Disney Plus?

BarbLynnM

ICMongeese
I recently got an email from what looks to be an official Disney sender--a Disney Destinations--that offered Disney Plus at a reduced rate because we're fans. I have no way to check whether this is legit or not, and so am turning to this board for answers/information. Hope this post isn't out of line, but I saw no other sub-forum that would cover my question.

I recently got an email from what looks to be an official Disney sender--a Disney Destinations--that offered Disney Plus at a reduced rate because we're fans. I have no way to check whether this is legit or not, and so am turning to this board for answers/information. Hope this post isn't out of line, but I saw no other sub-forum that would cover my question.

I got a flyer in the mail for Disney Plus since I have the Disney rewards Visa. It's an offer for either a 2 or 3 year subscription for either $120 or $170, saving $20 or $40 dollars. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney destinations is sending emails out. Is the discount the same and the same price?

I got a flyer in the mail for Disney Plus since I have the Disney rewards Visa. It's an offer for either a 2 or 3 year subscription for either $120 or $170, saving $20 or $40 dollars. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney destinations is sending emails out. Is the discount the same and the same price?

Yes, it was the same thing. It looked very official, like a Disney company email. The email stated we were being offered because we're "Disney fans." That alone made me suspicious, because while have annual passes, we don't have the visa card, and we're not dvc members. I'd already known about that through one of Pete Warners videos. When I noticed the email senders address I realized it may not be from Disney itself. If it's not an official Disney company, I don't know how they can offer the discount legally.

Welp, the savings would only have been $20 over a 2 year period; $10 per year isn't worth the aggravation this has given me lol.

Thank you for your response :)

Hello there, I missed out on the Disney Plus offer for the three years when it was offered during D23. If anyone has a code they've received and are not using it, I'd gladly take it off your hands. Thanks in advance!

From november 12 you can buy a bundle, Disney Plus, Hulu and ESPN. We are testing it in the Netherlands right now. Its super great.

Does anyone know if you'll have to stream it via a Firestick (or something) or will it be offered through cable companies, as well?

Does anyone know if you'll have to stream it via a Firestick (or something) or will it be offered through cable companies, as well?

I haven't heard about any cable companies offering it though their set-top boxes. You will need one of these supported devices:
  • Apple TV
  • iPad
  • iPhone
  • Android
  • Android TV
  • Chromecast
  • Roku/Roku TV
  • PlayStation 4
  • Xbox One
  • Desktop PC
Amazon Fire devices are not supported at this time, so you might consider one of the above options. Roku's are relatively inexpensive and are pretty standard. I recommend one with an ethernet port as Wi-Fi can vary speed wise, but that's really a personal preference.

I was afraid of that. I'm being dragged into the 21st century by my Mickey Ears.

Yeah, I kinda felt that way. I held on to my last TV for almost 20 years (it was an HD CRT - had such a lovely, warm picture). Eventually newer devices started to not be compatible with it, even with HDMI being available (1080i resolution is not supported much anymore). When my Nintendo Switch wasn't having it, that's what dragged me forward. I bought a 4K TV with Roku built in (TCL 6 Series - reasonably priced) and I do love it! If you just want a box though, Roku can be as cheap as 25 bucks, though I recommend getting the bigger one with the ethernet.

Woah! For anyone else that got the email with the 'website' link, it's a scam link. Don't search it up.

I see DIS as already removed it and I have learned a valuable lesson to check the thread before acting on a link sent in an email. Thank goodness for Norton. 🤪

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts