Disney + on resort tv?

Been wondering the same thing. Would like the chance to try out the product and offerings on our December trip.

Been wondering the same thing. Would like the chance to try out the product and offerings on our December trip.

There's a 7-day free trial period when you sign up, so you can check it out and not get charged as long as you cancel within 7 days.

There's a 7-day free trial period when you sign up, so you can check it out and not get charged as long as you cancel within 7 days.

Oh, I know. But thanks. The hope was to maybe take the free trial week now and get to do some catch up viewing and browsing when we’re at AOA in a few weeks. ;)

If we do decide to get yet another streaming service (grrr), it likely won’t be until into the new year - February or March. And I was hoping to get to watch some of The Mandolarian before then. ;)

As far as it being added to resort TVs, I'm not sure how it would be logistically possible. Its a streaming service so it would need a device to stream from as oppose to it being added as a channel. And presumably, a guest would need their own Disney+ login to access it. I do know that some resort TVs have USB ports and other ports for streaming device hook-ups, but I'm not sure how else Disney could get it in the rooms for people.

As far as it being added to resort TVs, I'm not sure how it would be logistically possible. Its a streaming service so it would need a device to stream from as oppose to it being added as a channel. And presumably, a guest would need their own Disney+ login to access it. I do know that some resort TVs have USB ports and other ports for streaming device hook-ups, but I'm not sure how else Disney could get it in the rooms for people.
Ya, there should be an easy way to telecast from our personal devices.

Hotels have been gradually adding "streaming channels" to their normal tv options, hulu, netflix, etc. I don't think adding something like disney+ is too far fetched.
Right, but I haven't seen that at Disney - not where I have stayed anyway. I think its a possibility eventually or as we see refurbishments, but I don't think it would an overnight switch on that everyone would start seeing yesterday. Hopefully I'm wrong though!

Well, not the original programming since that's new but many of the items they have on Dis+ are already broadcast on various channels at Disney. Movies, cartoons, etc. Not the full catalog, but some.

They could add a channel to air the new original programming, at least 1 episode for the series, as a selling point. Get folks hooked so they go home to buy?

Hotels have been gradually adding "streaming channels" to their normal tv options, hulu, netflix, etc. I don't think adding something like disney+ is too far fetched.
Yeah, but any I've stayed at required you to log in with your account. It wasn't included, just access was. As in, the app was on the TV. Not the service.

Right, but I haven't seen that at Disney - not where I have stayed anyway. I think its a possibility eventually or as we see refurbishments, but I don't think it would an overnight switch on that everyone would start seeing yesterday. Hopefully I'm wrong though!
Brings up something I read months ago, something about their testing iPads in the resort rooms. What came of that? Did they add them? That could be the way to get the app access, if they did. I know that's how they have it at Adventura over at Universal. The iPad there does everything, since it was built for that.

I don't know how the wireless internet would handle the load of people streaming.

In the evenings, half the guests would probably be trying to watch. At least.

If anything, I'd expect they'd have a channel that advertises Disney+ and runs trailers for their original shows. They might run the first episodes of a couple of shows, like "The Mandalorian," just as a tease.

I don't know how the wireless internet would handle the load of people streaming.
That is a very easy upgrade, IF that's the way they plan to go. No change in structured wiring, just in equipment broadcasting.

FWIW, the new Gran Destino Tower rooms have a much different TV / user interface setup than regular Disney resort TVs. It's more like what you see at some newer hotel chains with a much more interactive / on demand setup. It had a lot of Disney on demand content.

I didn't mess with it enough to be able to clearly articulate / describe specifics or really understand it, but I assume this will be the 'new' Disney TV format going forward, potentially.

I purchased the 3 year deal - Haven't had a bunch of time to watch but so far I really like it. it's pretty easy to navigate and the picture quality is great and I have weak internet.

I think it will happen eventually. I don't think their internet infrastructure is strong enough to do it resort wide just yet. Most likely, they'll start with the DVC Resorts (to get rid of the DVD rentals) and go from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter