Disney Pins Question

jillrobinson

DIS Veteran
I bought what was advertised as DLRP pins on Ebay, the boys really got into trading last year and I thought I'd see if I could pick some up over here ready for them to trade on our next visit.
The first 2 arrived this morning - they have Disney & Rainbow Designs stamped on the back of them but not DLRP, and also they haven't got the pin with the rubber MM head backing but a button badge type fixing.
Does anyone know if these are official disney pins and can they be traded :confused3

Jill, I'll get my pins out later and compare them - I will post back!

Thanks Miffy, I've checked all the ones we have and they're all stamped DLRP apart from one a friend brought back from WDW, but that has WDW on the back, so with the unusual fixing as well I'm a litle suspicious, they're nice pins anyway if the boys don't want them I'll keep them myself. :flower:

Hi Jill,

I've checked mine and they all have DLRP or WDW stamped on them :(

It might be worth asking on the Disney Collectors Board on the Dis - there are some very knowledgeable people there about pins!

Sorry not much help am I!

Cheers

Karen

Had a look at my DD and DS's lanyards and they all have MM rubber fixings.
Mind you they have only been into pintrading since summer 2004.

If you don't mind post up the item number on ebay and we can have a look :)

Reid

I know that the early WDW pins did not have rubber backs, so the pins may still be official even with metal backs.. Also, any WDW pin is fair game for trading at DLP.

I've traded with CM at both DL and WDW and when they had a pin with a metal back, they always told me to keep my Mickey back and they would put the metal back on the one I traded to them, so I know they don't have to have a metal back. A lot of people trade with CM and don't give them the Mickey back. Most of my pins just say Disney on the back and they are tradeable. I don't know what the rainbow is. Debby

I've got Liav's lanyard here, and I'm looking at the backs. There is quite a variety! Some only say "Disney" on the back, and others say "Disneyland Resort Paris". As for the rubber mickey head vs. the metal backs, we clarified this with several CM's at the parks, and the rubber backs are newer, but there is not supposed to be any difference in the value of the pin based on that.

Pins that say "pin trading" in addition to the logo on the back, are CM "lanyard pins" and were handed out to CM's, and never on sale. These are supposed to be very "desirable".

My daughter only collects the pins that are attractive to her, giving no thought to "value", but I know for serious collectors there are other considerations.

By the way one of Liav's pins, an older Winnie the Pooh, says "Disney Sedesmasa" on the back, and nothing else! I have no idea what that means...

Hi,

surch for the pins you got on pinpics.com to see what you got. At the beginning the DLRP Pins did not have a MM-rubber.

You can also PM me the ebay-links and I will have a look for you.

Greets Renate :wizard:

A big thankyou to everyone for taking the time to check their pins and reply, the backing on these is called "safety pin type" -I found some more on Ebay I don't think they'll be tradeable, but the others I bought were all OK.
That link is incredible Karen - I spent most of yesterday evening reading up on pins and I can even answer Jody's query, Sedesma pins are Spanish. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter