Disney Premier Visa Card 2% earnings on DVC Annual Maintenance Fees

eMoneyBug

DIS Veteran
So I called Chase Disney Credit Card and the customer service rep confirmed that the Premier credit card does earn 2% on Disney Vacation Club Annual MFs.

Anybody doing this and happy with going this route even if its $49 Annual Fee credit card?

Have you calculated what extra 1% is for the maintenance fees? Is it enough to cover the $49 annual fee?

Also, many people get a Target Red Card, buy Disney gift cards at 5% off and use the Disney GC to pay the maintenance fees that way. Others churn Disney gift cards at higher % off too.

It might be worth it to sign up for the free (no annual fee) Chase Disney credit card for the $200 statement credit after spending $500 within the first three months of account opening, charge the annual fees (up to $500 worth to qualify for the statement credit) and then go the Disney GC route....

Have you calculated what extra 1% is for the maintenance fees? Is it enough to cover the $49 annual fee?

Also, many people get a Target Red Card, buy Disney gift cards at 5% off and use the Disney GC to pay the maintenance fees that way. Others churn Disney gift cards at higher % off too.

It might be worth it to sign up for the free (no annual fee) Chase Disney credit card for the $200 statement credit after spending $500 within the first three months of account opening, charge the annual fees (up to $500 worth to qualify for the statement credit) and then go the Disney GC route....

Dues right now only 365pt @SSR, but I'm in the market to add another contract. If my annual dues were $5K, figured the extra 1% or $50 would pay the annual fees and now my spends at Disney parks, etc would be eligible for the extra 1%. Doesn't sound as much as savings as the 5% GC idea. Hmmmmm, I wonder if I can put in the work for that though! Those that churn GCs, is it a lot of work or is it like 10minutes?

Do you want to use this card exclusively for the MF? Do you have another credit card with better rewards for other charges?

For many years, I had the Disney Visa/no fee. Finally two years ago, I went for the 2% Premier/$49 fee. I wanted to give it a try to see if it was worth it for me paying the fee. I still have both. I don't have any other cc and don't like to open accounts/stores too for extra discounts. Of course, I was offered the $200 after spending $500......so I got my money back anyway. I would have cancelled it if eventually not worth it but so far, it definitely has been worth it.

I charge all and anything I can charge without a feee (or defeats the whole purpose). I pay my bill monthly in full - if not, again defeats the whole purpose. 2% back on restaurants and groceries too I believe. I think gas too. I am forgetting everything. At the end of the year, I apply the rewards to my MF and again charge the balance on my Premier Card.

I'm a credit card junkie, so have the Chase Freedom and try to take advantage of the quarterly 5% wherever that might be. Have BofA for grocery and costco. Have Farmers Insurance CC cuz they have % on paying those auto/home bills and the gas is like 3% back I think. Have Hyatt & Marriott for that sign up bonus got us, but now we keep it to get a free night per year to offset the annual fee. Wife loves the 1 night get away so we keep it.

Yeah the Disney Premier is really just gonna be used for anything Disney related. Plus the bonus is now $250! When I saw that it was hard not to press on the Application!

It has been worth it for us. But each person needs to run the number and see if it makes sense for them.

Just got my latest statement, it has the $250 credit on there, so feels pretty cool. Pays the $49 annual maint for 5 years :)

The annual fee is absolutely worth it if you work it right. I’ve redeemed $1220 in rewards just since April 2019.

The annual fee is absolutely worth it if you work it right. I’ve redeemed $1220 in rewards just since April 2019.

I already have a credit card that gives me 2% back, but do not use it for MFs, as the Target RedCard move saves me 5%. 5% is greater than 2%, so I will always go that route as long as I can.

How does the Target Red Card thing work?
Target issues their own card (the Red Card) that is 5% back on all Target purchases. Disney GC count as merchandise and are eligible for the discount. Order them online for physical or e-delivery, use them to pay Disney expenses.

How does the Target Red Card thing work?
Target issues their own card (the Red Card) that is 5% back on all Target purchases. Disney GC count as merchandise and are eligible for the discount. Order them online for physical or e-delivery, use them to pay Disney expenses.
I used my Red Card to purchase tickets for an upcoming trip. The cost of 1 ticket was more than the maximum gift card available, $500. Disney website and a phone call with CM would not apply 2 gift cards to one ticket. The Disney GC site did not allow me to combine more than $1000 on a single GC. So I had combine two $500 gift cards, but 1 ticket, combine another two $500 GC, buy another ticket, and so on. Took about a half hour to get 7 tickets purchased while combining GC between each purchase. Plus now I have to keep up with 8-10 electronic GC in the unlikely event that a refund is issued (I know Disney tickets are non-refundable) since one in our party may not be able to make the trip. So yeah, I saved 5% but it took a lot more time than using a credit card. Not sure I would say it was worth it for $200 savings Even though it was a little cheaper than tickets from UT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!