Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids were excited to see the NatGeo section includes Brain Games - so no another series we will be watching a lot has been found

So what's the final episode going to be like? We wanted to do this .. but our current leadership only cares about dollars/cents and not imagination or vision
They'll hold off until Iger runs for President, wins the election and gets his own animatronic in Hall Of Presidents.
Ironically it will be a poor facsimile due to cutbacks dating to his CEO run at Disney :earboy2:

I'm reaching the end of my rope. The service still doesn't work at all on Roku 3600x. If it doesn't work on my TV, it's essentially useless to me and I bought into 3 years.

I can't get through my live chat or phone. I've tried so many times. I keep trying to contact them on Twitter and I know they're responding to other people but for some reason they won't respond to me.

I don't know what to do.

I'm reaching the end of my rope. The service still doesn't work at all on Roku 3600x. If it doesn't work on my TV, it's essentially useless to me and I bought into 3 years.

I can't get through my live chat or phone. I've tried so many times. I keep trying to contact them on Twitter and I know they're responding to other people but for some reason they won't respond to me.

I don't know what to do.

That's just awful that you cant get through to anyone. I wish I had more helpful advice other than to say to just keep trying.

I don't know what to do.

I know you don’t want to buy a new one but it might be easier. Amazon has New Roku premier for 29 dollars. I just got four Roku a couple weeks ago 2 uktra,one premier, and one express. All work great. Good luck

I still haven't grasped the fact I can watch Cinderella, Peter Pan or any of the vault movies anytime I want!!! That's so great!

The whole vault concept is outdated. With secondhand markets like libraries, thrift stores, local movie stores, flea markets, and Amazon, just about every movie can be found with minimal effort.

The whole vault concept is outdated. With secondhand markets like libraries, thrift stores, local movie stores, flea markets, and Amazon, just about every movie can be found with minimal effort.
I agree but I would also say that can be a positive. Most people know I go straight to the library for a lot of stuff. I just went through Disney+ on our Fire Stick and there are some Wonderful World of Disney specials that my library, nor the 3 other library systems in my area I can take advantage of have and they are not available for streaming nor does Netflix have them on disc. I can purchase them I'm sure but I like getting it for 'free' and technically for 1 year we actually do have it for free.

On the other hand I do have VHS of a good number of classics but it's nice to be able to stream those and you can download content to watch later from what my husband was reading.

I don't know what to do.

I’ll ask the standard questions, I mean no offense.

Have you tried deleting/reinstalling the app? Downloading the latest Roku firmware? Resetting the device? Does it work on any of your other devices (phone/laptop/etc)?

I haven't had a single problem with Disney Plus since it launched, but tonight we can't get it to work. It keeps kicking my daughter out of her Descendants movie and restarting the app. Is it because of high traffic? Is literally EVERYONE watching Disney Plus right now?

I don't know what to do.

It's not the best option but its definitely an option until more updates come and make more devices compatible. Ok, ur device should already have google chrome on it but if it don't then you can download google chrome and then use google chrome to stream disney+ directly from the website. And really it's not a bad option and works great, just not as easy accessible as the app. Give it a try and let us know how it works. Going to make a quick edit, I should've been little more clear. Use google chrome and go to disney+ dot com website, log into ur account and then stream through google chrome. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

I don't know what to do.

I’ve grown pretty tired of it not working well either. Still getting constant error 42s on fire sticks and Xbox. I accepted that there would be launch issues, but after a week I should be able to watch more than 6 minutes of video at a time. And Imagineering Story, the thing I wanted to watch the most, still wont even start.

I’ve grown pretty tired of it not working well either. Still getting constant error 42s on fire sticks and Xbox. I accepted that there would be launch issues, but after a week I should be able to watch more than 6 minutes of video at a time. And Imagineering Story, the thing I wanted to watch the most, still wont even start.

Error 42 is a internet problem. Do you have trouble streaming other things Netflix,amazon, etc? take your phone that’s on WiFi and do a internet speed test in the same room that your tv is in.

Last edited:
I still haven't grasped the fact I can watch Cinderella, Peter Pan or any of the vault movies anytime I want!!! That's so great!
I'm with ya! Sure, you can sometimes find things from the vault at the library but you have to get out of your jammies to go pick them up ;)
I am/was one of those crazy ladies that has to have all disney movies in my personal collection and when I realized I must have left Moana at the cabin in West Virginia I thought I would have to go out and rebuy her.....still not sure if I will do that but the fact I can watch her on Disney+ has made me so happy!

I am really sad that some of you haven't been able to make Disney+ work. I haven't tried it on our tv in the living room yet so we may have trouble there but being able to watch it on the iPad/phone/bedroom tv has been such a blessing.....I hope it works out soon for everyone.

Error 42 is a internet problem. Do you have trouble streaming other things Netflix,amazon, etc. take your phone that’s on WiFi and do a internet speed test in the same room that your tv is in.
I had considered it being an issue on my end. But at this point I have now tested Disney+ at multiple locations, with multiple devices using different operating systems, with different ISPs, different modems and routers. Disney+ has the same issues across all of those variables. Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon have no issues with any of them. I don’t think the issue is my gig internet at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!