Disney Shuttle from CDG

tclowe

Mouseketeer
Quick Questions:

Where do we board the Disney shuttle from CDG to DLP? I think I read Gate 30, but noticed that there are two Gate 30, one on departure level and another on arrival level. Which level should we be at? Can I buy the tickets for the shuttle from the bus driver? Is there extra charge for luggage?

Thanks

Hi

Yes, you can purchase tickets from the driver of the coach and there is no extra charge for luggage. I can't remember where abouts the coach was, but it is pretty clearly signposted IMO.

Richard. :)

I'm fairly certain that the shuttle goes from the Departure level. It can get confusing though. When we last flew into Terminal 1 we arrived at Gate 30 with what we thought was perfect timing for the next shuttle, and waited and waited and waited. Of course, we were on the wrong level!!

I believe it's the departures level. Even if I'm wrong, it definately is the lowest level - you will have to take the lift down from arrivals in order to get the coach.

Thanks everyone. It always help to know where I am going in a new place. Have to stay one step ahead of those pesky pickpockets.

Cynthia

I hope someone is still reading this thread who can help me make a decision.

I am flying into CDG at 7:30 and just realized that the shuttle doesn't start running until 8:30. Knowing that (a) this is one of my park days, (b) I will definitely be needing a nap as soon as I can check into my hotel, and (c) every minute on this trip counts, I am not looking forward to sitting around for an hour trying to fend off sleep (not to mention the pesky pickpockets) and getting more and more anxious by the minute.

Looking at the public transport map, it looks like I'd have to ride all the way into Paris and then back out to Disneyland. If that's the case, the stress of finding my way around the trains with my luggage probably isn't worth it. Is there another option, other than the obvious taxi? Or should I just load up on caffeine and enjoy the airport?

Jen-

Although I have never been to France (but planning), it would seem to me it takes time to get your luggage (do you have to go thru customs?) & then find your way to the shuttle area. It may take an hour or more. I wouldn't worry too much. Do some people watching if you're early.

Oh, yeah - have a great time too!

Geri

DocRafiki, I agree with Geri. You're probably flying into Terminal 1, which is a big place and can take quite a while to get through. You've got to pick up your luggage and get through customs, so, presuming you arrive on time, 8.30 sounds like a perfect time to catch the shuttle without panicking!!

Don't even contemplate the hassle of travelling into Paris and out again if you're tired and want to avoid pickpockets. Just wait for your Disney shuttle and have a snooze once you're on!

Have fun :D

Well, even though we arrive when the Disney shuttle is operating, I am still debating about the sanity of hauling all our luggage from Terminal 1, hop on the free shuttle to Terminal 2, to purchase tixs to get on the TGV. I have written down the train schedule just in case! Boy, it is a lot more fun to take a 10 - 15 minute train ride from CDG to Disneyland Paris vs. sitting in a Disney bus while they gather passengers at different locations at the airport, then it is another 45 minutes before reaching Disneyland. Plus, the Disney shuttle has to go from hotel to hotel dropping people off.

Doc, I feel your need for Disney Magic as soon as the plane lands on French soil!!!

Have a good time. Cynthia

Oh, well I feel better. I didn't consider all that. You guys are great! I've never been through customs before, so I have no idea of what to expect. I know I'll be wishing I had brushed up on some French lessons.

BTW-- what is the proper way to let people know you don't understand French?
Parlez-vous Anglais?
Je ne parle pas Francais?
I want to keep my rudeness to a minimum :)

tclowe-- there is a TGV from CDG to DLP? (and the lurker says HUH?:p) I have missed this completely. All my maps show are routes radiating out from the city.

Yes, Jen:

Only 10 minutes from CDG to DLP on TGV. check out www.sncf.com (click the British flag in the corner), click Timetable, then enter Aeroport CDG2 tgv for Departure and Marne La Vallee Chessy for Destination and do the date and time that you are interested in. 20.50 euro per person for 2nd class. I think DLP is the first stop after the airport.

Wish we weren't hauling so much luggage, a stroller, grandma, and 4 year old rugrat. Would hop on the TGV without a second thought! After all this talk, probably wind up taking the Disney shuttle!!

Have a good time.

I did consider the TGV once - 10-15 minutes sounds so much better than the shuttle. But - you have to find the correct internal shuttle to haul all your stuff over to the right stop at Terminal 2, then get on the train, then take all your stuff up the escalators once you reach the station at Disney and then either carrry your stuff or get a Disney bus to your hotel, and these buses aren't right outside the station doors either. Another possible drawback is that you may have to purchase your TGV ticket for a certain timed train, so I don't know what happens if your plane is delayed or you miss it.

Or you can find the Disney Shuttle just outside your terminal and then sit comfortably for on it for a little while longer and enjoy a look at the different Disney hotels when they drop people off (assuming your not staying at the Newport Bay which is the first stop anyway)! :D

JMHO

Hmmm--- thanks for the info! Wonder why that's not on the map? So I could possibly get there an hour earlier (don't know if that's a good thing-- might want to nap on that 45-minute bus ride). I'm traveling light, don't think luggage will be a problem. I'll just see what's available and easiest when I get there, I guess.

ARGH! I HATE CDG!!!!! They need to just tear down the whole place and start all over!

Finding the shuttle was NOT easy. Nothing is labeled clearly there. And the lady at the information desk was NO help (have to remember to write a complaint letter) and made me want to cry!

I am glad I didn't try to take the train-- I'm sure that would have been even more frustrating.

The chick at the Eurostar info booth was a piece of garbage as well. As IF she didn't know that the train left Paris from Gare du Nord. Give me a break!!! That is the most basic piece of information, and information is her job! Perhaps she also doesn't know that it goes to England? :rolleyes:

Other than that and a few other frustrations with language and figuring out the way they do things over there, all in all it was a great experience. I don't recommend going solo, though.

try www.vea.fr/uk/

this is a timetaable for the disney shuttles from CDG, they cost 14euros per trip and it tells you exactly where to pick up the bus to ur hotel, just fill in the details and it will give you the best time to catch ur bus

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!