Disney Plus Characters

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
I know it’s not a huge deal but why can’t I find a hero for my 20 year old girl? My 21 year old son is Bobafet but there is no Rey or Hamora for my 20 year old daughter... like it’s infantacizing grown up female fans who have passed out of the Ariel phase... it’s either a princess or a villain- it’s just odd

Heros for young adults could be something more real than a princess., perhaps? A revered teacher or female leader? Someone outside Disney? Perhaps i miss understand the question?

Heros for young adults could be something more real than a princess., perhaps? A revered teacher or female leader? Someone outside Disney? Perhaps i miss understand the question?
When setting up an account on Disney Plus to watch the new Mandolian show we were able to create accounts for all 4 family members using Disney provided and related characters . They are limited. Her real life heroes are human- this is a character to identify with in the context of the App

I dunno - I feel like one can still like Ariel at 20, heck, I still like her at 41 (Maleficent is mine, though I'm a guy, but I love her). There could definitely be more choices in general though. Maybe Elasti-Girl or Mulan would be a good fit - I know they are on there.

EDIT: Oh, and Wasp is on there too - Evangeline Lilly's character from the Ant-Man movies. Black Widow might be as well, or Captain Marvel? They are all non-animated.

I know it’s not a huge deal but why can’t I find a hero for my 20 year old girl? My 21 year old son is Bobafet but there is no Rey or Hamora for my 20 year old daughter... like it’s infantacizing grown up female fans who have passed out of the Ariel phase... it’s either a princess or a villain- it’s just odd
Ahsoka Tano and Sabine Wren are on there, they are both awesome female hero characters.

I guess as my kids got older we just sort of shifted to a superhero family & the blockbuster females aren’t there as expected.

Don’t get me wrong, the princesses will always have a spot in our hearts, we spent many many hours waiting online to visit with Ariel when my daughter was little. But they’re not really forces to be reckoned with- which is odd because it seems to be OK to have that for guys. Like Bobafet is a merc so it’s not a principle thing - it’s just out of step. Kind of feels like my life in the 70s, my brother used to get power trucks like Firefox and flying helicopters and I got dolls- I wanted the erector sets and trucks but they weren’t pink so I didn’t get any. In fact I remember not being able to get a big wheels until they made a purple and white one, same goes for matchbox my brother used to get tons and my parents used to say they would try to find one for me (meant I would need to wait for them to find ones with girl colors) - just saying it’s out of step

Last edited:

I still love Ariel... I feel personally attacked. :rotfl2:

In all seriousness, it's still in the launch phase. It does seem like to me that they have added characters since day one. I don't remember seeing Oswald on launch day.

Not having characters like Rey or Captain Marvel does seem like a pretty big oversight, but I'm sure that they're going to add more. Until then, Ahsoka Tano is the best character in all of Star Wars.

I know it’s not a huge deal but why can’t I find a hero for my 20 year old girl? My 21 year old son is Bobafet but there is no Rey or Hamora for my 20 year old daughter...
She's 20... why not just let HER select the character instead of you doing it? This way she will find someone that she likes on her own. Doesn't have to be a "hero".

Like it’s infantacizing grown up female fans who have passed out of the Ariel phase... it’s either a princess or a villain- it’s just odd
So you're saying that no adults have chosen animated characters as their avatar? I'm really puzzled by your concern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!