Disney putting people before profits?

best days

Earning My Ears
I almost choked on my filet mignon when Pete said on the most recent podcast that Disney always put people before profits. He obviously did not set foot in World of Disney the week everything shut down. It was just a mass of humanity and the cash registers were just a-chinging. And not a hand sanitizing station in sight.

I almost choked on my filet mignon when Pete said on the most recent podcast that Disney always put people before profits. He obviously did not set foot in World of Disney the week everything shut down. It was just a mass of humanity and the cash registers were just a-chinging. And not a hand sanitizing station in sight.

People chose to be there.
Personally I commend WDW for closing as soon as they did.

I also don't personally remember him saying they "ALWAYS" put people before profits - I believe he actually said (and meant) SINCE the pandemic started taking a hold. Because he also said he always has, and will, call them out when it's called for.

I, also, as everyone who comes here regularly knows - have been VERY cynical and jaded the last few years, with all the money grabs, etc. But - in this case - SINCE the pandemic started taking a hold - TOTALLY agree - they have been pretty awesome, and model-worthy, IMHO.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!