Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, just watched second episode of The Mandalorian.

So good. So good. It almost felt like I was watching the original trilogy again. And without spoilers, I'm just positively melting over a certain character. 😍 😍 😍 And I'm ready to buy it!!! Bring on the merchandise!!! :p

This show, we were saying in my home, this will bring more people to Galaxy's Edge. It feels like Galaxy's edge looks.
Thats more like it. Ok mods she can stay ;)

Anyone know if a hulu, as well as a hulu bundle, will come to canada sometime soon? Pretty sure hulu will be getting much of the acquired more adult content.

Got into episode 2 of Imagineering last night, can't wait to finish it this weekend! This series is so awesome.
(Started to watch Mandalorian on the first day, got in a few minutes and then felt guilty since DH wasn't home, so I put that on pause. ...but very much looking forward to this one too!)

The Mandalorian feels like it's about 10 minutes long. I swear I blinked and it was over!!!

Jeff Goldblum and ice cream.:love::love:

I have to put Disney+ on hold this weekend for football and The Crown, but so far I am very happy I got the D23 deal.

The only thing I felt episode 2 of Imagineering Story was missing was more behind the scenes stuff in the attractions and just even more on the mechanics of how they were built (like give me more of the inner workings of Horizons, etc). I love those parts of episode 1 (like with Big Gurr in Matterhorn and Marty Sklar in Pirates)

But that it definitely nitpicking

Other thing I have been watching is Star Wars Rebels from the start, in order. Only seen a few episodes here and there so wanted to get more up to speed on it

Especially if the Ghost is in Rise of the Resistance

The only thing I felt episode 2 of Imagineering Story was missing was more behind the scenes stuff in the attractions and just even more on the mechanics of how they were built (like give me more of the inner workings of Horizons, etc). I love those parts of episode 1 (like with Big Gurr in Matterhorn and Marty Sklar in Pirates)

But that it definitely nitpicking

Other thing I have been watching is Star Wars Rebels from the start, in order. Only seen a few episodes here and there so wanted to get more up to speed on it

Especially if the Ghost is in Rise of the Resistance

I have never watched any of the Star Wars cartoons - only the movies. Should we start with Rebels or Clone Wars? Anything else I should know before we get into those?

I have never watched any of the Star Wars cartoons - only the movies. Should we start with Rebels or Clone Wars? Anything else I should know before we get into those?

Both may have things referenced in the future movies - seems like Disney considers them "cannon". One thing with the clone wars is the episodes are kind of in jumbled order so you may want to look up what order to watch the episodes in so it is in proper timeline.

Clone Wars is great for filling in more about Anakin before turning and introduces Ahsoka. There will also be a new season of this coming in February

Rebels takes place after Episode III and has more references to original trilogy.

True, but at least it doesn't come with equipment I have to lease or return when we leave the service. And yes, we did sign up for the 3 years. I also do Amazon Prime on an annual basis. Time will tell if I continue to pay for D+ annually or monthly. All depends on the state of things when my 3 years are up. :)
Thanks for this! I just submitted a suggestion that parents be allowed to turn on PG rated content under kids profiles :)

Thanks for this! I just submitted a suggestion that parents be allowed to turn on PG rated content under kids profiles :)

Some refined controls would be nice. My 10 year old was setting up her account and asked what setting to use. I told her to start with "kids" and then if we find a lot of what she wants (and we seem ok) is blocked we can adjust it.

Some refined controls would be nice. My 10 year old was setting up her account and asked what setting to use. I told her to start with "kids" and then if we find a lot of what she wants (and we seem ok) is blocked we can adjust it.
Yeah, even for my four year old, it’s a little over the top that he can’t watch the live action Lady and the Tramp under his profile, but we are leaving it because there is plenty of stuff he CAN watch, and he’s four. It would just be nice to have the option to turn on or off PG at the parent’s discretion.

This is what I have been waiting for, Disney + has hit it out of the park for me. The Imagineering show is terrific and yes the Mandalorian has such a great feel to it. Wonder about some of the old 20th Century Fox. When my oldest was a kid she fell in love with the Shirley Temple movies. I wonder if Disney can clean those up (they were pretty fuzzy 40 years ago) and re introduce them to a whole new generation. There is so much great content from back in the black and white days, aaahhhh but I am an old guy and have such great memories of watching late night movies with my dad back in the 1960's-it was a tradition on Saturday night with Pizza. So I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Since they take place in two different time periods, it doesn’t matter too much. There is at least one character in Rebels that originated in Clone Wars though; if you start with Rebels you won’t get that excited “that character is back” moment. As pp said, be sure to watch Clone Wars in chronological order and not by release date. The first several seasons are all jumbled up time-wise and it’s quite confusing. I quickly switched to chronological order and it all made sense.

Okay, just watched second episode of The Mandalorian.

So good. So good. It almost felt like I was watching the original trilogy again. And without spoilers, I'm just positively melting over a certain character. 😍 😍 😍 And I'm ready to buy it!!! Bring on the merchandise!!! :p

This show, we were saying in my home, this will bring more people to Galaxy's Edge. It feels like Galaxy's edge looks.
Oh, ME TOO!!!!!
Well .. I guess I know what my Friday nights will be like for a while
Mandalorian + Imagineering!

Both so good.
Same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!