Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

The previews today were very early, when it was cool. It's a little premature to declare they aren't hot.
The air will turn over about once every 2 to 3 seconds, there will be not time for it to heat up. You will have a wind chill effect and be in the shade. These will feel no warmer than sitting in the shade to eat lunch with a some wind.

Guess so was thinking even more than that going to DHS first thing in the morning (especially if they keep up some form of the extra extra morning hours) - but maybe you are right and will be more even than in my mind

And to be clear, definitely not picturing this being any huge issue or anything, more just curious about the operational details ... Guess my inner engineer coming out
Yeah, I know where you are coming from. I just don't see the POP line running at capacity for a continuous period of time, but especially not only for one park early in the morning. It'll take a lot of people all getting up, leaving and wanting to go to the same place all at the same time to push the capacity limit and at least on a normal day that isn't how people work.

Can you tell me when the actual ride starts? The video is over two hours long and yeah, not wasting that much time on it.

The actual ride starts at 36 minutes into the video and it is very difficult to see anything due to the wrap, other than when he shows the door.

The video actually shows all the runs, though, so while they are in a gondola with a wrap for the first wrap, they are in unwrapped gondolas for the next few. :) The view is so nice in the unwrapped ones!

Excuse me if its being negative about trying to squeeze 10 people in to a confined space for a period of time in which you are not suppose to be standing.

You said it yourself, people are not allowed to stand. Plus the signs say that each car holds a maximum of 10 people. The CMs are keeping an eye on the loading process. If they see that one car is completely full with 7 or 8 people, then they won't instruct 2 or 3 more to enter that car. They'll start loading the next one instead.

This is a huge thread to go through so if the answer is somewhere, I apologize! Does anyone know (or have a rough gues-timate) on how high off the ground the gondolas are? The ones that go over water don't look all that high off the ground, however some of the POV shots make it seem that they are pretty up there. I know pictures are deceiving so was wondering if anyone who has actually seen them would be able to weigh in.

MY DH isn't fond of heights so we are trying to determine if we will be riding these. He couldn't do Soarin', but loves FOP so I'm guessing it will be a toss up!
Orlando Sentinel says 15-60 feet. Lowest segment is over Hourglass Lake between Pop & AoA. The highest segment is on the Epcot line over CBR, where the cabins pass over 3-story buildings.

Orlando Sentinel says 15-60 feet. Lowest segment is over Hourglass Lake between Pop & AoA. The highest segment is on the Epcot line over CBR, where the cabins pass over 3-story buildings.

Thank you so much! That is incredibly helpful :)

The videos are nice. Seems like a very calm/relaxing way to travel to and from the parks.

The rescue/service roads under the Skyliner path makes me question how much the Skyliner system can be expanded under modern environmental laws.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter