Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you are thinking of One Day at Disney which is supposed to stream starting 12/3 and will follow different Cast Members at their jobs.
There is a show (and corresponding book) called "One Day at Disney" but it isn't set to appear on Disney+ until December 3rd
Yes, thank you! That's the show I was thinking of @crvetter and @TheMaxRebo. Appreciate your help!
need to get one of these then I guess:
View attachment 452809
LOL! I remember those well! And, getting back to the movie rental store only to realize the tape was still in that box!

Oh, and kids these days, they'll never know the joy of rewinding cassette tapes with a pencil! A lost art!!

Yes, thank you! That's the show I was thinking of @crvetter and @TheMaxRebo. Appreciate your help!
LOL! I remember those well! And, getting back to the movie rental store only to realize the tape was still in that box!

Oh, and kids these days, they'll never know the joy of rewinding cassette tapes with a pencil! A lost art!!

I was just thinks ng the other day that DVRs and Streaming services still have "rewind" functions but you actually aren't really "winding" anything if there isn't a tape.

Sort of like how on a computer the icon for "save" is still a floppy disk even though many people have never used an actual floppy disk

A great deal of customer service experience was honed dealing with irate customers over late fees back in my days as an assistant manager at Blockbuster. Ah, the good old days.

A great deal of customer service experience was honed dealing with irate customers over late fees back in my days as an assistant manager at Blockbuster. Ah, the good old days.

I'm a Blockbuster veteran too. I never took a manager position, though they wanted me to. I think it's neat how Blockbuster is "retro cool" now and you see T-shirts and stuff with the logo. I think I still have a couple of old polos.

Just watched the 2nd episode of World According to Jeff Goldblum and enjoyed it waaaaay more than the first, making me think the content of the first just didn't appeal to me. Also make me wonder if they shouldn't have started with this one as I think Ice Cream has broader appeal than sneakers

My wife, a more casual fan, kept asking questions and grew less interested as she felt more lost during the show. I think that shows part of the problem Disney has with Star Wars. The hardcore fans, the casual fans, and the new ones they hope to attract all need different things. One show, one movie, one trilogy, struggles to address them all. So you pick your poison.
I don't really think familiarity with the source material has much to do with it here. It's just a different kind of media consumption - some people prefer an exposition dump with an immediate hook to grab their attention. Otherwise, they don't retain interest and might think it's "boring." Others prefer or accept more of a slow burn, where mystery and intrigue is the hook itself.

Just watched the 2nd episode of World According to Jeff Goldblum and enjoyed it waaaaay more than the first, making me think the content of the first just didn't appeal to me. Also make me wonder if they shouldn't have started with this one as I think Ice Cream has broader appeal than sneakers

Yay! Also, thanks for letting me know another one episode is ready!

Will all content drop on Fridays?

I'm a Blockbuster veteran too. I never took a manager position, though they wanted me to. I think it's neat how Blockbuster is "retro cool" now and you see T-shirts and stuff with the logo. I think I still have a couple of old polos.
Yeah - I did three different stints there back in the day - freshman/sophomore years of college, shortly after college, then again a few years after that when substitute teaching wasn't reliable enough and I wasn't getting a teaching job (trying to do so without the education degree - so rather than go back to school for teaching, figured, well, I might as well take the LSAT and go back to school for something that pays better. Ironically, still doesn't pay better for me than teaching but it sure added a heck of a lot of debt).

I miss the simple days of those jobs sometimes.

Yay! Also, thanks for letting me know another one episode is ready!

Will all content drop on Fridays?

that seems to be the case currently for the series that are out now. Though I know for the Mandelorian the last episode is supposed to drop a few days earlier so it is out prior to Rise of Skywalker coming out

also, i think you will like this epsiode - lots of good lines and quirks from Jeff and I think especially the last scene / right before credits you will like

that seems to be the case currently for the series that are out now. Though I know for the Mandelorian the last episode is supposed to drop a few days earlier so it is out prior to Rise of Skywalker coming out

also, i think you will like this epsiode - lots of good lines and quirks from Jeff and I think especially the last scene / right before credits you will like

Plans tonight:

Buy wine.
Prep couch.
Watch Mandalorian with Micky.
Watch live action Lady and The Tramp without Micky. :D
Watch World According to Jeff Goldblum after we polished off the wine and laugh.

:)

You are correct that the episode that comes out the same week as TROS will be released on Wednesday instead of Friday, but that isn't the final episode of the season. There will be one more episode released on December 27, the Friday after Christmas.

Just wanted to spell it out for others.

Plans tonight:

Buy wine.
Prep couch.
Watch Mandalorian with Micky.
Watch live action Lady and The Tramp without Micky. :D
Watch World According to Jeff Goldblum after we polished off the wine and laugh.

:)
Someone reminded me of "Netflix and Chill" yesterday and asked what to do about D+. I went with "Disney+ and disengage" but I'm thinking someone can do better. Based on the above... "Disney+ and decant" maybe?

Someone reminded me of "Netflix and Chill" yesterday and asked what to do about D+. I went with "Disney+ and disengage" but I'm thinking someone can do better. Based on the above... "Disney+ and decant" maybe?

I came up with "Disney+ and us"

Or the much more direct "Disney+ and coitus"

So . . . just got an email that Hulu w/ Live TV is increasing its price by $10/month starting December 18. For Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV it will be $60.99 and just Hulu + Live TV will be $54.99.

I was already starting to question how much we really need the Live TV portion - we'd lose a few shows - and honestly have been keeping it more for some shows my wife watches that we wouldn't get with Hulu on its own. I was just texting my wife and I think we're going to drop the Live TV portion - can pick up CBS All Access now and then for a couple of their shows my wife watches. It's just interesting this is coming out now right after Disney+ comes out - almost like we now have an even better excuse to drop Hulu Live TV.

Edit: It's also a bit annoying because one of the reasons we didn't wait and go the bundle route for D+ was because we had the Hulu w/ Live TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter