Disney Quest, what do you think of it?

HaleyB

I am not a robot
It has been a really long time since our last time to WDW (we go to WDL all the time though, so don't feel too sorry for me :smooth: )

So this Disney Quest thing is all new to me. Do you love it? Hate it? What is it really like?

I am thinking we will love it. My DH writes code and is in general a computer dork, my 16 year old owns all 3 major game systems and upgrades his desk top computer every two years to get the latest and greatest video card (whatever that means) I can take or leave most video games, but am a sim junkie, and my younger two (9 and 6) are following in their older brothers footsteps.

How long are the lines and what are the must do's of DQ? Do we need to plan a whole day, or would a whole day be overkill? Just want to hear what you all think on this,

I think that you will love it. I went during the offseason on a Sunday and lines were not a problem although there were plenty of people there. I would imagine that it would be quite uncomfortable if there were large crowds. Based on your family description, I would say that you should plan a whole day for DQ and Downtown Disney in general. No doubt, your family will want to spend alot of time in Disney Quest. My DBF spent a total af about 7 hours in there and felt like we had done it all ( a couple of times). You have a larger group so it will probably take longer. I really liked all of the old Atari and Nintendo games they had. Very nostalgic. We both loved Cyberspace Mountain! We rode this so many times! He really liked the Pirates and Jungle Cruise virtual reality things. Have fun!

We are a similar family to yours as far as "likes and dislikes", my boys loved DisneyQuest. We've always gone one of the first couple days of the week, right when it opens and have had it pretty much no lines for a couple of hours. Your kids, DH and probably you too, will love it. By the end of the week, people are starting to do the "non park" stuff, so I always thought the beginning of the week when most people hit the parks, was a good time to do it.

Thanks for the replies, that was fast.

I think your advice to go early in the week is a great idea! I hadn't really thought of it that way...

We loved it when it was in Chicago :( . We were surprised when the announcement was made that it was closing, especially since Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for Buccaneer Gold had just opened.

I suppose I am in the "like it" but not necessarily "love it" category. I tend to travel alone and DisneyQuest is really the only place I have felt like I couldn't do everything because of that. Lots of things requiring at least two people. I'm sure I would be in the "love it" camp if I was with someone.

With your family dynamics, sounds like you'd be lucky to pry the kids out of the place.

Solotraveler:earsboy:

:sunny: I don't care for video games, but loved Disney Quest! My daughters 12, 10 & 7 do like video games somewhat (they play them maybe once a week or so) and they too loved DQ. I would alot yourself a day and if you all leave quicker than expected you can venture around Downtown Disney. :sunny: Enjoy!::yes::

THey'll LOVE it!

a 5 story indoor interactive theme park (aka a HUGE arcade)

When our group went in June, it was the hit of all the teens. They told me next time to plan on a full day devoted to DQ.

Are the games included in the entrance fee? We'll be going in May and will have UPH passes. If games are not included in entrance fee, what is the average price to play games??

Sounds like it could be fun!! Hadn't really thought about taking my Ds9 and Dd7 but they do like video games!

This last vacation (first week of Dec.) was our first time to have DQ included in our passes. I liked it the first night, it was exciting to try out some new things with my DH, DD3 and DS6. My DD3 tired of it though after the first hour and I was done after a couple of hours that first night. Well........I became a DQ "widow" :rolleyes: . Next day, while at a major park waiting for a parade (one we had never seen BTW) DH moans about "wasting time that he could be playing at DQ". That was at AK and it closes at 5pm. We rushed out of there so he could eat supper at Boma and then on to DQ until it closed. He and DS spent Fri. and Sat. day there while I took DD to MK and Epcot. They met us for supper Sat. night at Epcot and then it was back to DQ for them for the last 2 hours. Neither of them wanted to stay for Illuminations or run over to MK for Spectro (MK was open until 11pm that night). Beware, DQ may be all they can think about once they experience it. Oh, and to answer your question, I think they will want a full day, a few hours won't cut it.

Like all the other parks, once you enter you only have to pay for food and giftshops. All the activities are included in the entrance price (I refuse to say they are free :) )

strawberryblonde... As a father, husdband, video/computer game buff, and network engineer... that is just sad:rolleyes: I really enjoyed DQ, but like everything else in WDW you can not do/see it all. We do things as a family. Well, our teens (17, 16) have freedom to roam, but we always get together for family activities. Next time I suggest the DQ lovers to select a (meaning one) day and stick to it.

DH and I like DQ and easily spend 2-3 hrs there. I love the 'bumper cars' (can't remember the name). BIG TIP****** bring wet wipes/baby wipes for this ride. You roll over balls (asteroids) in your vehicle and they get sucked in and you put them in the cannon and shoot them at the other cars to send them out of control. I got out of the ride and my hands were FILTHY!!!

Thanks for all the info guys. I will plan on a day. My DH and oldest can always get more time in while I take the little ones for afternoon breaks too.

Glad to hear positvie reviews for DisneyQuest! We'll be experiencing DisneyQuest for the first time in about a week!

Diznee25

I am glad to hear DQ has improved, my DH and I were very disappointed with our last visit this Spring. We found many things in need of repair or refurbishment, the floors and restrooms were dirty. The only bright spot was the gift shop next door. We will have to check DQ out again.

All of the activities are free except for those machines that dispense coupons to be redeemed for prizes, and optionally getting hard copies of the paintings or things you can make on video screens.

Just don't put coins or credit cards into any of the machines. Some machines have an extra round green button (a bit smaller than a dime) that you must push first and then push the regular start button.

I never found DQ dirty although I occasionally found machines malfunctioning in one fashion or another.

Unlimited Magic and Premium Annual passes are the only ones that include Disney Quest, and come in handy for those who like to make multiple short visits.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

<small>
9/65 Disneyland
3/75 *World Inn (now Doubletree Club)
4/85 *Kon-Tiki (now Econolodge Hawaiian)
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
9/97 All Star Music
11/98 ASMu & first premium annual pass
12/98 *Knights Inn on 192
9/99 All Star Movies
12/00 All Star Sports & PAP#2
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
1/03 *Motel 6 & ASSp & PAP#3
11/03 ASMu
* off site
</small>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter