Disney provided Pack and Plays

cmorrison87

Earning My Ears
How are the Disney-provided pack and plays? We will be flying down for our trip and can't bring our own (which I usually do wherever we go). Are they really dirty? Is it worth it to buy a cheap one online and have it shipped to my room? I was also going to ship myself a thicker mattress as my son will be 22mos and I don't think he'll sleep on the thin mattress very well.

We ordered a pack and play in room for family last Christmas. They were staying at a different WDW resort from us so I only saw the aftermath as it was. I heard no complaints from the recipient (sleeping beauty) or her parents. Still, if you want to be especially sure just wash it down with Clorox and water before laying your precious one in.

Here are some commonly asked questions (including some about the existing mattress) about the p+ps as well as pictures:

https://blog.touringplans.com/2013/...d-hotel-room-getting-to-know-the-pack-n-play/

Should you opt to ship your own mattress down and then back up be sure the Disney provided sheets will fit still.

HTH

We have used the Pack and Plays twice at WDW. At 18 months and 2 years. My son did great sleeping in them and they were in great shape. I did bring my own sheet though.

Ours have been in great condition in villas at AKV-Kidani, VGF and Poly. The pack & play is kept in the closet in the villas and doesn’t travel around, not sure if that makes a difference vs. ones that are stored and delivered to the rooms.

I’m pretty picky about cleanliness and ours were all good. I just wiped it down to be sure but none of them have looked gross at all. I did bring my own sheets the first time, realized I didn’t need to because the sheets were fine and didn’t bring them again.

My kids are 13 now, but we used WDW's pack and play only once when they were tiny. One peed in it so I washed it out in the bathtub--the water turned black :crazy2:

Yuck! That's gross. I really think it might be worth ordering a cheap $35-$40 one for the week from Walmart and ship it to our room (free shipping). I admit, I'm a bit of a germaphobe. They also used to make covers that go on a standard pack and play that you could remove and wash, but I'm having trouble finding those too.

Yuck! That's gross. I really think it might be worth ordering a cheap $35-$40 one for the week from Walmart and ship it to our room (free shipping). I admit, I'm a bit of a germaphobe. They also used to make covers that go on a standard pack and play that you could remove and wash, but I'm having trouble finding those too.

Have you considered renting a crib? We rented one last year and it was very clean. The bedding was in a sealed bag. We were very happy with our decision.

Many times we have rented a full size crib from Kingdom Stollers. Each time it has been clean and the mattress is spotless. I bring my own regular size crib sheets. My children always wake themselves up in a pack n play. It’s roughly $10 a night I believe and worth every penny.

Many times we have rented a full size crib from Kingdom Stollers. Each time it has been clean and the mattress is spotless. I bring my own regular size crib sheets. My children always wake themselves up in a pack n play. It’s roughly $10 a night I believe and worth every penny.

That’s who we rented from. I even used their sheets. I don’t need a crib any more, but if I did, I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

We used the one in our Villa at SSR last year and it looked new. It was very clean, no stains or smells and the sheet with it was brand new in a sealed package. I don't know that the new sheet is norm though, or if we just got lucky. My son was just shy of 2 and didn't sleep the greatest in it, but he was also 35" and kept knocking up against the sides due to his height.

When my daughter was 2 yrs 11 months we stayed Club Level at the Contemporary. Multiple phone calls and emails assured us there would be a Pack n Play waiting in the closet at check-in. When we arrived around 4 pm there was not one in our closet nor in the closet in my dad's room. We made multiple calls and requests at the concierge desk and when one had not arrived by 11 pm, we just put her in the second queen bed and prayed for the best. One never arrived and she returned home to a big girl bed. Not the way I'd planned the transition but it worked out in the end. Just wanted to post this as a warning to not expect to have a Pack n Play provided even if promised.

We've had a Disney pack-n-play for our last 3 trips. Never had an issue with it being dirty - didn't even look used. I do wipe down the top and mat with a disinfectant wipe before use, and it never seemed to be dirty enough to turn bathtub water black. They provide sheets so baby isn't touching the mat. The sheets have always clean.
If you're concerned about germs I don't think renting would be any better.

We've had a Disney pack-n-play for our last 3 trips. Never had an issue with it being dirty - didn't even look used. I do wipe down the top and mat with a disinfectant wipe before use, and it never seemed to be dirty enough to turn bathtub water black. They provide sheets so baby isn't touching the mat. The sheets have always clean.
If you're concerned about germs I don't think renting would be any better.

I know that the company I rented from cleans the items after they’re returned. I’m not sure that Disney cleans those Pack n Plays (although they obviously launder the sheets).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter