Disney Paris Help Please!

Kirk

AKA Papa
We leave for France tomorrow. Today my DD says Disney is a MUST Friday and shopping all day Saturday! Can anyone give me some quick advise on what to see and where to eat at Disney Land Paris? I notice there are two parks - looks like MK and MGM to me - do you do both in a day or is that a bit much? Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Kirk! We actually have a Disneyland Paris board now and I'm going to move this there and hopefully you'll get some help. :)

I haven't been to DLP in 5 years so I don't know if I'll be any help. They didn't even have MGM then. LOL

I saw the link on the CB and followed it here. I hope the UK folks look over here frequently, they might be able to give you up to date information.

From what I remember:

Walt's on Main Street was very much recommended but was never open when we were there.

We ate at the Silver Spur Steakhouse in Frontierland and enjoyed it.

However, we were just two adults and no children.

Originally posted by WebmasterMichelle
Hi Kirk! We actually have a Disneyland Paris board now and I'm going to move this there and hopefully you'll get some help. :)

Thanks for the thought but I'm sure it's too late to get any help from our European brothers and sisters:( That's why I put it on the CB.

If you only have one day I recommend you spend it in the Disneyland park. The new Walt Disney Studios has only been open a year, and is still very small with few attractions and not much themeing. You certainly can't compare it to MGM.

Although the Walt Disney Studios is not yet a great park, the Disneyland park at Paris is without doubt the best Magic Kingdom that Disney has yet built! The themeing is rich and wonderfully conceived, many of the classic attractions (Pirates, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion) have been reworked and improved on, and Space Mountain has to be ridden just so you can see how tame it's American cousins are!

Tips? Make sure you get to the park just before opening time as the queues for the main attractions built up quickly. Several of the attractions have FastPass (Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Peter Pan) so make good use of those. Of the major attractions Pirates and Indy tend to have shorter queues, so you could leave those until the middle of the day when other queues are 60 minutes+. If you have time try to see the Tarzan show - it's a lot of fun. Finally, check out a few of the trip reports on the DLP board. You should get lots of inspiration and tips reading a few of those.

Regards

Rob

You may have already left. If so, sorry. If not, there are brochures on DLP at all the major tourist sites. Also, if you are in Paris you just take the train out to DLP.

As for what to see, the theming on the MK at DLP is AMAZING. Don't miss the passages behind the shops on main street, great for moving around if it is raining. Also, if you like coasters both Indiana Jones and Space Mt. are a must. Both are better than the states version at least in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter