Disney Paper

chessie

DIS Veteran
I just purchased the Mickey Mouse 12X12 paper book by Paper Pizazz.

The paper is mostly variations on Mickey heads. Most are kind of soft. Not in your face like some of the Disney backgrounds can be.

I made my first page using it and you know when you stand back and have that feeling that this is one of my best pages yet.

Well, That's the feeling I had.

Chessie

I've seen the paper and keep thinking I'll get the book. I like to use scrapbook paper for autographs and the paper in that book is perfect. Where did you find it? I haven't been in Michaels or MJDesigns and kept thinking I'd use one of their 40% coupons for it. It wasn't in the stores last time I checked.

Come on then, scan it so we can see it!

I have the disney idea book which has mostly in your face paper, but there is one sheet of blue mickey heads that is very subtle, and I would like to do something nice with it - just need some inspiration!

Bev

I agree with Chessie, I have this book in 81/2 x 11. Bought it at ACMoore with 40% coupon. I like the subtle prints and have used it for several layouts already. Of all the Disney themed paper this book is my favorite one.

I got my book at my local scrapbook store. I am so fortunate that the owner is a fellow Disney nut. She stocks all the Disney she can find. In fact she is taking me to Orlando with her in November to attend the Memories expo. Of course we are going to make a side trip to Disney.

Bev, I'd love to share some of my layouts but #1 My scanner is too small to scan the 12X12's and #2 I really don't know how, even if my scanner was 6 foot tall.

That blue paper from the Disney ideas is in the book. It's also in green.

Chessie

It's not really that hard - you scan the page in 2 pieces (left side, and then right side)

If you are very clever, you can find a program that will 'stitch' them together cleverly, but I just open a Photo program and cut and paste the right side onto the left side manually.

I tried to explain this to someone else, and made this info sheet How to cut and paste a picture together

You will also need to reduce the size of the image, as it will be huge - I usually try and reduce it to about 650 pixels tall, and let it choose the width.

Once you have a complete picture, at a reasonable size, save it as a .jpg file

All you need to do now is find somewhere to put it on the internet - there are a number of options, you can use a photo site, like Yahoo Photo's or you can get some free webspace on The Dis Free Web Space on The Dis or you can put them on Two Peas in a Bucket

There are some more detailed instructions available on the internet, but to be honest I think they just make it seem harder than it really is. You can see them here http://www.creativescrapbooking.com/topics/scanning.htm
or here http://scrapbooking.about.com/cs/scanninghowtos/

It's hard to explain without showing you, but really it's not that hard - worse come's to worse scan it in 2 pieces and shows us both bits, or just scan the middle

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter