Disney Plus Discount?

Signed up .. took maybe 12 hours to get the REDEEM link to show up in My account details.

If I can convince the family to cancel Netflix and just stick with cable, Amazon Prime and Disney+ .. we'll come out way ahead. Unfortunately Disney+ doesn't have enough "show" content on it (yet) to satisfy them. I was disappointed at the severe lank of Disney and Disney Junior shows on Disney+ ..I guess they don't want to compete with cable.

Still .. hard to pass up on 3 years for $140 ..

Same. We signed up for a D23 general membership last night. It took 12-14 hours for the link to show up in the account. Signed up for Disney+ this morning.

For anyone wondering, they do go ahead and charge you. It took them no time to charge it to my card.

Pretty skeptical of another streaming service, but at about $4 a month, I bit. Plus, I get it all out of the way at once, and it doesn't hit my monthly budget. My kids are more likely to use it in the next three years than they are the three years after that, and I also suspect the price will only go up from here.

I had to open it in an incognito window because it keeps giving me the "You found a glitch" page that redirects to YouTube in my regular browser. Worked fine in the incognito window and I'm all signed up for Disney+.

ETA: Clearing cookies fixed it for regular Chrome.

Signed up today - it was easy - Remember that the special D23 pricing is only good thru September 2nd.

My final price for 3 years was $160.66 - the difference being Florida sales tax.

I called and asked if there are any special prices on bundles (ESPN and HULU and DISNEY+) and was told there are none at this time but they expect some in the future.

Thanks!!

As Moliphino said opening an incognito page worked for me in Chrome. Then instead of waiting for the email i clicked like "My Account" and it let me click to the promo from there. $140.97 here in GA

I just signed up for the d23 general membership. I will get disney plus probably for the rest of my life. Probably try on Friday to see if the Disney plus will go through. Like another poster had said likely Disney plus will go up in price within the three years so this is going to be a more of a savings of what it is now.

Last edited:

I made a silly Excel chart to prove to my husband that if we were to use Disney+, this is the deal for us to do.

Three years of Disney+ is $140.97. Our cable package includes ESPN, and we’re locked in to that til Jan 2021. ESPN is currently $5/month, so hypothetically if we needed to get ESPN after that it would be an additional $110 to the end of the three year mark. So total $250.97 to ensure three years of Disney+ and ESPN (assuming no increase or discounts for ESPN- there’s a discount for a year subscription right now, but I imagine it’ll go up over time anyways). Hulu on its own for three years is $216 ($6/month), so a grand total for us if we wanted all three and used the discount Disney+ and prorated ESPN is $466.97.

The combo package with ESPN and Hulu would be $468 ($13/month) over three years, so it would work out the same if we wanted all three covered for three years. That said, we don’t really care about Hulu- we don’t use it now, and the only show we’re directly interested that is only available on Hulu in is The Orville, so we could always pick up a month here and there as needed.

Again, this is assuming prices stay the same for three years, which isn’t a guarantee except for Disney+ and our cable package. But it’s a good estimate for now.

Summary: for us, the Disney+ discount works out best.

Signed up .. took maybe 12 hours to get the REDEEM link to show up in My account details.

If I can convince the family to cancel Netflix and just stick with cable, Amazon Prime and Disney+ .. we'll come out way ahead. Unfortunately Disney+ doesn't have enough "show" content on it (yet) to satisfy them. I was disappointed at the severe lank of Disney and Disney Junior shows on Disney+ ..I guess they don't want to compete with cable.

Still .. hard to pass up on 3 years for $140 ..

Last year Hulu had a $.99mo for 12mo promo around Black Friday. Its the basic service with commercials but really its $.99mo so it doesn't bother me.

No idea if they will continue this offer next Black Friday but if they do that is the way to go IMO

Last year Hulu had a $.99mo for 12mo promo around Black Friday. Its the basic service with commercials but really its $.99mo so it doesn't bother me.

No idea if they will continue this offer next Black Friday but if they do that is the way to go IMO

Man, I waffled about getting that last year and when I went to do it it was gone. I am definitely doing the D+ deal - my link has shown up (took a couple of days).

FYI for those thinking about signing up last minute, the offer will show up in your D23 account before you receive the email to redeem. Select my account and the offer will be there.

Do we know how many screens you can activate one account with? For example my Netflix account I can have on my phone and my iPad and my daughter’s iPad.

Also found out today, after I bought the 3 year discount, that Disney + won’t work if you are using an Amazon fire product
to stream your Netflix-prime-Disney+. At least not at start up. So I’ll have to buy different streaming device or a new smarter tv!
Charlie

Signed up today - it was easy - Remember that the special D23 pricing is only good thru September 2nd.

My final price for 3 years was $160.66 - the difference being Florida sales tax.

I called and asked if there are any special prices on bundles (ESPN and HULU and DISNEY+) and was told there are none at this time but they expect some in the future.

Thanks!!
Hi! Did you get an email receipt? I signed up yesterday morning. My card was definitely charged, but I did not receive an email confirmation as expected. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!