Disney Past- A Tribute to My Disney Dad

What a heartwarming trip report and it is such a wonderful tribute to your wonderful dad! How awesome is that to be a single dad and take your children on such fun trips! He will be there with you in spirit when you go back, I am sure of that. :hug:

I loved this trip report. It was a sweet way to share your memories of Disney with your dad. I loved what you said about him being a 7 yr old cowboy with no worries. :goodvibes You are right, we do need to remind our parents we love them and let them know what our fondest memories of them are.

Thanks for sharing.:wizard:

I am sorry for your loss. 6/5 was the 3 year anniversary of my father's passing. My father passed 4 months before our Oct 07 trip (at the age of 61). He was supposed to be going with us (myself, husband, two kids and mom) and couldn't wait to be in Disney with his two grandkids. Because we knew how much he loved going to Disney we decided not to cancel the trip. I truly know how you feel when you say you will miss calling him and showing him pictures. Were there times we all cried while in Disney because of how much we all wished he was there - yes. But there were also lots of smiles and laughter knowing he was "with us" and would have loved this ride or that restaurant. My many trips to Disney with my dad may still bring some tears to my eyes but they also bring me so much happiness - my memories will always be with me.

Thank you for sharing your pictures. Your TR made me both cry and smile.

This was a very sweet tribute to your dad. I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks for sharing your photos with all of us. I haven't been to WDW since 87 and some of my happiest memories are of that trip with my dad, mom, brother and sister. The photos of Epcot from around that time bring back a lot of happy times.

Thanks for bringing back fond memories of my Dad on Father's Day. My Dad passed away in 1989, two months after he retired. Your pictures and thoughts made me remember all the great times we shared together. I recently became a Father in December and I hope I Can be half the dad he was.

What a heartwarming trip report and it is such a wonderful tribute to your wonderful dad! How awesome is that to be a single dad and take your children on such fun trips! He will be there with you in spirit when you go back, I am sure of that. :hug:

I loved this trip report. It was a sweet way to share your memories of Disney with your dad. I loved what you said about him being a 7 yr old cowboy with no worries. :goodvibes You are right, we do need to remind our parents we love them and let them know what our fondest memories of them are.

Thanks for sharing.:wizard:
Wow! I didn't realize what a great response I'd get to this thread. I'm glad I did this. It has helped with the loss.

I am sorry for your loss. 6/5 was the 3 year anniversary of my father's passing. My father passed 4 months before our Oct 07 trip (at the age of 61). He was supposed to be going with us (myself, husband, two kids and mom) and couldn't wait to be in Disney with his two grandkids. Because we knew how much he loved going to Disney we decided not to cancel the trip. I truly know how you feel when you say you will miss calling him and showing him pictures. Were there times we all cried while in Disney because of how much we all wished he was there - yes. But there were also lots of smiles and laughter knowing he was "with us" and would have loved this ride or that restaurant. My many trips to Disney with my dad may still bring some tears to my eyes but they also bring me so much happiness - my memories will always be with me.

Thank you for sharing your pictures. Your TR made me both cry and smile.

I hoped the pictures would bring back fond memories for everyone that signed on to the thread. With a few chuckles. I didn't want to concentrate on the bad. My DDad would have wanted me to talk about the good times. I'm sorry about your DDad. You're right it will be hard this Sept. for me at WDW. I know I will be talking to him in my head the whole time.

This was a very sweet tribute to your dad. I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks for sharing your photos with all of us. I haven't been to WDW since 87 and some of my happiest memories are of that trip with my dad, mom, brother and sister. The photos of Epcot from around that time bring back a lot of happy times.

:thumbsup2

Thanks for bringing back fond memories of my Dad on Father's Day. My Dad passed away in 1989, two months after he retired. Your pictures and thoughts made me remember all the great times we shared together. I recently became a Father in December and I hope I Can be half the dad he was.

You know, I've known too many good people who've worked all their lives and had big plans for when they retired, only to be taken away from us within the first couple of years. I am so sorry that your DDad didn't get a chance to enjoy his much deserved retirement. This is why my DH and I are trying to see this country now. Congratulations, on being a new DDad!:mickeyjum . One tip. Take lots of pictures. When you think you've got enough take more!!

That was very sweet of you to put that together. When I see my parents in December for our trip together (we live on MS and they live in OH) I will surely thank him for starting my Disney obsession! I connected with so many of your pictures. I borrowed my parents photos one time and scanned a bunch. One of my biggest memories was when we took the monorail over to Epcot when they were building Spaceship Earth. Half of the tiles were on it and you could see the track spiraling up to the top through the part that wasn't tiled.

I liked the feathered hair, by the way. (I just had to add that!)

Plan on in his memory... :hug:

I am so sorry about your father's passing. I loved this tribute though. I recenlty dug through some old pictures of one of my family's trips to WDW (we went twice when I was a kid) and had some good laughs, but also realized that we were pretty lucky. My parents had to scrimp and save to take us on both of those trips and back then, most of my friends had never been to WDW. I have now been to WDW 4 times without my parents (the last 3 with my own kids) and each time I always bring them a little something back so that we all remember our times there.
Thanks for sharing!

That was very sweet of you to put that together. When I see my parents in December for our trip together (we live on MS and they live in OH) I will surely thank him for starting my Disney obsession! I connected with so many of your pictures. I borrowed my parents photos one time and scanned a bunch. One of my biggest memories was when we took the monorail over to Epcot when they were building Spaceship Earth. Half of the tiles were on it and you could see the track spiraling up to the top through the part that wasn't tiled.

I liked the feathered hair, by the way. (I just had to add that!)

Plan on in his memory... :hug:

Thank you and the feathered thing is just called layered now. :rotfl2: I've seen that style on a few girls lately. Just don't tell them where it came from.

I am so sorry about your father's passing. I loved this tribute though. I recenlty dug through some old pictures of one of my family's trips to WDW (we went twice when I was a kid) and had some good laughs, but also realized that we were pretty lucky. My parents had to scrimp and save to take us on both of those trips and back then, most of my friends had never been to WDW. I have now been to WDW 4 times without my parents (the last 3 with my own kids) and each time I always bring them a little something back so that we all remember our times there.
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks and you're welcome. I honestly don't know how my dad did it. We loved going to King's Island and did that about every year, sometimes more than once.

I really wish I had not read this at work. People are walking by my office asking me if I am ok as I cry.

You had a wonderful dad and your pictures brought back all of my memories of my grandfather. Until this last trip in January, he went on every disney trip with us, and probably help pay for a lot of them. We still laugh at some of the antics he would pull while we were away. This last trip was wonderful but so weird without him.

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

Kim

I really wish I had not read this at work. People are walking by my office asking me if I am ok as I cry.

You had a wonderful dad and your pictures brought back all of my memories of my grandfather. Until this last trip in January, he went on every disney trip with us, and probably help pay for a lot of them. We still laugh at some of the antics he would pull while we were away. This last trip was wonderful but so weird without him.

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

Kim

:thanks: I hope you didn't get into any trouble at work.

I loved this trip report! It brought tears to my eyes! You were blessed to have such a wonderful dad and he was blessed to have you as a daughter. This has reminded me of the one of the main reasons we go to WDW, to make memories with our families. I hope when I'm gone my children can look at our pictures and remember all of the good times we had. Thanks for posting this.

Thank you for sharing this. I'm sorry about the loss of your dad. Hold onto all those precious memories. He is smiling down at you and he most definitely will be smiling at you on your next trip to Disney.

I loved seeing your pictures. Brought back some great memories...and a few not so great, mostly regarding fashion and hair. I have a lot of pictures with that same look! We thought we looked so good, didn't we??? LOL...
I totally forgot about the double socks. I would do that all the time. Yikes! I won't say much about what my DD picks out next time....lol...

Sorry for your loss. What a great Tribute to your dad. Loved all the pics - brings back many good memories.

In your pictures I saw a man who loved his kids so much and who cherished every moment with them. I loved the blast from the past, especially the '89 pictures...the first time we went to WDW was as a family in the fall of '90 when I was almost 9, and I think my father was more excited than us kids were! I still remember walking into the MK with my family, through the castle, and riding on Cinderella's Carousel. Your dad's memory will definitely live on every visit you make.:wizard:

In your pictures I saw a man who loved his kids so much and who cherished every moment with them. I loved the blast from the past, especially the '89 pictures...the first time we went to WDW was as a family in the fall of '90 when I was almost 9, and I think my father was more excited than us kids were! I still remember walking into the MK with my family, through the castle, and riding on Cinderella's Carousel. Your dad's memory will definitely live on every visit you make.:wizard:

Sorry for your loss. What a great Tribute to your dad. Loved all the pics - brings back many good memories.

Thank you, both. I'm glad you got to see this. I'm getting very close to going and I know that 50's PTC will biggest reminder of him because we both loved it so much. A part of me can't wait and a part of me is dreading it. I hope I don't cry in my milkshake!

I really enjoyed reading your trip report.Made me think of all the DL trips with my Mom.My mom passed away June 30th 2007, while I was with her in the hospital.She was 63.She also loved Disney!Looking at your pictures, brings back alot of memorys.Sorry to hear about your Dad.

I really enjoyed reading your trip report.Made me think of all the DL trips with my Mom.My mom passed away June 30th 2007, while I was with her in the hospital.She was 63.She also loved Disney!Looking at your pictures, brings back alot of memorys.Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Thanks. Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope to get back to DL one day. We were both lucky to have Disney parents!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Awww...I love that term "Disney Parents!!" Funny how going someplace can remind you so much of someone and you feel like you are right back in that time. Oh, and speaking of "lazy doxies.."....I have one right here on the couch covered up in a blanket so light doesn't dare touch his eyes!!!! He is both a handful and a blessing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!