting to load at Riviera, so I didn't get to see how that would work.

So glad you enjoyed it! We cannot wait to ride!

I don't anticipate Riviera will change it much for guests at Pop other than adding more people to the lines when leaving Epcot or DHS but I can't imagine it will be a lot of people.

I could be wrong but I'm not anticipating that Disney will add guests to already occupied cars as the gondolas go through Riviera. Is that happening now? When you board at Epcot or CBR, do they ask guests is they are disembarking at Riviera?
Nobody asked us ahead of time. On the Epcot to CBR journey we were asked at Riviera where we were headed when the doors opened. On the CBR to Epcot journey I think they just assumed we wouldn’t be getting off there (although anybody staying in those CBR buildings that are right there would definitely have reason!) and didn’t ask.

8 AM? How does that work with the early early hours at DHS?
I mean even when it first opened it didn't start running until 5:45, so didn't really work for rope drop anyway. I was planning on taking the bus to EEMH for DHS anyway so it doesn't really change those plans for me at least.

So glad you enjoyed it! We cannot wait to ride!

I don't anticipate Riviera will change it much for guests at Pop other than adding more people to the lines when leaving Epcot or DHS but I can't imagine it will be a lot of people.

I'm here now and have made two round trips pop to epcot. Not ever asked this. Love it and chatting with people in the gondola on the cbr to epcot leg. Always solo on the pop part.

My parents are at Disney now with my niece and nephew, and they tried to take a double stroller onto the sky liner and were told they had to fold it up, that they couldn’t wheel it on. It is a smaller double, the ZOE xl2 I believe. I know I asked a few weeks ago and the citi mini gt double was smaller than the size Disney said could roll on, and this one is definitely smaller than the citi mini gt double. So what’s up, has something changed, did we misunderstand and doubles do have to be folded, or was this cm incorrect? I haven’t been following since I learned it was ok to roll them on (or so I thought). Have people been able to roll
double Strollers on without folding them?It’s frustrating that things aren’t uniform, and if you do have to fold them that is a bummer, as we thought maybe we had found a third group of resorts that we would like to stay at for convenience with twin toddlers after the monorail resorts and Epcot resorts.

I know there was a size limit but after the"accident" they only allow 1 single stroller to be unfolded. Doubles or 2nd stroller has to be folded.

I'm strangely happy how quite this thread has become. It means everything is working as it should. Can't wait to use it next week.
There was apparently a small issue last night. From another site:

From what we could see, a gondola appeared to be stuck transferring from the stationary, ADA load platform (used for wheelchairs, ECVs and other guests that may need more time to board) to the main line. Once they did get that once-stuck gondola in motion, it visibly had a hard time transferring to the main line as cast members, security, and those tasked with maintaining the Skyliner looked on. Guests in line to ride the Skyliner to Art of Animation and Pop Century remained there through all of this.

There was apparently a small issue last night. From another site:

From what we could see, a gondola appeared to be stuck transferring from the stationary, ADA load platform (used for wheelchairs, ECVs and other guests that may need more time to board) to the main line. Once they did get that once-stuck gondola in motion, it visibly had a hard time transferring to the main line as cast members, security, and those tasked with maintaining the Skyliner looked on. Guests in line to ride the Skyliner to Art of Animation and Pop Century remained there through all of this.
The article I read neglected to mention how long the event was but I'm assuming it was short of we would have heard more about it.

My parents are at Disney now with my niece and nephew, and they tried to take a double stroller onto the sky liner and were told they had to fold it up, that they couldn’t wheel it on. It is a smaller double, the ZOE xl2 I believe. I know I asked a few weeks ago and the citi mini gt double was smaller than the size Disney said could roll on, and this one is definitely smaller than the citi mini gt double. So what’s up, has something changed, did we misunderstand and doubles do have to be folded, or was this cm incorrect? I haven’t been following since I learned it was ok to roll them on (or so I thought). Have people been able to roll
double Strollers on without folding them?It’s frustrating that things aren’t uniform, and if you do have to fold them that is a bummer, as we thought maybe we had found a third group of resorts that we would like to stay at for convenience with twin toddlers after the monorail resorts and Epcot resorts.
I haven’t heard any official reports since the Skyliner reopened on Sep 15th but it would make sense that they’re asking for all double strollers to be folded to ensure guests can load safely. With the gondolas moving through the station slowly as people load I can see them wanting to be sure nothing bumps the doors. Double strollers are not much narrower than the open doors so this may have changed for safety reasons. Also, I was seeing videos even before the accident Sep 6 where guests with double strollers were folding them.

It’s likely at the discretion of the CM.

It’s likely at the discretion of the CM.
I’m not doubting you, but that’s crazy and I hope as time goes on they settle into a defined rule! I even think a hard no is better than a maybe- we would either have to have all of the junk removed and the stroller folded or not- so finding out last minute wouldn’t be a good plan. Smart or not we load the stroller differently in the parks when we know we’ll have to fold it than when we will be able to take the monorail back or walk. We go to great lengths to avoid having to fold the stroller, including walking through Epcot to get to the MK from Epcot resorts at times!
Plus that will make guests give the CMs that don’t allow it a hard time if they were allowed earlier in the day or trip, and while I understand the CMs and different crowd circumstances, etc I would also understand where the guests would be coming from in that situation. I know they had initially given allowed dimensions and were supposed to allow them, at least based on those, so maybe as the accident gets further into the past (hopefully!) they will slowly start to relax things like that again?

I would appreciate any firsthand reports on double strollers being allowed or not allowed, we won’t have a trip with a double stroller until February so we have some time for things to settle.

I’m not doubting you, but that’s crazy and I hope as time goes on they settle into a defined rule! I even think a hard no is better than a maybe- we would either have to have all of the junk removed and the stroller folded or not- so finding out last minute wouldn’t be a good plan. Smart or not we load the stroller differently in the parks when we know we’ll have to fold it than when we will be able to take the monorail back or walk. We go to great lengths to avoid having to fold the stroller, including walking through Epcot to get to the MK from Epcot resorts at times!
Plus that will make guests give the CMs that don’t allow it a hard time if they were allowed earlier in the day or trip, and while I understand the CMs and different crowd circumstances, etc I would also understand where the guests would be coming from in that situation. I know they had initially given allowed dimensions and were supposed to allow them, at least based on those, so maybe as the accident gets further into the past (hopefully!) they will slowly start to relax things like that again?

I would appreciate any firsthand reports on double strollers being allowed or not allowed, we won’t have a trip with a double stroller until February so we have some time for things to settle.
There are so many different types of strollers it’s hard to be standard. They could make a rule that all doubles have to be folded or something. It’s also still new and things are being learned. As with anything at Disney things change and things vary from CM to CM. You likely won’t know for sure until you go and it may vary by each ride.

There are so many different types of strollers it’s hard to be standard. They could make a rule that all doubles have to be folded or something. It’s also still new and things are being learned. As with anything at Disney things change and things vary from CM to CM. You likely won’t know for sure until you go and it may vary by each ride.
The standard was giving a maximum size size allowed, which they did, that was the whole point of that. However they appear to be not following it, or doing it at each CMs whim. I do concede, though, that the accident is likely changing things and will have to settle before we know the final standard. My point is that varying with each ride is not acceptable. There is nothing I can do about it, if that turns out to be the case, but it’s a ridiculous method and will lead to way more guest dissatisfaction and arguments than having a clear rule. Even if I (or others, and there’s no way to please everyone) disagree with the rule.

However they appear to be not following it, or doing it at each CMs whim. I do concede, though, that the accident is likely changing things and will have to settle before we know the final standard. My point is that varying with each ride is not acceptable. There is nothing I can do about it, if that turns out to be the case, but it’s a ridiculous method and will lead to way more guest dissatisfaction and arguments than having a clear rule. Even if I (or others, and there’s no way to please everyone) disagree with the rule.
What you said could be applied to so many things with Disney unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter