Disney outside the parks

PAW of Maryland

Earning My Ears
My wife turns 40 this September and we are going to Disney for it. We are staying at Saratoga Springs and taking our teenager too. Her bday is a Saturday and she wants to spend that day outside the park since Saturday is typically the busiest and we will be at the parks the other days. Any ideas of cool stuff we could do that day that she and my son might like? (She doesn’t like boats or anything that might get her hair wet… lol)

My opinion, make it a resort day. Take a break and enjoy everything the resort has to offer. Plan a nice dinner at Disney Springs and just have a good day relaxing, doing nothing at all. Too much bother to leave the bubble.

What does she want to do? It's her birthday, she should get to choose. If that was me, have a nice brunch somewhere close, walkaround Downtown Disney, go for a dinner at a restaurant of my choosing and just spend a day with the family.

All the things I would want to do for my birthday would risk getting wet hair. (Snorkeling, Parasailing, a hot bath, Discovery Cove etc)

What about Cirque de Soleil or a spa day? Or you could eat multi course meals around the monorail or skyliner resorts - appetizer one place, then main meal at a second resort, and desert at a third. Hoopty Doo Review makes a big deal about announcing birthdays if you think she’d like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter