Disney Parks Phone Cases?

DantePD

Mouseketeer
Would anyone happen to know about how long after the release of a new iPhone Disney usually has cases for them? My iPhone X is arriving before our trip and I'd like to grab a Disney case for it

Last year I was in WDW around the time the iPhone 7 was released and they had iPhone 7 cases available at DTech on demand (Disney Springs and in MK) about a week after the iPhone 7 came out. (I didn't like the iPhone 7 cases they had though, thought it was a bit too bulky compared to the iPhone 6 cases they had!)

Go to D-Tech in Tomorrowland or at Disney Springs. That is your best option for phone cases. I know as of last week Disney iPhone X cases were not out yet.

They recently announced a partnership with Otterbox. Not sure if that means all Disney Parks phone cases will now be Otterbox or if they are just adding Otterboxes to the lineup. Might take a little longer than usual due to the new partnership.

They recently announced a partnership with Otterbox. Not sure if that means all Disney Parks phone cases will now be Otterbox or if they are just adding Otterboxes to the lineup. Might take a little longer than usual due to the new partnership.
I think they are just adding Otterbox to their line up but I could be wrong.

I just returned yesterday and they have iPhone cases for 6, 6s, and 7 at the resort (POR) and at D-Tech and World of Disney in DS. I just got an iPhone 8 and there were no cases yet. I also heard the Otterbox announcement, so hoping they will be in stores soon.

I just returned yesterday and they have iPhone cases for 6, 6s, and 7 at the resort (POR) and at D-Tech and World of Disney in DS. I just got an iPhone 8 and there were no cases yet. I also heard the Otterbox announcement, so hoping they will be in stores soon.
The 8 is the same size as the 7.

I wouldn't put my iPhone X in one of those Disney cases. I've had 3 of them rip apart just by taking the phone out of the case.

I wouldn't put my iPhone X in one of those Disney cases. I've had 3 of them rip apart just by taking the phone out of the case.

I've never had a Disney iPhone case because they look so flimsy--like there's no protection for the phone. They may look cool but that's only part of the function of a phone case. I'm a long time Otterbox user and I was pleased to hear about the new partnership. I spoke to an Otterbox rep at the runDisney expo a couple of weeks ago and he showed me the new Disney themed cases and there is certainly more protection built-in to those than the standard Disney cases.

Last edited:
At the Wine & Dine expo the Otterbox rep told me the iPhone X cases will start to be released in January. I think she said there will be two. The only one I remember her describing was a clear case with pink glitter inside and Cinderella castle. I hope it’s true!

I've never had a Disney iPhone case because they look so flimsy--like there's no protection for the phone. They may look cool but that's only part of the function of a phone case. I'm a long time Otterbox user and I was pleased to hear about the new partnership. I spoke to an Otterbox rep at the runDisney expo a couple of weeks ago and he showed me the new Disney themed cases and there is certainly more protection built-in to those than the standard Disney cases.
I haven't found the Disney cases to be flimsy. I am not prone to dropping my phone though. I had an otterbox once but hated it because it was so big and bulky.

I had not known about the Otterbox announcement! I may finally be able to get a Disney phone case!!

I am prone to dropping my phone. I honestly can't count the number of times it's been accidentally flung three or four feet straight onto concrete. I've dropped it enough times that my current Otterbox has a crack near one corner (though it's the lightest weight version, designed for my kind of drops rather than dropping it from thirty feet up - those are too bulky for me). I'd wanted to get a Disney phone case when I first got a smart phone, but it seriously would not have survived even a few months without the Otterbox.

I haven't found the Disney cases to be flimsy. I am not prone to dropping my phone though. I had an otterbox once but hated it because it was so big and bulky.

I'm not prone to dropping my phone either, but I'd probably start dropping it regularly if it wasn't well protected. ;) The Otterbox is kinda big & bulky but it's a sacrifice I put up with for keeping my phone in one piece.:)

One tip if you get the custom cases made at D-Tech in Springs. They give you a receipt and tell you to come back in about 20 minutes... don't forget about it and go all the way back to your resort and then realize what happened. That was not fun :)

Ok, need some advice. I have always had a D Tech case on my iPhone 6. Yes, sometimes the sides would peel away from the backing and I’d usually super glue it back together with no problem. I decided to get a new one last night at Disney Springs. I noticed the iPhone 6 case is now for 6, 6s, 7, and 8. I asked to see the sample one and it seemed to fit my phone. They are different than the old ones in that they are now 2 pieces - a rubber ring for the outside and a backing that pops into place inside the ring. The rubber ring is thicker than the old one. I ordered it and picked it up.

When I got home last night, I had the fun realization that the thickness of the ring makes the port for my charger very “deep” and now my chargers won’t plug into it unless I take the case off! :(

So, any advice besides throwing it out? Having to take a case off every time I want to charge it seems counter productive to having said case. :(

the thickness of the ring makes the port for my charger very “deep” and now my chargers won’t plug into it unless I take the case off! :(

Not sure what you use to charge your phone. If you're simply using the cable with the lightning connector on one end and the usb plug on the other, maybe there's a lightning connector with a longer "neck" on it? I know design mistakes happen but surely someone involved in the development of the case considered that the phone would need to be charged and that no one would want to remove the case every time??? That would be a problem for virtually every iPhone user.

Last edited:
Hoping I can get an Otterbox for my iPhone X if I make it back to WDW next year (well, I still have 9 months left on an AP so there is incentive to go)!

When I got home last night, I had the fun realization that the thickness of the ring makes the port for my charger very “deep” and now my chargers won’t plug into it unless I take the case off! :(

So, any advice besides throwing it out? Having to take a case off every time I want to charge it seems counter productive to having said case. :(

Are you able to use other chargers? Would the standard Apple lightning charger work (just looked at mine and they're pretty skinny at the lightning port)?

I finally found a charger that worked. I’m still quite annoyed - I had just purchased a very nice battery that had a charger built in. I liked it because I didn’t have to carry an additional cord with me to the parks with it. Well, until I get rid of this case, I guess I won’t be using that handy-dandy charger. :( We compared the new case to my old D Tech one, my boyfriend’s case for his Android phone, and a couple other old iPhone cases - this new one is QUITE deep in comparison. I already had come across other chargers that didn’t fit with my last case, so this will be a pain and you should probably bring your favorite charger with you to make sure it will work if you are ordering one of these.

Also, this new one being 2 pieces (the outside rubber ring and hard plastic back)....when I’ve had to take it out of the case, getting all the pieces to perfectly align has been tricky. It took 4 times to get it right and without one corner being slightly raised. I’ve never had one with 2 pieces, so maybe I’m just not used to it?

Also, I’ve had this case for 4 days and we already see some of the design rubbing off! I am not hard on my phones and I have had at least 3 D Tech cases previous to this one with no fading of design.

Overall, I’m disappointed in the redesign and won’t be getting a new D Tech case, as much as I love the designs on the back. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!