Disney Riviera Resort

Disney has really done an amazing job of marketing themselves. I see people unhappy because a bank fee went up a few dollars or because a satellite company charges too much but there is a sense of resignation when it comes to Disney which is fascinating. People might change banks or cut satellite but will pay whatever Disney charges with no more than a shrug.

Disney is worth it according to many. If there is a line I wonder where it is. I don't really think that there is one.

There really isn't a line.

For me, they may put prices up but then i will see where I can save money else where, whether it's food while in Orlando, who we fly with or even down to my own household bills.

While the Disney price increases are not welcome, I'll find the money to continue going

Let's hope that doesn't happen again. Not sure we could take it. I was 28, my clients had included Bear and Lehman and I was working in NYC when the Dow hit 6. It was pretty darn dark times then. I think we're quick to forget how in just 9 years things have turned around - the deals at WDW were incredible in the following years though:)

I just talking to a friend who's son lives in the Boston area. Houses are going on the market and are up for bid. A house they wanted went up at $570,000 - they offered $650,000 and they didn't get it. If that's not an example of "We're going to see 2008 all over again" I don't know what is. Houses in prime markets are again inflating prices at 20-30% per year. Unsustainable.

And anyways, whether it happens in 2 years or 20 years, economic downturns WILL happen. Disney will get hit hard when this happens.

I just talking to a friend who's son lives in the Boston area. Houses are going on the market and are up for bid. A house they wanted went up at $570,000 - they offered $650,000 and they didn't get it. If that's not an example of "We're going to see 2008 all over again" I don't know what is. Houses in prime markets are again inflating prices at 20-30% per year. Unsustainable.

And anyways, whether it happens in 2 years or 20 years, economic downturns WILL happen. Disney will get hit hard when this happens.

I live in Nashville, I get it...but the banks aren't in the position they were then. Not at all. Common people will be hurt and ergo, Wall Street will suffer, but it won't be nearly as scary as 2008. I don't think we'll have huge 100+ year old multinational banks going under again for a while. Recessions will happen. Systemic banking industry crisis are different.

Disney has really done an amazing job of marketing themselves. I see people unhappy because a bank fee went up a few dollars or because a satellite company charges too much but there is a sense of resignation when it comes to Disney which is fascinating. People might change banks or cut satellite but will pay whatever Disney charges with no more than a shrug.

Disney is worth it according to many. If there is a line I wonder where it is. I don't really think that there is one.

This exactly. That being said, of course, we are on a Disney Fan site. A self selected section of people who have already self selected several times. I never understood when I would read people on this or the other boards I started at first who would think that people on these boards weren't representative of the real world in that they were more harsh on disney. In particular I remember this about the New Fast pass system, people kept saying basically that only people on these boards who were overly negative about disney didn't like it, real world people will love it etc etc ...

Anyway, this is a great example of to what length people will go on these boards to defend / make excuses for Disney, as compared to what the "real world" thinks. These same people will of course complain if their insurance goes up $10 or their daily cup of coffee goes up 0.10, or their bank charges an extra $2 a month. Call it an outrage and greed. But disney cranks the prices up ? Its A-OK. Or Its "your choice" if you want to go or not, "no one is forcing you to go" ... "stay home, more room for me" etc.

If we all actually held the place(s) that we hold so dear and insist is/are so worthy of the praise to a higher standard and didn't excuse their cutbacks and price increases, maybe we would all actually be getting a little more for our hard earned money from the place we choose to spend that money and our precious time ???

There is a line. Many people have already reached it. The line is different for everyone.

The issue, as I see it, is the growing population and the growing number of people who can afford to go to WDW. With every person who reaches "the line," it seems at least two others become able to afford a WDW vacation and are willing to spend the money for it. If prices were to stay the same and not go up as they have been, then crowds would be even worse than they are now. And they are pretty bad now. I guess I see high prices as a form of crowd control.

Whether the supply issue, if you want to call it that, is artificially low or not, the fact remains that the parks and resorts are crowded at current prices/rates. I imagine they would be much more crowded at lower rates.

As a Disney consumer, I'm not sure which is worse: Higher prices and lower crowds, or lower prices and higher crowds. Though I think if I had to choose between the two, I'd choose the former. At least, as long as I haven't reached my "line."

Hope there's no rebellion on the new tower blocking Illuminations.

38014481635_a679187c3e_o.jpg

Grabbed a few more if interested.

25029433368_2bee86ac7e_o.jpg

27124504389_92e599d496_o.jpg

27124259979_ed8562bd8a_o.jpg

Hope there's no rebellion on the new tower blocking Illuminations.

38014481635_a679187c3e_o.jpg

Grabbed a few more if interested.

25029433368_2bee86ac7e_o.jpg

27124504389_92e599d496_o.jpg

27124259979_ed8562bd8a_o.jpg
Thank you so much for posting these pictures! I've heard by summer everything will be done except Yower and Skyliner, what do you think of that? Once center town, and lobby area are all set does the tower construction really impact that much? Thanks!!!

Thank you so much for posting these pictures! I've heard by summer everything will be done except Yower and Skyliner, what do you think of that? Once center town, and lobby area are all set does the tower construction really impact that much? Thanks!!!

I would say pretty much no impact as the tower is not all that close. So yea, if the rest is complete it (CBR) should be in pretty good shape even with the Tower and Skyliner still being worked on.

Thanks for the pics! When the scrims that are printed as “foliage” show up in the pictures (like the first one @Flyerjab posted above), it always messes with my mind! :rotfl:

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere on the thread - from the DVC Annual Meeting:

Disney’s Riviera Resort will feature a rooftop restaurant with a nighttime view of nighttime spectaculars at Epcot and Hollywood studio.

Not that this is a surprise - but good confirmation. No mention that the ROOMS will have views of both shows though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter