Disney Riviera Resort

Most of the guesses I've seen on other boards (e.g. mouse owners) is that this would come in just under BLT (so lower than VGF as well), but no one knows. I'd personally be really surprised to see a resort that isn't walkable to any park and is near Epcot come in higher than BLT, which is walkable and right next to MK. But I guess we'll see!

I agree that I think look to BLT for the point structure, with three room categories.

This is very confusing to me. I thought it was to be a DVC only resort, but the general public will be able to make reservations first? What is going on? Am I understanding correctly??? :confused3

Before a resort is sold out, Disney only declares a certain percent of the resort for DVC. Usually starts around 25%. Even Copper Creek is only 86% declared. The part that isn't declared is available for Disney to rent for cash. So initially there's a lot of cash rooms. Timing is likely no coincidence to Star Wars opening.

I must have missed the feature pool picture before.
It seems similar to several other Deluxe pools...but also doen’t seem to offer any advantage over the moderate CBR pool.

I must have missed the feature pool picture before.
It seems similar to several other Deluxe pools...but also doen’t seem to offer any advantage over the moderate CBR pool.
Pool side bar/dining I believe which is a little better than just the typical moderate pool bar. Also Fantasia themed kids area. Looks like a bigger complex than moderate resorts too.

Thanks, interesting.

So it appear those block walls end up vine covered, just there for some visuals and separation. Looks pretty good. Decent slide, certainly no SAB.
I gotta be honest, I'm glad it's not SAB. I personally don't like SAB, nor do I think it's big enough to serve both regular resorts PLUS the DVC component. This pool looks PLENTY big, and that looks like a decent slide.

I'm most curious about the point chart, especially with the actual revelation that the 2-person studios are REALLY happening.

You can now make reservations on the WDW website for the Riveria starting on December 15. There is a tower studio available that only sleeps 2 adults. The bedding is a convertible sofa. There are photos of the different room types on the website.

I gotta be honest, I'm glad it's not SAB. I personally don't like SAB, nor do I think it's big enough to serve both regular resorts PLUS the DVC component. This pool looks PLENTY big, and that looks like a decent slide.

I'm most curious about the point chart, especially with the actual revelation that the 2-person studios are REALLY happening.

Agreed. :thumbsup2

I'd take CBR's pool over this one.

And $600/night for a studio?! I get paying that at BLT where you can walk to the MK, but paying that much for a murphy bed and a Gondola ride (which you can get at POP)? I don't get it....

I'd take CBR's pool over this one.

And $600/night for a studio?! I get paying that at BLT where you can walk to the MK, but paying that much for a murphy bed and a Gondola ride (which you can get at POP)? I don't get it....
As a DVC owner, I’ll enjoy trying it out on my points.
But if I need to add on cash room nights, I haven’t seen any Rivera feature that would make paying hundred(s)/night more than CBR.

I’m sure it will feel nicer walking into the Villa vs the mods and values (all existing ones feel better to me, but it’s difficult justifying the cost of better at rack rates)

The zero entry areas are nice, and the slide looks fun. But, DH and I LOVE SAB. I was thinking/hoping this would have an amazing pool area - at least a lazy river. So, I’m a bit “meh” on it. In the back of my mind, I was thinking we might buy some points there. But with all the recent changes and now seeing these pictures/renderings, I am pretty sure we’re going to pass and just try to trade our points for a night or two to try it out.

The zero entry areas are nice, and the slide looks fun. But, DH and I LOVE SAB. I was thinking/hoping this would have an amazing pool area - at least a lazy river. So, I’m a bit “meh” on it. In the back of my mind, I was thinking we might buy some points there. But with all the recent changes and now seeing these pictures/renderings, I am pretty sure we’re going to pass and just try to trade our points for a night or two to try it out.

That pool is very disappointing. I mean, Cabanna Bay, a Uni Mod has a better pool. CBR arguably has a better pool. I don't get why they went so blah with it. Different strokes, I guess...

That pool is very disappointing. I mean, Cabanna Bay, a Uni Mod has a better pool. CBR arguably has a better pool. I don't get why they went so blah with it. Different strokes, I guess...

The only thing I can think is that they don’t want the pool area to be so enticing that people don’t want to go to the parks or water parks.

Aren't the pools at the 3 Mods better than most of the Deluxe's with the exception of SAB?

How drilled down has anyone gotten on the Disney website. Looks like the restaurants have been named and set:

Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera
Inspired by Europe’s cliffside restaurants, this rooftop dining experience is projected to open in fall 2019. Perched atop Disney’s Riviera Resort, Topolino’s Terrace is designed to delight all the senses—and will offer stunning vistas and regional dishes of the Italian and French Riviera served straight from the expo kitchen.

Indulge in an unforgettable signature dinner experience accompanied by sights of nearby nighttime spectaculars at Epcot or Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Or, rise early and stop by for breakfast done the Disney way, with a prix-fixe Disney Character Dining experience.

Le Petit Café
Look forward to freshly brewed coffee and sumptuous wines at this lobby locale. Le Petit Café will invite you to gather with lattes and loved ones while you relax between the day’s adventures—or grab a flute-full of something sparkling as the café transforms into a bustling wine bar. The menu will also feature scrumptious treats and sweets, which you could enjoy alfresco under the stars.

Bar Riva
Fanciful afternoons await at a poolside hotspot that will serve delectable bites and beverages. Bar Riva will offer scenic views where you can enjoy long, laughter-filled lunches featuring European- and Mediterranean-inspired cuisine—as well as cocktails and refreshing drinks made to order.

Primo Piatto
This quick-service trattoria will serve up tasty food throughout the day—as well as bites to grab and go.

Pool Areas
A family-friendly pool area will invite you to swim, splash and play—while a more serene pool will offer relaxation.

At the Riviera Pool, sun umbrellas will dot the grounds as the inviting waters cast a warm, golden glow upon the surrounding stucco façades. Pure vacation bliss awaits at this family-friendly pool, which will also feature a pool slide that winds around a stately column tower. And little mademoiselles and messieurs are sure to make a splash at S’il Vous Play, an interactive water play area for kids that’s inspired by the grand public fountains of Europe—featuring a ballet of friendly Fantasia characters.

For a quieter afternoon, Beau Soleil Pool will beckon you to unwind alongside shimmering waters in a soothing setting.

Still no concept art for the rooms huh? (Unless I missed it).

I know Florida timeshare law is weird, but I think it’s stranger if they can’t post room art but can set a date to put said nonpictured rooms up for sale

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter