Disney Resort Picture of the Day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AKL In October

AKLodge020.jpg

This is always nostalgic for me as this is the first thing we saw on our first trip to WDW. We had always been to Disneyland all of our lives and in 1996 we were in our early 40's and arrived in Orlando at night. We came in on the "Central Florida Greenway" and after seeing some of the developement we were suddenly surrounded by dark forest and saw our first purple sign. We came to an off ramp to the road I wanted and there was the OKW water tower. Even though I had researched the trip (too much) and new all about the layout it was so exciting to realize how different (and huge) WDW was going to be compared to DL.

I'm glad I could bring a good memory back to you :)

IMG_0645.jpg

The pics of riverside were taken in may of 06.

We always find that mid-late may just before memorial weekend to be the best time at disneyworld. The weather is near perfect...sunny around 80-85 and the wait times to be around 15-30mins max for most attractions.

I do want to visit during Christmas sometime though. We did Disneyland last October in California. It was our first time!!

You should look into a carriage ride around Port Orleans, my boyfriend and I did this on our last visit and got a great, romantic tour of the resort. :goodvibes

oh we did that this summer.. it was so romantic and just perfect! We did it the night before our disney wedding.. actually I surprised my hubby with the carriage ride!!

KCmike: thanks for the response.. maybe I'll have to take a trip in May and stay at riverside, I just can't get over how gorgeous and sunny those pictures are, plus I love all the shade from the trees and the perfect green grass. Makes me want to have a picnic with my sweetie, take a stroll, then go for a dip in the pool! :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!