Disney parking to Paris day trips

Pumpkingirl7

Mouseketeer
We will be touring Amsterdam, Belgium, and the coast of France before we head to Paris. We will be traveling by rental car and plan to return the rental car back to Amsterdam at the end of our 15 day trip. That said I know driving and parking in Paris is going to be awful so I’m wondering if I could you Disney and it’s free parking as my home base to tour Paris instead of the other way around. Do the trains run back into Paris often. We do plan to do a day or 2 at Disney.

That said I know driving and parking in Paris is going to be awful so I’m wondering if I could you Disney and it’s free parking as my home base to tour Paris instead of the other way around.
I have a feeling some words are missing in this sentence :) Disneyland Paris doesn't have free parking, only at the hotels if you are staying onsite.

But to answer your question, it is easy to do DLP by train (RER) from Paris. Especially if you plan your hotel to be near a station of the A-line.

Trains go regularly till after closing time. However, always keep an eye if strikes or disruptions are announced.

Yes sorry I meant we would stay on Disney property. Sorry it is early. Lol. I meant we would stay on Disney property the entire time we are around Paris and do day trips to Paris from Disney.

I wouldn't do it this way. Disney hotel are more expensive than real world comparable hotels. If you want to do one day or two in Paris and your focus is DLP, than ok, the train is very convenient. It runs every 15 minutes and it takes 45 minutes to go to the city center.
But to visit Paris for more days, I strongly encourage to do aplit stay, a couple of nights in DLP and a week in an hotel in Paris City center. You don't need to worry too much about your car: just park it when you arrive and forget it until it's time to leave. Use the Metrò to move around.

What Zavandor says.

You can do it both ways, stay at DLP and day trips to Paris, or the other way around. But easier and maybe cost effective is a split stay than staying at DLP the entire trip.

Do you need the car once you get to Paris? What are the plans afterwards?
We will be returning the car back to Amsterdam where our trip started. So no we don’t need it in Paris but I’ve got to have some place to leave it and get back to it pretty easily

You fly in and out of Amsterdam airport for this trip?

If so, out of the box idea: hand in the car somewhere in Paris, and take the train back from Paris Central (Gare du Nord) or DLP back to the airport in the Netherlands.

Unless it is more expensive, you can also hand it in in Paris and have a new reservation for the day you need to drive back from Paris to Amsterdam. To have a car for a week and not use it, also doesn't sound ideal.

If that is not an option, then I would go for a DLP hotel and park for free there. Paying for parking in Paris for a week is going to be dreadful.

Yes we looked into returning it in Paris but the returning to another location is over $1000 in fees. We would probably do 2 days in Paris and 2 days at Disney at the tail end of our trip. I would think using the free parking at Disney would offset the higher stay cost

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter