Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just wondering if its specific equipment that is causing some of these issues. I am running Disney+ on a amazon fire box (not fire stick-big difference) and it's been running flawlessly since day one. I also have really good high speed cable internet through comcast at 75mbs. Anyone that having buffering issues is almost certainly on the end user and not Disney+.

I'm just wondering if its specific equipment that is causing some of these issues. I am running Disney+ on a amazon fire box (not fire stick-big difference) and it's been running flawlessly since day one. I also have really good high speed cable internet through comcast at 75mbs. Anyone that having buffering issues is almost certainly on the end user and not Disney+.
I have had some buffering issues nothing major but I never have any buffering issues streaming on other platforms.

I have had some buffering issues nothing major but I never have any buffering issues streaming on other platforms.

Are u using the same device for streaming netflix, hulu, disney+, etc. I'm just wondering if maybe the requirements to run disney+ are higher than the other providers. Cause Netflix has 158 million subscribers streaming without any buffering issues on their end and I'm sure Disney+ is setup with similar capabilities and being there are currently only 10 million disney+ subscribers, I cant see the buffering issues being on their end. I'm curious to see if disney+ releases any info on the actual issues their experiencing on their end.

Really need a proper watched recently and queue for starters

Something for picking up where you left off, especially with the series. I have been trying to watch Star Wars Rebels as only seen a few random episodes and it doesn't keep track of where I left off so I have to remember what the last episode I watch was

I know this is sort of "first world problems" but also should be something they could handle

Really need a proper watched recently and queue for starters

I already sent this request in using the add new feature option in the disney+ app. The more people that request this the better. I did notice they have the "skip intro" option. Not sure if they just added this but I did read people saying it wasn't there and they wished it were available.

I already sent this request in using the add new feature option in the disney+ app. The more people that request this the better. I did notice they have the "skip intro" option. Not sure if they just added this but I did read people saying it wasn't there and they wished it were available.
The "skip intro" has been showing for me since day one, but it might be device specific. I'm mostly using Amazon Fire TVs.
The resume options is sorely missed. I click play on something and I don't know if it's going to start over or take me to the credits or the middle or what on something I have started before.

I’ve seen skip intro since day 1 as well, I think. It showed up during Imagineering for sure and I was horrified they even thought I would want to 😂.

I can’t believe they don’t have continue watching, they don’t hold your place, and they don’t track your progress in series. Basics. Better be coming. If not I’ll........ sit here and complain but never cancel.

I submitted a few suggestions the end of last week, but another one I've noticed that I'd like to see addressed - I find it not that great visually with showing where on the screen you are, particularly when you're highlighting words on the menu. It either needs the selection to be a different color or highlighted or much, much bolder. The slightly bolding the words is really not enough - I frequently end up going and back and forth to figure out where I am.

This is more buggy than a change, but I also find it frequently skips over selections. For example, if I'm going to Movies, then "Shorts" across the top, it will skip Shorts and go to the next one for some reason, then skip it again going backwards. It sometimes takes me 3 or 4 tries to get to the menu selection I want.

Are u using the same device for streaming netflix, hulu, disney+, etc. I'm just wondering if maybe the requirements to run disney+ are higher than the other providers. Cause Netflix has 158 million subscribers streaming without any buffering issues on their end and I'm sure Disney+ is setup with similar capabilities and being there are currently only 10 million disney+ subscribers, I cant see the buffering issues being on their end. I'm curious to see if disney+ releases any info on the actual issues their experiencing on their end.
Netflix spent $100 Million dollars building a content delivery network called openconnect that cuts out the middleman and delivers their content directly to the the broadband providers. Netflix had terrible buffering because the CDNs they had use previously sucked, DIsney+ is buying transit on CDNs to get their product to the broadband providers. If more people are using Disney+ then expected in a given region then the CDN / the broad band provider may not be able to handle the traffic. It has nothing to do with D+ or even the end user network speeds, but rather the interconnection of the whole system. If the interconnection is not efficiently designed or designed to handle the traffic, packets get dropped and you get buffering. Once Disney figures out expected usage maybe they invest in their own CDN like netflix, or the CDN upgrade their own infrastructure/interconnection with broad band providers to keep Disney business and incentivize Disney not to build their own CDN like netflix did.

I have noticed on our Roku that if we pause watching something and go back to the movie/TV show screen, it shows "resume" with a bar at the bottom indicating the progress. But if we pause it and go out of the Disney+ app and come back in to finish it, it just shows "Play" on the screen but goes to the point where we left off.

Definitely a lot of software updates the system needs. To me .. not having a way to visually indicate what (or how much) of an episode youve watched is just odd considering how mature the streaming market is.
For the long running TV series, I dont want to try and remember what episode I left on.

Hopefully they add that feature very soon.

If you push play on the main title screen of the series, it will automatically start at the point you left off at. While not the best way to do it, you won't have to remember where you were.

This isn't a story - hundreds of accounts out of 10 million is not significant. Only news because its Disney. You can buy hacked accounts for any service. Make stronger passwords dont click on links from random emails.

I have a 300mbs connection hard wired into my tv and haven't had any connection or picture issues either.

I have a top of the line LG 4K OLED tv and the picture in HDR and Dolby Vision has been fantastic on the content that's available with those features.

However I also have a quality sound system and they've had issues delivering Dolby Atmos surround sound. I'm only getting crappy 2 channel stereo sound from the Disney app on my tv. Netflix and Amazon Prime sound works great.

Apparently Disney is aware of the problem and working on a fix. i know most of you are just listening through your tv speakers or a cheap home theatre in a box system and can't tell the difference. But they advertised Disney plus as being Dolby Atmos capable and those of us with capable systems want what we paid for.

People on the AV forum I belong to are really angry right now.

I'm jumping in here late and haven't read the previous 40 pages of this thread. But has Disney explained why Disney + app isn't available on all tv's? We have a 2018 Vizio, a 2016 Samsung and a 2014 Panasonic and the app isn't available on any of them. We get Netflix, Amazon, etc on all of them. Why is Disney doing it like this?

Another thing it doesn't show you where you left off in a series regardless of if you clicked on it I don't think :/
Definitely a lot of software updates the system needs. To me .. not having a way to visually indicate what (or how much) of an episode youve watched is just odd considering how mature the streaming market is.
For the long running TV series, I dont want to try and remember what episode I left on.

Hopefully they add that feature very soon.
Yeah, I get that this is a new service but I think I sort of expected it to be set up just like Hulu since they own it. I'm a little surprised that some of this stuff isn't there since they announced the service so long ago - seems like they had time to really plan/refine it to how they wanted? I guess we'll just have to wait for this stuff to be added. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!